Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maryland rolling Cuse last weekend...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Maryland rolling Cuse last weekend...

Sep 11, 2019, 11:50 AM

Maryland used a fast-paced offense that racked-up huge chunks of yardage (650 total yards of offense, most of which (354) was on the ground) and scored 42 first half points.

The game reminded me a little of Clemson's game against FSU last year. Once the game got away from them, the team kinda quit and just mailed it in.

That said, I don't think Syracuse is as bad as Maryland made them look.

However, if I'm wrong about that, Saturday will be another long day for Cuse and their fans. As many problems as Maryland's offense presented (Jackson is a skilled passer and a threat to run, and he's got a host of capable running backs behind him), this is nothing compared to the level of talent they'll see this weekend.

Cuse QB, DeVito, did not fare too well under pressure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Maryland rolling Cuse last weekend...

Sep 11, 2019, 12:31 PM

I predict we will see a very different Syracuse team this week. Hopefully we are not spending too much time on the MD game film.

'Cuse will put up a fight because they were embarrased. We will get a pissed off team. I have no doubt we will win, but we will not see the same team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maryland rolling Cuse last weekend...

Sep 11, 2019, 12:33 PM

Agreed^^^^^. Me thinks SU has been prepping for CLEM a LONG time and didn't place near the importance or prep time into MARY

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Devito had 330 Yards passing

Sep 11, 2019, 12:48 PM

Devito was 28-39 which isn't bad! 330 yards.

Problem was they moved it between the 20's but couldn't punch it in from there much. Plus, Anthony McFarland from Maryland is on a path to where he will be better than Saquan Barkley or Elekial Elliott. Beast!

Cuse couldn't stop the run to save their lives! If they arm tackle like they did against Maryland I look for them to get exposed again. They will play harder b/c it's at home(opener).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barring something unforeseen...

Sep 11, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Maryland rolling Cuse last weekend... ]

Clemson wins this game by at least 21.

DeVito saw plenty of playing time last year, both in garbage time and while Dungey was banged up, but he has been inconsistent in his performances. He does have three of last year’s four primary receivers returning. Beyond those three, the back-ups are young and inexperienced. The line has to replace three starters. Cuse will run the ball about half the time to keep defenses honest and their best returning RBs are senior Moe Neal and junior Abdul Adams. Look for them to throw to these guys as well to keepo defenses off of DeVito. They will continue to spread teams out and go at a really fast pace.

Defensively, Chris Clayton is gone but they return edge rushers Alton Robinson and Kendall Coleman along with junior Josh Black. They secondary is well experienced including free safety ALL_American and ACC Defensive Rookie of the YEar Andre Cisco who tied for the national lead in interceptions (seven) a year ago so TL will have the be smart with the ball and accurate. The linebacking is a big question mark for them.

I still think Syracuse's success is based, at least in part, by an ACC that suddenly lacks in quality. I do think they are well-coached and that Baber's get the absolute most out of his players, but barring something totally unforeseen (like trying to take-out our QB again), Clemson wins handily. They are just the better team across the board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic