Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maryland may be more of a test than many think.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,689

Maryland may be more of a test than many think.

Nov 5, 2012, 7:00 PM

I watched some of the replay of the GT/MD game last night on the Baltimore channel.

That fill-in QB they have is left handed and has a rocket of an arm. Largely inaccurate, but a rocket of an arm.

And MD runs a weird, high-school-ish offense that looks a lot like GT's a times, just not as well executed. They could slow the game down and make it uncomfortable into the 3rd quarter.

Or we can rattle the fill-in QB and the game could be over in the 1st quarter. I am hoping for the latter.

Be LOUD Death Valley!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maryland may be more of a test than many think.

Nov 5, 2012, 7:01 PM

I can see that...But the defense is getting better...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2012, 7:07 PM

i really don't feel that they'll be a test. You say their QB has a rocket of an arm but is highly inaccurate. I don't see him hitting many long throws. One, because the coaches wouldn't do that to him because an int would kill his confidence and two, because he's new to the position. you can't just throw a guy in there and expect him to hit the long throws.

null

Nov 5, 2012, 7:12 PM

we won't take them lightly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2012, 10:22 PM

definitely not. I'm not saying to take them lightly, i'm just saying, if our offense came out slow and only executed at about 60%, i feel we would still win by double digits.

null

Another thing that will be big is the Thursday night game.

Nov 5, 2012, 7:15 PM

If VT beats FSU expect us to come out on fire with the new Conference Championship hopes.

If FSU wins we may see a lull to start the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to be the most simple offense to defend

Nov 5, 2012, 7:20 PM

just because they have to simplify to accommodate their QB that is a scout team LB

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

OVERLOOK NO ONE. NO ONE.

Nov 5, 2012, 7:33 PM

9-1 is before us but we still have to play the game and it will still be our desire to win and our willingness to fight for it just like at Duke or WF or wherever.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really. Look at some of the GT/MD game. Here:

Nov 5, 2012, 8:36 PM [ in reply to It's going to be the most simple offense to defend ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiJv60BRU2k

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maryland has a good defense....

Nov 5, 2012, 7:43 PM

although they did lose their leading tackler. They certainly held West Virginia in check earlier this year. They will play 'prevent offense' to shorten the game. I don't sense that this will be like the Duke or Wake game, maybe a more methodical blowout like the VT game. 38-10 perhaps? Defense will have a big day.

Not wise to overlook anyone, but of our 3 remaining games,

Nov 5, 2012, 7:59 PM

they will get progressively tougher culmonating with the SC game. I think this team matured a lot from last year's fall the second half of the season and will not take anyone lightly.

Those MD uniforms look like they all got the short end...

Nov 5, 2012, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Maryland has a good defense.... ]

...of a bad paint ball outing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Nov 5, 2012, 8:00 PM

Their defense has been good at times, but the QB's arm isn't anything to worry about. I was at the MD-GT game and he floats it if more than 20 yards. 40 yards is about the extent of his arm and he winds up from the hip to get it there. He throws over the top on short passes and nearly sidearm for the long ball. They will run the wildcat a fair bit too.

I agree!

Nov 5, 2012, 8:16 PM

Take Maryland and the points. It will be a typical, uncomfortable homecoming.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Maryland will be lucky to stay within 30 points of us.......

Nov 5, 2012, 9:17 PM

You sound like the same worriers who were afraid of going to Wake and Duke. When will you wake up and realize that this is a very good Clemson team. Maryland will be totally overmatched in all phases of the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just win, baby..and be aggressive on both sides of the ball

Nov 5, 2012, 9:33 PM

I say go for it. Pin the ears back on the defense blitzing nearly every play and turn Andre, Nuk, and Sammy loose on offense

Once the Tigers are up more than 3 touchdowns, we can call off the proverbial dogs and make sure the backups get more playing time----Clemson's reserves on offense and defense have gotten fairly significant gametime in the last few weeks---that can only pay off into the future

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you except for the 3 touchdowns...make it 4 or 5.***

Nov 5, 2012, 10:28 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2012, 1:00 AM

Yeah a test just like Duke was suppose to be? Why do you people try and make teams out to be something they are not? They have a practice squad LB playing QB and starting. You have got to be kidding me if you think they have a chance. I would put my money on the snowball in hell before I put it on the Twerps.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2012, 8:55 AM

He may be able to throw it 100yds in the air... but there's a reason he's not on the QB depth chart. You don't sit 5th because you worry opposing teams with your arm strength.

I anticipate the place will be rocking at the start (it is homecoming after all), and that it'll be empty after half with our 35 point lead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he tall?***

Nov 6, 2012, 8:58 AM

Good. This is a good thing

Nov 6, 2012, 9:03 AM

Bring it on. Should be a good test for us if their D is as stout as we're led to believe. Anybody got an ACL I can borrow!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,689
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic