Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavis Bryant's future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Martavis Bryant's future

Sep 3, 2018, 7:03 AM

Could he just play in the CFL? Pot is legal there right? Does CFL ban pot? It might be a way for him to salvage something from his talent.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be like that of many former Gamecocks

Sep 3, 2018, 7:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Full service gas stations are more rare than phone booths***

Sep 3, 2018, 7:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell that to Lane Kiffin!***

Sep 3, 2018, 8:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Martavis Bryant's future

Sep 3, 2018, 8:03 AM

Could he just play in the CFL? Pot is legal there right? Does CFL ban pot? It might be a way for him to salvage something from his talent.

Considering the CFL only pays about $50,000 a year, he won't be able to sustain his drug habit lifestyle to the degree he is accustomed. The answer to Martavis' problem is NOT the CFL. Martavis' answer lies in cleaning up his act and to stop using freaking illegal substances of all types.

At some point in his life, Martavis Bryant is going to look back upon the talent he wasted on the opportunities he was given and realize he pi$$ed it all away for short term gratification. Life altering regret is a miserable thing to live with and that is the road on which Martavis is currently traveling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 8:09 AM

Bryant’s problem will never be solved until he is ready. He ain’t ready! Life is far to important to be pi$$ed away like he Is doing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant's future ]

Lol. Weed is not an expensive, bank account draining drug like coke or heroin.

The NFL needs to change its policy on it. It’s the height of stupidity that players can drink alcohol, smoke cigerrettes, and pop pain pills, you know substances that claims thousands upon thousands of lives every single year....but yet one joint a month could cause them to fail a drug test and get suspended.

Sep 3, 2018, 9:14 AM

I prefer to waste my breath on things like obeying the laws and rules instead of some one who has had every chance to be a solid citizen yet he has no ability to follow said rules and laws.These types usually fade into oblivion

Sep 3, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant's future ]

Jhop83® said:

Lol. Weed is not an expensive, bank account draining drug like coke or heroin.

The NFL needs to change its policy on it. It’s the height of stupidity that players can drink alcohol, smoke cigerrettes, and pop pain pills, you know substances that claims thousands upon thousands of lives every single year....but yet one joint a month could cause them to fail a drug test and get suspended.

Yeah... notice I used the words "lifestyle". When you have 3 kids from three different women, $50,000 doesn't go very far for weed, food, bling, and cars, especially when these baby mamma's take him to court to pay up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 10:15 AM

You do realize that he could smoke a single joint valued around $5 and fail a drug test 3 or 4 weeks later?

But yet he could drink himself stupid the night before and be perfectly fine.....

Insanity.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:33 AM

What you say may be true but the rules are going to be enforced so abide by them! We probably don’t know what
MBs problems are. Perhaps it is more than Mary Jane.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant's future ]

Yeah ..... that's right. That is why I wouldn't smoke weed to jeopardize a very lucrative career ..... apparently a very difficult concept to you and Martavis.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant's future ]

Jhop83® said:

You do realize that he could smoke a single joint valued around $5 and fail a drug test 3 or 4 weeks later?

But yet he could drink himself stupid the night before and be perfectly fine.....

Insanity.

And you do realize that smoking weed makes you dumb as does getting drunk.... Want proof? Martavis is literally throwing away millions of dollars just to get high - if that ain't dumb I don't know what is.

By the way, marijuana is not as harmless as you think. I've spent time at USSOUTHCOM and South of the border with the drug interdiction mission and I can tell you first hand the drug business (of which marijuana is a prime player) and its associated criminal enterprises is killing thousands of people and destroying the lives and governments of people throughout Latin and South America. The high demand for these mind altering substances in the USA is a national shame and character flaw that should embarrass every American. Don't try and pass me that lie that the little bit of weed you like to smoke isn't hurting anyone - those of us that have seen the devastation from its "trade" know better.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:58 PM

Ok first of all my argument is not that weed is harmless, but since you brought it up it is scientifically proven to be much safer than substances that are perfectly legal like alcohol and tobacco.

That is the point here and it's funny that you kind of made it for me with your fist sentence. The rule is absurd and could be obsolete in the near future if marijuana is legalized and yet Martavis' career has to suffer.

If you're so worried about things that are bad for people let's ban fried foods and red meat.....heart disease is the leading cause of death in the world....

Sep 3, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant's future ]

That may be true, but the poor guy needs to follow the rules as they currently exist, not the rules that should, in his opinion, exist. Tow the line, make your millions, THEN reform NFL drug policy. Of course, I suspect he doesn't consider his actions any form of civil disobedience. If it is, he needs to work on his messaging.

Sep 3, 2018, 8:09 AM

It's disgustingly sad..

I know what he is doing is self destructive and bad, but let

Sep 3, 2018, 8:13 AM

gently and kindly remember there are deep seeded emotional issues that lead to this form of behavior and addiction, and follow the recovery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Great perspective

Sep 3, 2018, 8:58 AM

So many people get hooked on deadly opiates to mitigate pain, it's a shame that this form of medicines side affect is loss of job.

There are deep seated spiritual issues beneath.

Sep 3, 2018, 10:27 AM [ in reply to I know what he is doing is self destructive and bad, but let ]

There are million on millions on billions of people all over this world who don't take drugs to deal with their problems.

I'm not against pot. Imo, pot is a personal choice which I would rather one of my children use than drinking. I am against making excuses for bad behavior which destroys families. I'm not saying pot destroys families I'm saying someone who smokes pot and loses his livelihood is doing great harm to his family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 8:43 AM

I am just taking a flyer here but it doesn't appear he is surrounding himself with the best people. Just take one look at his girlfriend to start....

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic