Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Married Loungers of the Lounge GITT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 766

Married Loungers of the Lounge GITT

Mar 14, 2019, 8:49 AM

and answer, would you do it again?

Wife of and I's anniversary is in 15 days.

Been together 9 years. Married 7.

She hit me with the "would you do it again"

I froze.

She's mad.

It's just me and my hand for a few days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Good grief, how can you be this dumb and still

Mar 14, 2019, 8:54 AM

remember to breath?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

breathE

Mar 14, 2019, 9:08 AM

FTFY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I liked it without the E more better***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:09 AM

you usually stop at the D?***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:10 AM

I like a lil A every know and then***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:12 AM

Re: breathE

Mar 14, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to breathE ]

too soon?

https://youtu.be/6_PAHbqq-o4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

You sound quite confident that

Mar 14, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Good grief, how can you be this dumb and still ]

he's breathing. His posting would indicate otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Married Loungers of the Lounge GITT

Mar 14, 2019, 8:58 AM

Now that's a loaded question.

Not sure.

I'll tell you one thing... if I could go back in time, I would have whored around before. I don't have any regrets that I lose sleep over or anything like that, but ol' girl and I have been together since we were 17 and 15. Married since 23 and 21. Now we're 35 and 33. There's plenty of crap that I don't like about her, but most of those things are issues that most wimmen folk have. I might could have done better, but I could have also done WAAAAYYYY worse. Her most redeeming quality is that she puts up with my crap.

Another thing... if SarahAdidas ever asks me that question, I'll say "you damnn right" before she finishes speaking.

Even if she's being served divorce papers tomorrow, you tell her what she wants to hear. It exponentially increases your chance to bust a nooty-noot inside of her.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I disagree. I answer with the exact opposite of what she

Mar 14, 2019, 9:13 AM

wants to hear

so she will stop asking STUPID ####### QUESTIONS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mar 14, 2019, 9:41 AM

good one.

It doesn't matter how awesome they are, they are going to keep asking uncomfortable questions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are so wise for your young age.

Mar 14, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Married Loungers of the Lounge GITT ]

Like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FBCOACH GITT

Mar 14, 2019, 9:00 AM

and answer, would you do it (freeze when she asks) again?

I'm a product of my times

Mar 14, 2019, 9:15 AM

If I was on the market when Tinder came out, hell no I still wouldn't be married.

But such was not the case in the swamps of eastern SC.

We had to take what we could get and lock it down before some city slicker came in and swooped them up.

Absolutely, 100% yes.

Mar 14, 2019, 9:00 AM

Without a doubt. The good FAR outweighs any bad.

#RealTalk

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely, 100% yes.

Mar 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

Ditto

Plus my wife is hot af and super chill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES

Mar 14, 2019, 9:06 AM

If the question is: Would you re-marry if I leave/die, the answer is "doubtful."

Mar 14, 2019, 9:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuxJqIs2a-Y

Yes hell yes!

Mar 14, 2019, 9:08 AM

No doubt in my mind. I out kicked my coverage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MOS DEF

Mar 14, 2019, 9:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5vw4ajnWGA

/\/\/\

For Greenr and DONG

It's simple mathematics

Mar 14, 2019, 9:13 AM

Check it out.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

luv u bae <3***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to MOS DEF ]

YouAreSoDumb.gif forthcoming

Mar 14, 2019, 9:14 AM

And I for sure 1000% would, but agree with ryanadidas and Micallen. I'd've definitely whored around a bit more...one of those 'if-I-knew-then-what-I-know-now revelations...and I doubt I'd get hitched again, should this one end for whatever reason

sidenote: I proposed to SheGUAR 15 years ago last night. Did not get any ##### for that, but that was more of a schedule thing. We'll see what happens tonight

#WaitingOnFriday

Mar 14, 2019, 9:16 AM

#LivingThroughYou

Wife's birthday is today, guess what I am giving her.

Not that, can't due to reasons beyond my monthly control.

#MeToo***

Mar 14, 2019, 9:18 AM

35+ years, if i can ever #### her off enough to get rid of

Mar 14, 2019, 9:14 AM

her no i would not do it again. ;)

Mar 14, 2019, 9:23 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see what Tiggity has to say about this....

Mar 14, 2019, 9:25 AM

Tiggity®

Imma leave yall hanging.***

Mar 14, 2019, 10:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hell yes...

Mar 14, 2019, 9:35 AM

spent a lot of years in what ultimately was a serviceable relationship with a decent person that was a good friend. Never realized until I met my current wife that what I described above was pretty boring. The great far outweighs the good which far outweighs the bad. My wife is better looking than me, wants sex sometimes more than I do, and she is the emotional IQ of our relationship. Between us we keep the ship in the channel for 4 kids that we brought into it with us and one we have since created. She makes me want to go home at the end of every work day.

I would do it again right now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just occurred to me that this reads like

Mar 14, 2019, 10:16 AM

I ended my last relationship because of my current wife.

My last relationship ended roughly 3 years before I met my wife. If I'm being honest, it probably ended longer ago than that.

Mar 14, 2019, 9:37 AM

Married 34 years in a few months.

Easy to answer is YES!

1. She has made me a better man
2. Given me two GREAT kids
3. Kept me alive. When I was single I was all full of stupid. I’m positive I would have already met my make by now without her.

at least you didn't ask

Mar 14, 2019, 9:45 AM

like... to you? or would i get married again in general?

that's the type of thing i would have blurted out.

when we first started dating and I was a young dumb college kid in D Square and she asked if i wanted to watch a movie (we all know what that is code for) and I said, "nah, two hours is too long to commit to anything"

but yeah, as the sappy love birds have already discussed. I really wood dew again. We dated a while before we got married. I wasn't ready financially. I knew that I didn't want to bring someone into a life of restaurants and financial struggles. I told her I wasn't going anywhere, but I am not ready to be married. We were young and in that phase of going to a wedding every weekend and she was applying the pressure

Then we waited a while to have kids. Again, we were barely taking care of ourselves, how could we bring humans into this world.

In the long run it's been right all along. Really glad we didn't rush anything and have lasted 17 years together with 10 of those being married and 4 with kid(s)

4 kids? 1 more and you can start a basketball team

Mar 14, 2019, 9:50 AM

You hate not working don't you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back and re-read what he said.***

Mar 14, 2019, 10:00 AM

"In the long run it's been right all along. Really glad we

Mar 14, 2019, 10:06 AM

didn't rush anything and have lasted 17 years together with 10 of those being married and 4 with kid(s)"

Sounds like they've been together 17, married 10, and have 4 kids.

Maybe that's the worst written sentence in the world, but that's what I get out of it.

4 with kids \= with 4 kids***

Mar 14, 2019, 10:07 AM

^^says the guy with 5 kids***

Mar 14, 2019, 10:10 AM

I know a guy with 10 kids.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:23 AM

I mentioned this a few months ago.

Last year, I ran into him and I hadn't seen him in a while. Last I saw him he had like 2 kids. He said he had 10 kids now, and I thought he was joking. He's been married 3 times, and has all 10 kids living with him. He's about 4 years younger than me. He was talking about buying a bigger house (like 5-6K square feet) in the country. I mentioned something about retirement, and apparently its literally something that he has never even thought about. He just had a gazed over look when I said it.

He asked me how many kids I had and I told him none, and he looked at me like I was crazy. "I can't imagine not having my kids around".

As he was saying that, I was thinking I don't know 11 people I'd want living with me. There must be ZERO privacy nor quiet at his place. EVER. And I stress the #### out now about keeping a job and being aged out of working, and running out of money when I can't work, etc with just me and my wife. I'd probably have to be committed if I had 1 kid, much less 9 more.

Everybody is different I guess.

Well, I'm done now...

Mar 14, 2019, 10:28 AM

We've dealt with the loss of privacy pretty well. We get every other weekend with just the baby at this point since the other 4 go visit their other parents. But I genuinely thrive on the chaos that the kids bring. And I like working and I don't see aging out as a problem since my Dad is still doing what I do at 75 and happy as he has ever been.

I don't know. I just like having a purpose beyond making money and drinking.

Heh..I don't even drink that much any more.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:49 AM

Well, maybe on some weekends.

The ancient Greeks thought the highest form of existence was contemplation.

That wasn't a shot at you...

Mar 14, 2019, 10:53 AM

that was my reflection/contemplation on where I would be without all these other people in my life as maddening as they are at times.

I wasn't being defensive.

Mar 14, 2019, 11:01 AM

Everyone is different, and has different motivations.

I find people and their differing motivations (to do anything) interesting. What motivates some folks doesn't motivate, or even demotivates others.

We had a guy that worked for us that had 9 kids.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to I know a guy with 10 kids. ]

He was an ordained minister, and we ended up having to fire him for using the company credit card to order naughty films in his hotel room, among other financial indiscretions. He also always had 3 or 4 side gigs going, usually either moronic ideas or right on the line of being shady.

That dudes thought process is all over the map***

Mar 14, 2019, 11:02 AM

9 kids....SAME WOMAN.

Mar 14, 2019, 11:26 AM

Fantastic piano player, and world class dumpster diver as well.

Definitely all over the map.

Real question: did he have a 9" pianist

Mar 14, 2019, 11:44 AM

because I do.

Apparently my reading comprehension is not working today***

Mar 14, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to 4 with kids \= with 4 kids*** ]

this makes me realize

Mar 14, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to "In the long run it's been right all along. Really glad we ]

in 3 yrs when i turn 40, i will have been with her for half of my life.

dang.

I have a basketball team's worth of kids and it's not worth

Mar 14, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to 4 kids? 1 more and you can start a basketball team ]

it. We are constantly arguing over man-to-man versus zone defense and old Mauldawg just wants to full court press.

And the fouls man, the fouls

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Mar 14, 2019, 9:50 AM

Best thing ever happened to me. Like some others have said, however, I woulda hoed around with a little more vigor and intensity before getting hitched if I could go back. As a friend of mine said "If I'd known I'd be whackin' off to the girls I banged when I was 20 for the rest of my life, I would have made better use of my time".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

My wife (now ex) once asked me if I'd remarry if she passed away...I told her no way.

She told me that was sweet but I'd have to move on with my life.

I looked at her and said I didn't mean that as a compliment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There’s really only 4 choices for most guys ...

Mar 14, 2019, 9:58 AM

1 - Marriage
2 - Dead
3 - Jail
4 - Homeless wino - druggie sleeping on a pedestrian bridge in Vegas

It’s a close call between 1 and 4 but marriage has a slight advantage.

How are those the only choices?***

Mar 14, 2019, 10:04 AM

More importantly...

Mar 14, 2019, 11:01 AM

how close is that pedestrian bridge to the liquor store?

The folks i don't get are the ones who are serial marriers

Mar 14, 2019, 10:01 AM

Being divorced 2-6 times is ridiculous to me. Probably after marriage #2 (maybe #1 was a young stupid mistake) its not them, its you. And after a while, how much stuff do you even have left to give away to someone you don't like being around? I mean hell, after 10 years, they'll even get some of your social security. That's money you may never even see that they get before you do.

I've told my wife I'd never get married again, for any reason. I'm too old for all that stuff at this stage of life.

I know a guy who has been married 9 times

Oct 23, 2013, 2:12 PM

he's batshit crazy so the real question becomes, how does he convince all these women to marry him.

BDE***

Oct 23, 2013, 2:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that like a Big DAMM Egg? Another kamado cooker?***

Mar 14, 2019, 11:03 AM

Large Donger Energy***

Mar 14, 2019, 11:27 AM

sup.***

Mar 14, 2019, 1:24 PM

2nd marriages fail at a higher rate than 1st marriages.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to The folks i don't get are the ones who are serial marriers ]

Some people make poor choices in life partners and relationships in general, while others are just poor at relationships. In either case, it doesn't seem to get better with practice. My wife is my one and only, and she and I have both said we'd never get married again if something happened to either one of us. There would be no point in it for me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This is my first marriage. My wife's second.

Mar 14, 2019, 10:50 AM

I have come to realize that for the majority of remarried people, there was a reason they got divorced. And a lot of times, it ain't the other person.

I guess I'm just better at dealing with her crazy than the last guy

Hundred percent yes

Mar 14, 2019, 10:07 AM

She frustrates me and confuses me to no end, but I love her to death and would be lost without her.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Plus she keeps your parents from finding out that

Mar 14, 2019, 11:44 AM

you're a flaming queer

I thought this would go without saying***

Mar 14, 2019, 11:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Just a few days? Then I'll answer your question for you....

Mar 14, 2019, 11:36 AM

#### straight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mixed reviews

Mar 14, 2019, 12:34 PM

We've had lots of ups, but the downs are becoming too frequent.

It sounds like both of y'all would be happier divorced

Mar 14, 2019, 2:12 PM

But to answer your question, I'd never get married again after this one. I'd marry my wife again no problem though. She aggravates the shid out of me sometimes but 99.9% of the time we get along better than anyone could ask for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 68
| visibility 766
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic