Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Richt out....??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Mark Richt out....??

Nov 2, 2015, 4:43 PM

http://thebiglead.com/2015/11/02/mark-richt-being-shoved-out-by-georgia-power-brokers/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

"Dabo Swinney"...? Writer needs to get a grip....***

Nov 2, 2015, 4:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Richt out....??

Nov 2, 2015, 4:48 PM

"Georgia is a better job than USC, even though Trojans fans don’t want to hear that."

lol - did not even bother with comparing it to the Cootacalypse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Richt out....??

Nov 2, 2015, 4:49 PM

Dabo my ####.

Back in the day fontsize could only get but so small

Nov 2, 2015, 4:58 PM

Jeez

UGA is a good job, but

Nov 2, 2015, 4:59 PM

Dabo isn't going anywhere, and Kelly wouldn't leave ND to go there. That's crazy talk. Pipe dream.

Is nice to see Dabo getting the respect he deserves now.

Nov 2, 2015, 5:00 PM

But no way he is going anywhere anytime soon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As if Dabo, Kelly, or Fisher would leave current

Nov 2, 2015, 5:04 PM

jobs to go to UGA. Yuk yuk yuk!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Not to mention he's captured lightning in a bottle at a

Nov 2, 2015, 5:07 PM

premier program. Even the greats realize the importance of this.

Re: As if Dabo, Kelly, or Fisher would leave current

Nov 2, 2015, 5:27 PM [ in reply to As if Dabo, Kelly, or Fisher would leave current ]

yeah I couldnt picture any of those moving to Ga. But I never thought Tuberville would go to Cincy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2015, 5:49 PM

Jimbo and Dabo - no way. FSU and Clemson are two of the primo jobs in college football right now - we have facilities, we have the recruiting, we have a conference where FSU and Clemson are the only two power programs that can seat 80,000+ in the stands. We are not competing with ten other programs that can do the same like the SEC can. Other than Southern Cal, there are not many programs in the country that have similar advantages.

Coaches will beat a path to Virginia Tech for much the same reason...yes, they seat only 65,000 or so, but they're still the clear football power in a very ersatz conference without any dominant program. And I just don't see a Catholic guy with midwest roots like Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame for a Southern football program no matter how well it pays.

Georgia will have plenty of suitors, but I don't think it'll be any of those three guys. I could honestly even see NFL guys who have been languishing in the announcers' booths come back to coach UGA.

Per techsideline.com's forums and Dennis Dodd at CBS, Rich Rod is probably the leading candidate at VT. I could see that; he's a West Virgina guy by heart. Kirby Smart has also announced interest in that job.

I keep hearing Mike Leach for Miami. He's supposedly angling for the job. That makes sense; Miami has athletes and their AD will be aware they need to light up scoreboards and entertain to get people to show up for games...and Leach is in probably the most thankless gig in the Pac 12 at Washington State. Miami would look like Heaven to The Pirate right now.

Georgia? Who knows? I could see any of the usual names that keep popping up - Tom Herman, Justin Fuentes, Kirby Smart.

And of course, somewhere down the queue, South Carolina will get whatever's left over.

Nov 2, 2015, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: As if Dabo, Kelly, or Fisher would leave current ]

They have a ton of good recruits. Wonder if this opens things up now. Ben Cleveland was a name I remember being interested in us

Dabo might would peak at it, but

Nov 2, 2015, 5:46 PM

Kirby Smart would get it. He's a UGA grad and his dad is a well connected HS Coach in Georgia.

I have a UGA buddy who has always said that Kirby would be thier next coach. No facts or anything, just his opinion and why he thinks Kirby has turned down other jobs.

That article is just a

Nov 2, 2015, 7:07 PM

click generator. Nothing to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's some really dumb stuff in that article.

Nov 2, 2015, 7:13 PM

UGA is absolutely not a better job than USC. That's just straight laughable.

And the three names thrown out there (Dabo, Brian Kelly, Jimbo Fisher).. why would any of them leave? UGA is probably a small step down from FSU and ND, and Dabo basically has it made at Clemson right now. Plus Dabo just doesn't seem the have the same motivations as a lot of head coaches (money, ego, etc), so i don't think he would leave unless it was really the right job for him.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic