Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Richt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,333

Mark Richt

Oct 9, 2014, 8:32 PM

I have always had respect for mr richt for the standard he holds his players to. Other coaches should really take note.... Yes I'm talking to you jimbo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Richt

Oct 9, 2014, 8:35 PM

I think this was a university decision, not a coaches decision. Also where were the suspensions for the check forgers???

Oct 9, 2014, 9:19 PM

trey matthews is the only one i can think of by name that was part of that and he was kicked off of the team during the off season..

Oct 9, 2014, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Richt ]

They were going to be suspended but instead they were kicked off the team.

Oct 9, 2014, 9:24 PM

I lost respect for Richt when he felt the need for another touchdown in the last minute of our game when he already had a 24 point lead.

Few coaches have done less with more than Mark Richt.

Oct 9, 2014, 9:28 PM

It's a little hard to blame the other team for our inability to prevent them from scoring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2014, 9:32 PM

we had the same opportunity Saturday against State. We ran it STRAIGHT up the MIDDLE on 4th down inside of 5 minutes left. In Richt's case, the game clock was under a minute and I think it was first down. They ran a sweep with Chubb. There's a difference.

I completely agree...I made a thread about this when it

Oct 9, 2014, 10:15 PM

happened and everyone thought it was ok. The whole 'it's the job of the defense to stop the offense doesn't make sense.' There's this thing called sportsmanship and they lacked it at that time. Everyone brings up how badly we lost to UGA but the score wasn't indicative of how we played most of the game. Imagine what they'd be saying if they scored another garbage TD.

People can defend that all they want but I thought it was pointless of UGA to risk injuries to both teams for a useless TD. It'd different if it's the second quarter before the half and you don't know how the second half will play out with adjustments and all...but to do it in the final minute? No, there's no reasonable excuse for that play, AT THAT TIME.

Oct 9, 2014, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Richt ]

You're against scoring points if you're winning?

I'll never understand this belief. Nothing to do with Clemson/UGA, but if you're not good enough to win why should you expect the other team to take it easy on you. It's a sport... The better team shouldn't be asked to not score.

Oct 9, 2014, 9:59 PM

It's sports, and the objective is to score points and the way to win is score points. I get that. There's also something called sportsmanship. That's why we didn't try to score 120 vs. SC State. That's why we called off the dogs against the wolfpack.

When the game is won, there's no need to humiliate the other guy by scoring as many as you can. That's Spurrieresque. What's the matter with winning with class?

Yep, some people just don't get it. They must forget

Oct 9, 2014, 10:18 PM

that it was the 4th quarter, 1st down UGA with under a minute left. I ask of those that defend it, what could UGA possibly gain by scoring that TD? You should draw a blank here. No, what could they possibly lose on that play? I don't know, maybe an injury to a key player for one. You can't win MORE by scoring more points. It's either a W or a L. They were getting the W regardless.

Re: Yep, some people just don't get it. They must forget

Oct 9, 2014, 10:38 PM

It allows kids who love a sport to score rather than waste their little remaining college career kneeling the ball the make a few people not feel as bad about a loss.

Do you honestly think the Clemson players would have had their mood change whether they scored that play or not?

Sportsmanship to me is my opponent trying, not taking it easy on me, that would make me feel even more weak after losing.

This is college, 5 year old kids.

Strongly disagree...but that's your opinion.

Oct 10, 2014, 12:34 AM

Chubb is going to see plenty of game time in the future barring injury or suspension. How would you have felt if Anthony made a tackle on Chubb and broke a bone? Maybe it's a case of ####ed if you do and ####ed if you don't, but this guy takes the QB kneel like MOST NORMAL teams would. You have seen a QB kneel before right? Do you think they were being disrespectful?

Re: Strongly disagree...but that's your opinion.

Oct 10, 2014, 6:46 AM

By that logic Dabo could have saved the risk of injury in an obvious defeat by simply not sending the defense onto the field... Teams practice how to score and not let your foot off the gas. Expecting the other team to let off when they are ahead is counter productive and weak. If they choose to kneel and let the clock run out then that is their choice but expecting it is soft.

You telling me Dabo would try to score in the 4th with a 1st

Oct 10, 2014, 11:30 AM

Down under a minute left with a wide margin of victory? Not buying it. And your interpretation of my logic is flawed....there's numerous examples of a QB kneel in situations like this...this is not a new concept and have no idea why this is even a debate...

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,333
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic