Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mark Fields to Panthers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Mark Fields to Panthers

Apr 27, 2019, 7:27 PM

https://twitter.com/anselbrown/status/1122279632676511744?s=21

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mark Fields to Panthers

Apr 27, 2019, 7:29 PM

We still mad at the panthers now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and I'm a fan of the Panthers. Two states one team

Apr 27, 2019, 7:31 PM

is lip service when they want a $hit load of tax incentives to move to South Carolina and York County but God forbid they actually put that into practice by drafting some Clemson players that would help build their following in this state.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes and I'm a fan of the Panthers. Two states one team

Apr 27, 2019, 7:34 PM

I’m a panther fan. I don’t agree with a lot of stuff they do, but there is a lot of teams who don’t by nature draft from their state’s schools. I can’t pretend that it is just the panthers doing it.

Apr 27, 2019, 7:41 PM

Can we agree that if they don’t try and get Tee next year or Justyn the year after then they really don’t care about winning and getting legitimate WRs. Hell might as well replace Cam with Trevor while they are at it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 7:42 PM

I can agree with that.

That would definitely be an upgrade!! Talent & personality!!***

Apr 27, 2019, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes and I'm a fan of the Panthers. Two states one team ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep how many did the Raiders take from Nevada

Apr 27, 2019, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes and I'm a fan of the Panthers. Two states one team ]

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep how many did the Raiders take from Nevada

Apr 27, 2019, 8:11 PM

;)

What college Power 5 team plays in Nevada?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I responded deep into another thread that the Panthers

Apr 27, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes and I'm a fan of the Panthers. Two states one team ]

organization is the only organization that has never have one single Clemson draft pick. That includes long lost teams like the Houston Oilers.

The Cleveland Browns left Cleveland and became the Baltimore Ravens. Clemson had draft picks with the Browns organization before the owner moved them to Baltimore in 1996 and after the new Cleveland Browns organization joined the league.

Even if it is not intentional, everyone has to admit it seems extremely odd there have been no Clemson draft picks by the Panthers organization, especially given the fact the Panthers camped in Spartanburg most of their history, and the number of players Clemson has sent to the NFL since the Panthers franchise first season in 1994.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I responded deep into another thread that the Panthers

Apr 27, 2019, 10:47 AM

Previous ownership was stubbornly stupid . IMO .

Re: I responded deep into another thread that the Panthers

Apr 27, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to I responded deep into another thread that the Panthers ]

Previous ownership was stubbornly stupid . IMO .

Apr 27, 2019, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Yes and I'm a fan of the Panthers. Two states one team ]

They are called the CHARLOTTE PANTHERS, brah

Apr 27, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Fields to Panthers ]

To be fair, if this is true, it would be the 3rd Clemson UDFA signing in the past 3 years (Ben Boulware - 2017, Taylor Hearn - 2018, Mark Fields - 2019)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still that is a slap in the face. Not much of a commitment

Apr 27, 2019, 7:34 PM

when you consider the cost of a UDFA so color me not impressed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still that is a slap in the face. Not much of a commitment

Apr 27, 2019, 7:37 PM

I think that’s fair for you to see that way. I’m not a Panthers fan (I’m a Chargers fan) so I’m curious, have the Panthers just straight up passed over Clemson prospects in rounds where they were projected to fall in previous drafts?

The Panthers have passed over Clemson players

Apr 27, 2019, 7:40 PM

rated higher at their position in favor of lower rated ones. It has been a pattern of the team for many years.

Re: The Panthers have passed over Clemson players

Apr 27, 2019, 7:42 PM

Are we sure that’s not just incompetence by their GM while Gettleman was there?? I’m all in favor of conspiracies, especially an anti-Clemson conspiracy, but I genuinely believe Gettleman is one of the most clueless GM’s in any professional sport. Look at what he’s done to the Giants already.

Re: The Panthers have passed over Clemson players

Apr 27, 2019, 7:52 PM

I’ve thought that for a while. Panthers GM’s are some of the worse when it comes to drafting players. They refused to give Steve Smith help when they were making playoff runs, and now they don’t draft offensive lineman.

Apr 27, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Fields to Panthers ]

I also genuinely believe they would’ve take Clelin Ferrell in the 1st round had Oakland not taken him at #4. Nobody expected him to go that high, and Carolina easily would’ve pulled the trigger on him with Julius Peppers retiring.

He's taking the same route Ben Boulware did.***

Apr 27, 2019, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Fields to Panthers ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Mark Fields to Panthers ]

Yep! Too little--far too late!

Tiger/Terrier

Apr 27, 2019, 7:50 PM

They must of forgot he played for Clemson

Apr 27, 2019, 7:59 PM

The "Carolina" (North Carolina) Panthers forgot about Clemson the day they no longer needed our stadium. That whole "We're gonna be BOTH Carolinas' team!"......it was always a wagon load-a horse dung.

Screw the Panthers. They draft Coots and Dawgs, and

Apr 27, 2019, 8:24 PM

relegate Tigers to UFA status once again. Go Texans and Raiders!

This is not true; tweet was deleted

Apr 27, 2019, 9:36 PM

Fields signed with the Chiefs

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic