Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marijuana Opinions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 89
| visibility 1

Marijuana Opinions

Oct 26, 2018, 3:13 PM

I know this has nothing to do with the FSU game or Clemson in general so no need to mention it in the replies.

However, the Bowden comments got me thinking about the general opinion on weed from Tigernet posters. While it's obviously still condemned in a lot of the country, there's a bunch of states that have legalized it for either medical or recreational use and even more states and cities have decriminalized it so if caught you get the equivalence of a parking ticket (and in Canada someone 18 or over can own up to 30g legally for anyone that missed the news).

My question is do you support the legalization of recreational (or medical) marijuana in South Carolina or in whatever state you live in? If not, where do you think you'd draw the line on what is allowed and why are you against it? Is legalization something you support or do you just kinda tolerate it?

I'm just curious to see these responses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It Should be legal federally. Alcohol causes more problems***

Oct 26, 2018, 3:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alcohol has a better lobby though***

Oct 26, 2018, 3:16 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alcohol has a better lobby though***

Oct 26, 2018, 3:17 PM

Dont forget about big pharma

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it was leagal Federally, Phillip Morris and Reynolds

Oct 26, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Alcohol has a better lobby though*** ]

would waste no time with major distribution and availability

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, tax and regulate please....I would rather be a customer

Oct 26, 2018, 3:16 PM

than a criminal

Legalize it. Tax it.***

Oct 26, 2018, 3:17 PM

Re: Marijuana Opinions

Oct 26, 2018, 3:27 PM

My daughter takes CBD oil to help with her lupus pain and I use CBD oil to help with my back pain. It helps both of us tremendously. It’s very expensive and we use the oil without THC and it should be legal in every state without question for medical use. I would grow my own and remove THC for both of us if I could.

I have no problem with it being available to everyone in every state and believe it should be legal federally for medical use. I do have a problem with people driving while intoxicated when the Tiger fans are on the road. I have a problem with it being legal for kids but I believe adults use it if they want to now and they should only be arrested if driving intoxicated.

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 26, 2018, 3:38 PM

CBD is really beneficial to so many people in pain either mentally or physically and has plenty of beneficial upside while hardly any downside. Very cool to hear it helps you and your daughter.

I agree with your second paragraph, driving while impaired isn't good ever but luckily there are already laws in SC for that, you run the risk of a DUI if caught.

Oct 26, 2018, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Marijuana Opinions ]

The THC actually helps the pain even more, just don't use it until you get blitzz if you don't like the high. I use to love the high, it would calm me down better than any man made drug that has ever been made, and without the hang over!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 9:42 PM

Amen.. great for neuropathy and many more of my ailments. It’s expensive

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 27, 2018, 12:12 PM

Yes it is, and that is the #1 reason I had to give it up. I've had 4 Major back surgeries, and weed with a maybe a 24% THC level, and that's kind of high, but it worked better for my nerve pain that the morphine or the oxycodone ever could or would!!! What most don't understand, the more you use weed, over time the less the high from the THC will be, but it still works medically!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legalize and tax it.***

Oct 26, 2018, 3:27 PM

Re: Legalize and tax it.***

Oct 27, 2018, 12:14 PM

Fix our dang roads with the tax from it!!! That would create thousands of jobs just in SC!!!

Recreational legalization on the ballot here in MI

Oct 26, 2018, 3:28 PM

I'm voting yes. Our town is actually in the process of approving medicinal dispenseries regardless of the November vote and those will be open 1H2019.

Tax tax tax. My little rural town can use the money.

Also, recreational use would make late Jan through early March much more bearable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legalize it. It appears that the Trump admin

Oct 26, 2018, 3:31 PM

is planning to push for medical to be legal at the Federal level nationwide...step in the right direction.

Re: Legalize it. It appears that the Trump admin

Oct 26, 2018, 3:47 PM

Trump is against recreational use. One of the few policy planks that I really disagree with from the Republican Party. Legalize it, tax it, do not allow it in convenience stores.

Oct 26, 2018, 3:36 PM

Needs to federally legalized. Hopefully it would help curb the opioid epidemic.

Oct 26, 2018, 3:42 PM

Opioid epidemic is the real drug issue in America IMHO. Easy to find but often times the pills, such as Xanax, are pressed and not the real stuff which is what kills people (if mixed with fentanyl). So easy to get addicted and pretty hard and dangerous to stop- dangerous only if you stop abruptly and without a plan.

Oct 26, 2018, 3:47 PM

state of Florida allows me to smoke as much as a I like, I am high now at work. I am pretty much high all day except when I am sleeping. This is the high power medical stuff mind you. I am fine, everything is fine, nothing to see here. Move along.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legalize it.

Oct 26, 2018, 3:49 PM

I lived in CO from 2010 to 2015. Amendment 64 passed in Nov. Of 2012 and recreational pot became legal Jan 1 of 2013. I can say first hand that I saw ZERO change in how anyone went about their life.

Over the course of my life I have personally lost friends and relatives to drunk driving and seen parents shirk their responsibilities as a parent due to alcoholism. Most of the trouble I have seen from pot is legal trouble from possession. Disagree with me if you like but my opinion is we should legalize marijuana. Lets: generate tax revenue, free our police force from the burden of regulating pot, free our prison system from the burden of housing "criminals".

Oct 26, 2018, 4:02 PM

Legalization for just about any amount.

Oct 26, 2018, 4:15 PM

I never have and never plan to rely on Marijuana. I don't need something of that nature to get a high, I can watch the Tigers win and that suffices. If it becomes legal I hope those who use it will stay off the roads. It's much better to make it legal and tax it like alcohol and tobacco than to have all the pushers making the money.

Now a question. Would the available of Marijuana suffice for those on crack or meth? From what I have seen and read, meth has some serious effects. In essence, would Marijuana wean the hard drug addicts or would they turn a deaf ear to Marijuana as a substitute?

In the early 1950's, I was involved in research with Kenaf, a long vegetable fiber plant. We were in the process of developing machinery to plant, harvest and process Kenaf for use as a cordage fiber. Kenaf, along with hemp and marijuana, is a member of the Cannabis family. Kenaf contains a low-grade marijuana but the plant's appearance is similar to the marijuana plant. In our research plots we noticed many of the leaves were missing and finally discovered the guilty culprits thought it was the real thing and were harvesting the leaves. If they were looking for a high, they probable needed several hundred pounds of leaves.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 4:22 PM

Make it legal.
I've smoked it for 30 years, no brain damage here, no lung cancer either, a lot of those "rumors" about it's side effects are hogwash.

Oct 26, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Marijuana Opinions ]

Joe I’ll answer as best I can. Legalizing pot will not affect those that use opioids or worse. Those are on a completely different scale. A high off of pot, to most, more mellowing, you get hungry and you sleep well. You definitely have a buzz off of it but it’s not like a severely drunk person from alcohol, you are more in control of your functions. I’m not saying you are not impaired but you are in more control. The people doing the hard drugs most likely don’t mess with pot and some never started with pot. Don’t know if that helped you

Medical should be a no brainer. As a resident in CA

Oct 26, 2018, 4:16 PM

I do not like recreational legalization. And its not about comparison to alcohol. When pot is legal for recreational use, you've removed a barrier from youth getting involved with using it. I see it in my daughter's high school. Pot is just not a big deal.. and now, cocaine isn't too far behind. When I ask teachers. they see a clear change with the legalization and ease of access.

And for any knuckleheads who spout about addiction. No, there are not addictive compounds. But marijuana is quite addictive for many. Just like with app games or gambling, there are neurotransmitters released when pot is smoked that triggers the reward center of the brain. This is not true for everyone, but it is for many, and then you have the mental/psych addiction to the drug.

My background? Dad of a 16yo, ICU RN, and former habitual pot smoker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I notice apps and sex are still legal

Oct 27, 2018, 7:34 AM

so I'm not sure your 'activates reward centers in the brain' standard is a useful one.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Medical should be a no brainer. As a resident in CA

Oct 27, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Medical should be a no brainer. As a resident in CA ]

That hardly makes you an expert!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 4:25 PM

Legalize it. I'm as Christian conservative as they come, but I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing, low dose, tea to drink. Maybe a gummy bear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 4:30 PM

I think that what ever can grow from the earth on its own should be legal to have, to eat to smoke, or what ever way you wish to use it as long as you're responsible after using it. It's a plant that grew from the earth as everything else that has grown from the earth. People that have most of the negative comments about weed, they have never been a user bc if they had, they would know that it isn't all the horrible things said about it. Back in the day when all the negatives were brought about of weed, was what our government said to make it illegal and ban it's use in the US. The cops used the ban and added their negative comments about weed bc it was their job to arrest and punish the people that used it. 80% of them don't have a clue of what it does or the actual affects on a person. Weed is against the law bc of bad proper-gander that was started and influenced by our government. Not one test has ever proven that weed was any worst for a person who uses it than the ones that drink alcohol or over eat, and actually both alcohol and over eating will kill you a lot quicker than smoking or over eating weed ever would. I at one time in my life was a chronic user, but like everything that I have had a habit of doing over the years, those habits have changed, and I hardly ever smoke weed anymore, just as I hardly ever drink a cold beer anymore!!! But I can make this promise, the 30 years I did use weed, I never saw or felt the monster that our government swore it was, and they used their lies about weed and put good people in prison for 25 and 30 years for having what they called over an ounce of it. What our government's has done using words like legal Slavery and unlawful Marijuana, has destroyed more lives than all our wars just bc they can say it's legal, its ok, or its not legal, not ok, and make it LAW!!!

So grow some poppy and coca too? Nothing wrong with a little H

Oct 26, 2018, 4:43 PM

and blow to keep the party going. I mean, of I can grow it right? Just keep away from the LSD and spice. That stuffs bad for ya.

null

Re: So grow some poppy and coca too? Nothing wrong with a little H

Oct 26, 2018, 4:51 PM

Hold up, you have to break those down and use man made chemicals to make that crap they make with it. With Weed, you crop it, and cure it out, the longer the smoother. Then you roll it up or, put in a pipe and smoke it. poppy and coca beans are totally different when it has been chemically stripped and something different is made of it.

Fair point. But the seeds you're dropping in the ground aren't

Oct 26, 2018, 4:55 PM

normal natural seeds either. Most are crossed to create the most potent THC plant possible, whether sativa or indica. Its incredibly difficult to get CBD rich pot that isn't high in thc.. and this is in CA 2 hours from Humboldt.
May feel a little different if we're talking 60s pot. This is a different beast.

null

Re: So grow some poppy and coca too? Nothing wrong with a little H

Oct 26, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So grow some poppy and coca too? Nothing wrong with a little H ]

Correct

The stength of pot has been manipulated by all mannerisms.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: So grow some poppy and coca too? Nothing wrong with a little H ]

Today’s pot wasn’t “found in nature”. This ain’t the 60’s pot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

H and Blow aren't plants, they are refined...Pot is more

Oct 26, 2018, 5:21 PM [ in reply to So grow some poppy and coca too? Nothing wrong with a little H ]

like a tomato...You pick it, you use it, no additional chemicals necessary

I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is

Oct 26, 2018, 4:37 PM

non-addictive. I've known too many pot-heads who were hooked.

It is as least as addicitve as alcohol and we all have known alcoholics.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Exactly***

Oct 26, 2018, 4:40 PM

null

Re: I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is

Oct 26, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is ]

That's bull ####, when I was a everyday user, there were many days I had to do without bc I couldn't afford it, and I never had with drawls, or never had to check in a drug recovery unit some where. In fact, if a daily user goes without for a couple of weeks, its a better high the next time you smoke!!!

Just like you can probably have a couple drinks

Oct 26, 2018, 4:57 PM

and not be checking into AA. Not everyone is you.

null

So because YOU didn't become addicted, it is not addictive?

Oct 26, 2018, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is ]

I can have alcoholic drinks and not become an alchoholic. That doesn't mena alcohol is non-addicitve.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Im pretty sure anything can be psychologically addictive... I mean gambling?***

Oct 26, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is ]

Re: I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is

Oct 26, 2018, 11:21 PM [ in reply to I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is ]

Or any addictive behavior

You can die from alcohol withdrawal

Oct 27, 2018, 7:39 AM [ in reply to I don't really care. Just don't tell me that pot is ]

cannabis withdrawal is getting the ##### for a day or two and losing your appetite.

So you're full of ####, to be blunt.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2018, 4:42 PM

Opposed to it. Read what the ER docs have to say about it out west where it has been basically legalized. They caution against it.
I expect It will eventually be legal since our youth are largely supportive of it but I think it will come at a grave cost to a society already reeling from drug problems. Ask employers how hard it is to hire and keep workers due to drug use, pot being one of them. And don’t even begin to try and count the resulting family dysfunction. Abandoned and neglected kids are 100% affected and might have a different opinion of just how great it is that their parents can get high whenevr they want.

Oct 26, 2018, 4:54 PM

Thanks Buzz Killington.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 26, 2018, 6:50 PM

Definitely shouldn’t let facts get in the way of a good buzz. Who cares about jobs and kids anyway.

Oct 26, 2018, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Marijuana Opinions ]

You can eat enough of anything and it can kill you. With them stripping the THC out of weed so they have pure THC to use for making candies and such, yes it can be harmful I would think. But as far as growing, curing, and smoking, It can't, and won't, kill you!!! Before you could smoke enough to kill you, you would be asleep long before you could ingest enough to kill!!! I mean you can strip about anything that you grow and make it bad for you, but if you grown and eat it the way it was suppose to be ate, it can't kill you. People has a thing about taking what is good, and making it bad. If they legalize pot, it will have be rules about keeping it in its natural form. They can make a drug out of about anything we can grow. Legalize it in its natural form. Get caught stripping it down to make something stronger and deadly, put their A$S in jail!!!

Oct 26, 2018, 4:53 PM

My only hang up with legalization is that it would complicate greatly the DUI and work safety testing. In theory, It is the same as tobacco and alcohol. In practicality, it's much more complicated.

Oct 27, 2018, 12:02 PM

But as a 30 year user of weed, tobacco, and some alcohol, I will swear that the weed was less harmful of the 3 for me personally. I quit the tobacco by choice bc it had began to do it's job to my lungs, and thank God for Chantix. For the weed, it got a lot better and 10 X's more expensive, so I started growing 3 plants a year for my own personal use, and I got really good at but, by letting my best friend at the time know about it, my plants got stolen 3 days before I was going to chop them down and cure them out, and that ended the best friend thing for me for the rest of my life. But it also ended me growing again, bc I know the friend had someone to steal my plant's bc he was the only one beside's my wife that knew when I wouldn't be close to home. Along with the friendship ending, it also ended my nerve to risk growing again, especially on my property. Now that I can't risk growing it, and I sure can't afford to buy it, I haven't smoked weed more than 4 or 5 times in the last 3 or 4 years, and those times were bc my grandson would come by and burn one with me before he move to far away to just drop by and say hey Grandpa, lets burn one. Also now, I just don't care for it anymore. Weed, tobacco, and alcohol don't have a place in my down the hill part of my life, and I'm more than Okay with that choice... I just wanted to say that from my 30 years of experience with weed, I've never experienced that big green Monster that people who has never tried it want's you to believe that it is, but IMO, it Ain't!!!

Leave it up to the states

Oct 26, 2018, 5:12 PM

let them decide, personally in my state I’d legalize it because i should be able to consume what i want without government fining me or putting me in prison. Having said that i’d never do weed myself legal or illegal.

yes, 420%***

Oct 26, 2018, 5:35 PM

Oct 26, 2018, 5:40 PM

The only advantage to legalizing it is that kids might not find it as cool, if it were legal.

Oct 26, 2018, 6:26 PM

Legalize it. It helps so many people with medical issues, pain management, side effects of chemo, Parkinson's, too many to list.

I'm ok with recreational as well. It's not addictive like alcohol, opiates, meth. It's more habitual. Sadly, kids can buy just bout anything at school already, so it won't increase use by kids. Make it taxable.

I personally know a federal prosecutor who works drug cases. They don't do buy and bust, they work 2 years to roll up a large distribution network. I once asked him if the war on weed was working. His response, " About as well as emptying the ocean with a bucket"

By the way, I don't partake.

Oct 26, 2018, 6:42 PM

Wether you support it or not, we can all agree it smells worse than a sack of a$$h0les

there’s a better than good chance,

Oct 26, 2018, 6:59 PM

that i may possibly be high right now.

my apologies....what was the question??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

SC could really use the tax revenue.

Oct 26, 2018, 7:02 PM

It could be a huge deal for our state economy if we were the first in the south with legal recreational use.

If we're going to allow people to poison themselves with alcohol it certainly should be legal too. Much less harmful for your body. There's a reason so many athletes smoke it, it doesn't tear down your muscle mass like booze does.

yeah, lets tax the poor some more. I wonder how much

Oct 26, 2018, 8:20 PM

revenue the average poor person pays in alcohol, lottery, cigarette taxes over the course of their life.

Re: yeah, lets tax the poor some more. I wonder how much

Oct 26, 2018, 9:59 PM

WTH it is optional. If someone can’t afford it don’t buy it

Why tax it?

Oct 26, 2018, 10:25 PM

why do we need the revenue? To”help” the people we are taxing?

Maybe that’s one of the reasons they’re poor ...

Oct 26, 2018, 10:12 PM [ in reply to yeah, lets tax the poor some more. I wonder how much ]

Nobody forces alcohol, cigarettes, or lottery tickets on any person, rich or poor.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had a “luxury tax” on things rich people buy

Oct 26, 2018, 10:32 PM

Nobody forced the rich to buy the products. But we “had” to cut that tax .

There is no moral argument for peddling a product that likely harms people, and then taxing the poor saps that use the product.

Legalize it if you want, but there is no reason to grow the government by taxing it.

Re: We had a “luxury tax” on things rich people buy

Oct 26, 2018, 11:33 PM

You legalize it just like any other consumer products. They will say the taxes made from pot will be put to helping our roads or to help our schools. If it gets in the general fund you will have no idea where the money is spent

Re: We had a “luxury tax” on things rich people buy

Oct 26, 2018, 11:41 PM [ in reply to We had a “luxury tax” on things rich people buy ]

There currently is a luxuary tax

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

It's their choice! Don't think of it as a tax, but a user fee,

Oct 27, 2018, 3:32 AM [ in reply to yeah, lets tax the poor some more. I wonder how much ]

I dont mind it, just wished it didnt smell so bad***

Oct 26, 2018, 7:02 PM

^^^ THIS! ^^^

Oct 26, 2018, 10:15 PM

If doing marijuana is going to become as socially acceptable as drinking alcohol, something will have to be done about the odor and the noxious assault on the rights of those near by.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ THIS! ^^^

Oct 26, 2018, 10:18 PM

I use it through oils and feco a d while the feco is the nastiest stuff I have ever tasted I agree some with the smell. Not sure what can be done and not alter the plant

Oct 26, 2018, 8:15 PM

It makes me hungry.

I don’t care if you legalize it, but don’t tax it

Oct 26, 2018, 8:16 PM

Don’t raise government revenue on the backs of poor people. “sin taxes” are paid by poor people, the very people “progressives” purport to help.

We have more ways than Sunday to steal from the poor.

Re: I don’t care if you legalize it, but don’t tax it

Oct 26, 2018, 10:21 PM

There is nothing you can legally purchase that isn’t taxed several times over. Well there is one prostitution

Re: I don’t care if you legalize it, but don’t tax it

Oct 26, 2018, 11:43 PM [ in reply to I don’t care if you legalize it, but don’t tax it ]

One of the multitudes of reasons the poor stay poor. If people are buying it anyway, why not tax it and fix our garbage roads? Build better infrastructure and benefit the SC economy even more.

I'm not for "growing the government" at all. How about beef up our education system, especially in the low country..

If you're going to sit here and think I'm going to feel sorry for other people's choices you got another thing coming.

Not asking you to feel sorry for anybody. The government

Oct 27, 2018, 9:24 AM

should not be in the business of condoning recreational drug use. Same goes for gambling, cigarette use, any other harmful product. If people choose to be self destructive, so be it. I am against making these stupid activities criminal. However, by taxing these harmful activities, the government is no better than a drug dealer, bookie, pimp etc. why profit and become dependent on revenue by exploiting stupid people. It is unchristian and immoral. If you want better schools and roads, raise the income tax and pay for them.

Oct 26, 2018, 8:19 PM

It should be legal if alcohol is .
If you are 21 then you should have the choice to smoke or not just like drink or not.
Alcohol is way more harmful and much more addicting.

Oct 26, 2018, 9:18 PM

It should be. Legal federally. It was legal in the united states until 1937 i believe. Until the government demonized it, because they realized they could make mkre money off of alcohol and tobacco, as sources of addiction. Dont forget hemp "which doesnt get you high at all" is also banned, you can grow fields of hemp to replace tree usage in 3 months. Hemp can create, clothing material, hempcrete "kind of like concrete" bug replients, paper, whatwver trees are used for.

Just apply the same laws to it as alcohol. Make it 21 to buy and consume, cant drive while impaired. Boom. Problem solved. Tax it. Raise money. And help people who are addicted to big pharmas drugs.

Oct 26, 2018, 9:26 PM

I use medicinal (oils & feco with THC) and they have worked for me. I live in SC and no it’s not legal

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

Oct 26, 2018, 10:10 PM

I'm actually two weeks into detoxing. I use it. I love it. Stomach ache....smoke, poop. Problem solved. Cant sleep... bong rip. Out like a light. Wanna watch a movie? Toke up and the movie is automatically better. And God knows I smoked a LOT during that syracuse game. But i have a D.O.T physical coming up in June and make sure to allow myself plenty of time(90 days) to study for the test. And I'll slip up a time or two because I go camping and have bon fires and fishing and golfing and have people over for clemson games and I work 5a-5p mon - Friday and sometimes I come home and just want a toke. I eat better and i actually feel less worn out. And I'm waaaaay more enjoyable to be around. But as I said quit smoking 2 weeks ago and I'm fine. I'm not scratching my neck or biting any heads off. I'm still a normal guy high or not.

Oct 26, 2018, 10:12 PM

Plus my wife makes me watch Poldark on PBS masterpiece sundays at 9.... it helps. Legalize it PLEASE.

I'm all for medical use legalization***

Oct 26, 2018, 10:15 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

legalize it***

Oct 26, 2018, 11:18 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legal weed

Oct 27, 2018, 2:40 AM

Duh

Oct 27, 2018, 2:57 AM

My son has had Epilepsy / Seizures since age 11 and is now 23. He cannot get a driver's license, and even though he was accepted as a student at CU, my Alma Matta, he is too afraid to try to attend classes. He is currently on 4 drugs which leave him foggy at best and still has at least 1 seizure / month. I dont KNOW that pot would keep him seizure free, but think it should be our right to give it a try.

The one med that is helping the most, Klonopin, is highly controlled and also often abused. We moved to Tennessee for the mountains last year, and here NO DOCTOR will prescribe it, so we go back to Charleston every 4 months to get scripts from his previous doctor. SC is way too conservative, IMHO, and will be one of the last states to legalize it, especially for recreational purposes.

The big Pharmacutical companies and especially the Alcohol distributors are afraid of losing money to a "drug" that folks can grow in their back yards, so the battle will rage on for a while. Again, only in my opinion, but I feel it is safer than alcohol, and I think the "it leads to harder drugs" arguments to be getting old. I grew up with many "pot heads" and 95% of them are highly functioning members of society today; did not end up on heroin, pcp, or any other killer drugs. Many doctors, lawyers, and even occassional police officers smoke on occassion. If the United Nations would pass the peace pipe, the world would be a less violent place to live. That's just my opinion, and many folks will certainly disagree. I don't know of any documented cases of overdoses, but there are certainly those where alcohol were the drug of choice.

Lastly, I think DEA Agents and our federal government have no idea what to do about all of those agents jobs in the short term (were pot fully legalized) and I actually am indirectly employed by the federal government. Just my thoughts, but you parents out there try to imagine how hard it is for a father to see his son have seizures, to live depressed from peers bullying and laughing at him; to see his son not be able to drive a girl out on a date or have taken a young lady to a prom....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

De-criminalized at Fed level, let states decide

Oct 27, 2018, 7:19 AM

If they want to take it further than that. If some state fully legalize it, while others say it’s ok for medical reasons, while others keep it illegal that’s fine. At the very least it should not be labeled as a class 1 narcotic.

Re: De-criminalized at Fed level, let states decide

Oct 27, 2018, 8:08 AM

Big pharm runs our gov. See below. If there were indeed no medical benefits to cannabis at all like our gov says then why on God’s green earth did they patent a natural unaltered substance and criminalize it?

U.S. Patent No. 6,630,507 covers the potential use of psychoactive and non-psychoactive cannabinoids — chemical compounds found within the plant species cannabis sativa — to protect the brain from damage or degeneration caused by certain diseases, such as cirrhosis, dementia, as well as concussions.

U.S. Patent No. 6,630,507 was granted to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in 2003.

To all those who say it’s so much stronger now blah blah blah, well you shouldn’t have been smoking Mexican rag weed that’s been stored in a warehouse for 2 yrs before making its trek north to the border. Yeah, MMJ starts degrading after a year and by year 2 all THC has converted to CBN. One of the most powerful natural sleep aides on the planet. That’s why the weed you smoked was weak as water.

In all reality the reason it’s stronger now is thru selective breeding, Genetics, TLC, and a lot of time. That’s all, no more and no less.

I retired from the Army on 22 Nov 2014 after 22 yrs of service. I have 6 deployments to Iraq, 5 to Afghanistan as well several other missions to undisclosed countries.

Upon my retirement I was given 16 pills a day from our honest gov. From Ambien to Perc 10’s. No questions asked by the VA just prescribe prescribe prescribe until I was tired of not being able to care or provide for my family. I couldn’t function on all that crap. So I turned to Cannabis and it’s made me a better father, husband, and just a better person. I was able to go back to work and provide for my family . So for me, had I not turned to Cannabis, I very may well have became a veteran suicide statistic.

So you see, this natural plant is not the demon it has been portrayed to us by our lying government.

Also, FYI since Cannabis made its appearance on this planet 10,000 years ago there has NEVER been a death directly resulting from consuming cannabis. Never. So while your there sipping your bourbon or popping that man made pill just know you are doing way more harm to your body than I am from smoking cannabis and history proves that.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All drugs should be legal.

Oct 27, 2018, 7:51 AM

The government has no right to be involved in anyone's personal pursuit of happiness. Don't act like smoking a joint doesn't make some people happy.

I don't smoke pot. I did until I started feeling like I was blowing smoke in God's face. I could bear the guilt and being high wasn't fun anymore. I didn't quit it, it quit me. God hasn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's one of natures best gifts to humans. Of course it should be legal.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:06 AM

To make a plant illegal is simply absurd and don't give the argument that cocaine and heroin are also plants. They are altered products from plants. That would be like saying steel should be illegal because guns can be made from it. The government has brainwashed the public over pot and finally there are enough people that have used it to call BS. It's a ridiculous prohibition that has failed miserably.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:47 AM

I have no problem with it, where it is legal. I have lots of

Oct 27, 2018, 9:01 AM

problems with it where it is illegal. Just like with immigration, millions of people seem to have a problem coming to grips with the fact that the word "illegal" means AGAINST THE ESTABLISHED LAWS OF THE LAND. Whatever opinion you may hold about the subject does not give you the right to break the law as it exists. Now, lets get back to the sirius subject of football, please.

Re: I have no problem with it, where it is legal. I have lots of

Oct 27, 2018, 9:20 AM

Big Pharm is that you?

Re: I have no problem with it, where it is legal. I have lots of

Oct 27, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to I have no problem with it, where it is legal. I have lots of ]

Big Pharm is that you?

Replies: 89
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic