Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: National analysts react to Bryant's transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: National analysts react to Bryant's transfer

Sep 27, 2018, 10:36 AM

National analysts react to Bryant's transfer

Senior quarterback Kelly Bryant announced he was transferring from Clemson on Wednesday. Bryant started 18 games and Clemson won 16 of those and he had improved Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it***

Sep 27, 2018, 11:26 AM

Re: Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it***

Sep 27, 2018, 11:40 AM

No she doesn't, you can tell the ones that don't have a clue and just talk out their rear end. They just talk about one side and give no insight on the full details of the situation.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:45 AM

Wait, are you saying someone in the media isn’t giving both sides of a story? Preposterous.
Honestly, who GAF. Let’s CRUSH THE CUSE and leave no doubt.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:58 PM

Goodness. Sounds like "somebody in the media" is writing for a football message board without about as much knowledge.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it*** ]

What I don’t get is she is saying TL put up those numbers against bad defenses, well if that’s the only reason he did so good then why didn’t Kb have great stats and games against those same defenses. TL earned to start and if Dabo would have made this move next week he would be crucified for burning KBs eligibility and forcing him to stay at Clemson. Everyone wants to compare it to Jalen and him stayin well it’s different Jalen hurts can stay on bamas team and still transfer next year and have a year left. KB couldn’t do that, so Dabo made the right move, making where Kb could transfer if he wanted to. Go Tigers!!

My thoughts as well

Sep 27, 2018, 12:09 PM

Yeah he put up some numbers against Furman and Ga Southern... better numbers than Kelly did when he had opportunities to do the same. But sure, let's focus on 1 game and completely forget about the other 3.

Just remember...

Sep 27, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it*** ]

Jalen hasn't taken a snap in week 5...yet. And you know...YOU KNOW, daddy's in his ear!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it*** ]

apparently she is not familiar with QB ratings.

Maria's a

Sep 27, 2018, 1:01 PM

Card player...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A black card, by chance?

Sep 27, 2018, 4:23 PM

Me thinks yes

Sep 27, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it*** ]

if you think about it, Swinney had to let him know by game 4 (if he had any idea of how his QB would react). Can you imagine what the locker room would be like, if he made decision in/for the 5th game.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:05 PM

You are right, Dabo Jason idea Kelly would react this way. Obviously Kelly must have reacted pretty harshly during their conversation, based on dabo’s press conference. The locker room would have e been extremely toxic if it had happened later and Kelly couldn’t transfer

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 27, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it*** ]

Exactly!! KB started those games! Had every opportunity to put up good numbers as well.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:23 PM

Opinions are like aholes.....everyone's got one. So, there you are, Ms. Taylor. :)

TAMU was 9/8. It's 9/27. Obviously TL improved, Maria.

Sep 27, 2018, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Maria Taylor has no clue if she thinks Trevor didn't earn it*** ]

And contrary to Maria's assertion, it's not clear that TL wouldn't have settled in and spanked TAMU. Dabo understandably chose to finish the big TAMU game in a hostile environment with the QB who had more experience in such situations. Things have changed since then.

Everybody is Talking about.....

Sep 27, 2018, 1:45 PM

how TL has earned the right to start! I agree with Maria,HE HAS NOT!!!!!!!!!! Clemson will NOT win a Championship game this year, I can promise you that! Without KB, this team will learn the hard way to keep what you have and use what you have to win. This should not be about the playoffs and how big my check will look at the end of the season and what big house or car I can sport around in, but each week a solid win. If both QBs can do the job then keep them both because if KB gets hurt then TL takes over,if TL gets hurt,then KB takes over, rotate! Clemson has not gotten into the meat of the season to say the TL will stay healthy! This is not a guarantee that he will! Then who, listen I'm just putting it out there! KB should have never been given the boot! We will find this out either this game or any game in the season. This is just not fair and I hope there are some games that we lose to show that this was a very big mistake to upset KB! Games will be lost after this! This is all about common sense and some people do not have any,just what is best for Clemson,you mean what is best for my wallet! Now if you post negative, I will post back heavy! Stay healthy Tigers!

I saw on the History Channel

Sep 27, 2018, 1:49 PM

That the coots once won 5 years in a row vs Clemson. The narrator stated these 5 wins were a crucial part of their 7 wins in the last 21 years.

Re: Everybody is Talking about.....

Sep 27, 2018, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Everybody is Talking about..... ]

Interesting take, Mrs. Bryant.

No one knows what the future holds, for Clemson football or for your son. As a Wren grad and Tiger fanatic, I've been a HUGE KB supporter - but the truth is that TL is just a better passer; it's the same situation we saw with Cole Stoudt and Deshaun. I don't disagree with his choice to leave - ultimately KB has to look out for KB. But, I do have a problem with him saying he wasn't given a fair shot and it was a slap in the face (and I'd wager 99.999% of Clemson fans agree). Maybe we'll fail with TL, but then again, KB could fall flat wherever he ends up as well.

Ultimately, we can't put our hopes and dreams into the hands of kids - when we do, this is what happens.

Btw - "post back heavy"? - are you threatening us if we disagree with your caustic post?

Sep 27, 2018, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Everybody is Talking about..... ]

Also, Denise McKnight from Kingstree, SC - Wife of Willie McKnight, mother of 4 and award winning chicken and sweet potato chef.. Just a tip - you may want to rethink posting all your personal information on a public board like this, otherwise a less rational person could take offense to your threats and you've given up far too much information - this isn't a church bulletin. At the least, I'd probably remove your personal email address (mcknightdenise@yahoo.com) that you have tied to your narcolepsy-inducing biography.

Sep 27, 2018, 3:05 PM

While I agree with your advice, there's no need to express it like a jerk. You say she shouldn't put so much personal info out there, and then you make sure everyone sees it. Yeah, like a jerk.

She should seriously take his advice

Sep 27, 2018, 5:56 PM

seriously

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

KB quit, Dabo didn't give him the boot.

Sep 27, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Everybody is Talking about..... ]

Thank goodness others didn't handle adversity as bad as KB. Additionally, KB was still going to play. He just wasn't going to play first.

Sep 27, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Everybody is Talking about..... ]

"Clemson will NOT win a Championship game this year, I can promise you that! "

I don't really know who you are, and you shouldn't make promises you cannot keep......or have any control over.

Santa will not be stopping by your house this year!! Bad!! Bad!!

Sep 27, 2018, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Everybody is Talking about..... ]

kb was not given the boot. He left on his own volition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Everybody is Talking about..... ]

Stop making stupid posts, and watch the games. This is obviously someone that has never played football. Definitely would like to keep Kelly, but starting the worse QB because you want depth due to possible injury is a terrible decision. Stats don't lie. We have some incredible talent at wide receiver that was being wasted on only wide receiver screens, with almost zero passes to the middle. I dont think it is coincidence that we were willing to throw over the middle with Trevor, but not with Kelly.

I really hate it for Kelly, but the right decision was made. I really hope he goes to a team that fits his skill set well. If he does, he could be a very good college quarterback. If he wants to play at the next level, he should switch to receiver or a pass catching tight end.

This moron probably thinks we should have started Cole Stoudt over Deshaun too. SMH

Re: go ahead and post back heavy

Sep 27, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Everybody is Talking about..... ]

Unlike KB, I'm not risk-averse. (That means, skeered to make a mistake.) He called that 'leadership'. I call it 'failing to explore your potential.' And when he's the leader of the team, by extension he failed to explore his team's potential. That's unforgivable.

Ray Ray and Deon both lost money because of Kelly's limited skills and adolescent decision-making tendencies. They are professionals now, still being limited by their entitled college teammate.

Thanks to Kelly's whining, every Clemson Tiger who hopes to go pro is gonna have to convince pro scouts that they are mature and ready to be professionals, because the world now believes that Dabo coddles his players. He has always cared about his guys; now people believe he holds their hands when he should be planting a boot in their butt.

If Kelly acts true to form, he will never play again. He won't choose a school to attend, because he might choose wrong. He needs to set goals, take initiative and set up accountability for himself to move forward, and I'm betting he won't. If he proves me incorrect, I'll be glad, but i wasn't wrong; he will only have proven that he is growing up and making actual decisions for once.

Ok, I'm ready. Got my jack out. Post back heavy. But please try to include at least one fact.

Re: TNET: National analysts react to Bryant's transfer

Sep 27, 2018, 1:47 PM

Marie Taylor was giggling like a school girl when she interviewed Kelly in that before the season travel around they did. It was obvious they were flirting and they hit it off.

Her opinion might be skewed with a little lust mixed in so Kelly might have and still might be talking/sitting in a tree with her ki____g.

That's understandable from that prospective. Good luck Kelly B.

Let's go Trevor, show the world what you can do as you grow into a heisman canidate!!!!!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Deer Tajh......

Sep 27, 2018, 3:09 PM

T-Law be like

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Hey Tajh

Sep 27, 2018, 4:36 PM

We have a record proving we can’t win the NC WITH Kelly Bryant. Saying we can’t win WITHOUT him seems a bit jaded. I think I know why...

Re: Hey Tajh

Sep 27, 2018, 5:15 PM

Why?

They're spot on

Sep 27, 2018, 5:32 PM

Maria and Tajh are spot on!

Re: They're spot on

Sep 27, 2018, 5:48 PM

hahahaha. Good one