Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marcus hanging with big George
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,212

Marcus hanging with big George

Mar 19, 2020, 11:27 PM

Nah! But you just never know what is up. I could be wrong but I have a hard time with Marcus being really nervous if he didn't know why he got pulled. Playing the race card may be innocent but you never know. If I knew I was innocent I would have called a lawyer while speaking to police just something seems off. Handcuffed because of suspicion is strange but happens in mostly drug neighborhoods not out on interstates unless they have info.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marcus hanging with big George

Mar 19, 2020, 11:45 PM

You don't have an idea what it's like to be black. He knows what cops are doing to blacks so why wouldn't he be nervous? You saying what you would do but you're not black. You speak of "playing the race card" like it's make believe situation. Just because you pretend that racism doesn't exist doesn't mean it's true.

Mar 19, 2020, 11:59 PM

You are just plain stupid dude race isn't a factor the car was identified first. They found nothing so what is the big deal. I have been pulled over and don't get nervous unless I have something to hide just saying. It is what is bro. I personally think he was shaky but ha jmo but who knows don't really care. Race has nothing to do with this his car was identified for some reason not his race.

He may be completely innocent? He didn't have nothing so all is good. That race card signals guilty jmo.

Mar 20, 2020, 12:33 AM

Man , I get nervous if I get nervous if I get pulled over and my son’s a cop . Who’s playing the race card ? I’m white .

Everyone is put together differently, and just as we all have different opinions , we all have different responses to blue lights .

Dude , you shouldn’t call anyone “ just plain stupid “ .

Now apologize .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Marcus hanging with big George ]

You are an idiot dude. I didn't insult you one time in my reply. You dumb ignorant keyboard warrior. You and I both know if we met in person you'd be super friendly.

Mar 20, 2020, 12:52 AM

Nah I don't hide behind a keyboard my friend and talk is cheap bro. I didn't insult anyone just stated facts. Some people are weak minded but Marcus is a good dude just got pulled over by mistake right it happens all the time around here. I am not scary and did not insult you shaky and threats makes me nervous wait that was Marcus.

Mar 20, 2020, 12:56 AM

I can cash every check I talk. What ou trying to do? And yeah says "you are stupid" is an insult.

Mar 20, 2020, 1:22 AM

pawdarock is that stupid or what just think for a minute your pulse is your IQ wait maybe lower just saying bro pawdarock. Please don't wanna go back and forth just saying Marcus is really nervous so what I get nervous for no reason ha ha! Cash that check and who writes checks anymore anyway just keep that hootie

Mar 20, 2020, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Marcus hanging with big George ]

From what I've read, it does appear that the cops had some sort of tip that a similar vehicle may have been transporting 30 lbs. of illegal drugs. Otherwise, where did that 30 lb. number come from? I certainly don't pretend to know what it's like to be pulled over and seriously questioned about a major crime I didn't do though... I suspect I might appear nervous in that situation also I guess.

Everybody in OK drives faster than that

Mar 20, 2020, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Marcus hanging with big George ]

“Driving while black” is the only thing he was pulled for.

Don’t be an idiot.

Mar 20, 2020, 6:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Marcus hanging with big George ]

"Just because you pretend that racism doesn't exist doesn't mean it's true. " - What almost every Black person I have ever listened to does not think that racism goes BOTH ways. Blacks happen to be the ONLY race on the planet that uses the Race Card, so IMO, that makes them the MOST RACIST of all the races on the planet.

Tell me what other race constantly complains about being born as the race that God gave to them.

I'll hang up and listen.

Mar 20, 2020, 9:21 AM

None of us know what happened until we know both sides of the story. I have no reason not to believe Marcus, as from all I have heard he is fine young man. What we do know there are some cops that have some prejudices against their opposite race ..... on both sides. I don't think they are racists (a word thrown around way too much), as they don't inherently think they are better than another race just by the color of their skin. They, however, are in the vast vast minority. That is something that will never completely disappear.

Whether or not an African-American is more likely to be shot by a policeman is a very complicated question and can't be merely answered by looking at the number of blacks shot versus whites and their percentage of the population. The following link is an excellent article if you want to read more about it. Hopefully we will find out more about Marcus's incident in Nebraska with all of the facts.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/08/police-officer-shootings-gun-violence-racial-bias-crime-data/595528/
">

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 10:59 AM

The question is whether a cop is more likely to be shot by a black man rather than whether a black man is more likely to be shot by a cop. I think that is the inherent issue and much of the reason the racism card gets played. But if you try to put yourself in the law enforcers shoes, it's a scary place to be. I'm not naive or stupid enough to believe that there are no "bad" cops but I think they are the exception. Personally you couldn't pay me enough to walk up to the window of a car at night to ask for someone's driver's license.

Re: your article

Mar 20, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Marcus hanging with big George ]

So we just went from a traffic stop of a married couple to shootings.

Your article digs straight down into the data on shootings, but doesn't run laterally at all.

Let me bless you with some lateral anecdotal evidence: the cop family member I grew up with didn't have a racist bone in his white body until he learned, from the job, how differently the various cultures--and subcultures--view society as a whole. People who feel like they are a part of society want to resolve their differences within the boundaries of nonviolence, but people on the fringes prey on the rest of society. And the predators are protected by the ones they prey on.

I guarantee you that for every cop who reads that statistic--an African American is 2.5x more likely to be shot by a cop than a white person--their first thought is "but that same African American is 14x more likely to be shot by another African American than a white person is by a white person." (Or whatever the correct stat is; all that matters is that it's very high.) So it's much safer to have a cop in your community than a perp running free.

The thin blue line composed of all racial backgrounds is doing its job.

Glad the Lattimores are safe and sound.

Even gladder the police had the wrong car.

Sometimes we learn the wrong lessons from our life experiences. I hope this isn't one of them.

Re: your article

Mar 20, 2020, 2:04 PM

My brother was a city policeman for over 30 years, so I understand what they go through on a daily basis. It is not a job that I would want and greatly respect them and the work that they do. In another article I read Marcus had mentioned that he knew during the stop the increased incidence of blacks being shot by policemen. I don't have any idea if he thought he would be shot ..... probably not. That is why I posted the article. I wanted to illustrate that it is a very complex issue.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,212
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic