Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Many seem concerned with Muse in coverage. That's a easy fix
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,781

Many seem concerned with Muse in coverage. That's a easy fix

Dec 8, 2019, 9:52 PM

Just flip flop him with Simmons. Muse is great in the box. He can definitely play outside LB. That's where he should be anyway. Problem solved.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Many seem concerned with Muse in coverage. That's a easy fix

Dec 8, 2019, 10:09 PM

We were dealing with a super fast running QB so early breakdowns can happen but once coach got a handle on it we shined.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was pretty obvious Virginia was picking on Muse***

Dec 8, 2019, 10:15 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was pretty obvious Virginia was picking on Muse***

Dec 8, 2019, 10:23 PM

Yup I called the first TD as soon as I saw that Muse was lined up on the slot with no help in the middle.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:28 PM

Muse is a good kid, smart, solid tackler - but he is an incredible liability in pass coverage.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:35 PM

if everyone here can see the problem with muse,then i'm certain BV can as well,and i'll trust him to gameplan around it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 8, 2019, 10:41 PM

Yeah, I'm sure this problem just arose . . SMH

Averaging 10 ppg, 28-0 and two national championships.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:44 PM

My guess is Brett Venables knows what he’s doing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing that T-net can't help improve ......

Dec 8, 2019, 10:49 PM

null

Ed Zachary***

Dec 8, 2019, 10:56 PM

"Worst case I ever seen!"

Dec 9, 2019, 10:06 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ed Zachary***

Dec 9, 2019, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Ed Zachary*** ]

I know him and al kaholic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Averaging 10 ppg, 28-0 and two national championships.

Dec 9, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Averaging 10 ppg, 28-0 and two national championships. ]

You don't think BV checks Tnet every Monday for pointers and what he needs to change on the D?

He Is Projected as a LB at the next level!

Dec 8, 2019, 10:47 PM

I think they would be doing T.Muse a favor and giving him some real reps at LB if he were to switch. I have seen where NFL scouts like his speed and size - but not his hip turn!
His hip turn is more suited for LB who would be asked to cover TE's.

As crazy as it sounds I was hoping we got LSU first because of the extra time you get between the game. Whoever our best cover guys are may as well get use to playing a bunch of snaps and getting dialed in occasionally to stop the run.

Tanner and the entire secondary would be much better off if our DE's played more like the 5 and 4 stars they came in as. Fields wants to extend plays much like Perkins - but Fields WR group is head and shoulders above that of UVA. We will have our work cut out for us for certain!

In BV I trust - Micky Cohn and company have some coaching up to do and some gray hair to get as well trying to figure out our next "Two" opponents passing games! We have the personnel to match up; but we will have to execute BV plan flawlessly and the offense had better be prepared to bail us out!

Re: He Is Projected as a LB at the next level!

Dec 8, 2019, 11:00 PM

I agree, Kirby said LSU rarely rotates players on offense so you have to roll with who you trot there for a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He Is Projected as a LB at the next level!

Dec 8, 2019, 11:24 PM

keith75® said:

I agree, Kirby said LSU rarely rotates players on offense so you have to roll with who you trot there for a while.

When they showed that list of QB's Georgia has faced so far this season I was like - "they done"! Then their offense basically having no real receiving threats kept the defense on the field too long. Their(UGA) best WR threat was a freshmen #1 Pickens.

As far as Muse - to be clear - b/c you have to make sure people don't think you trying to down the person. I am not at all. He seems like a very likable dude. He is quadruple the player I am. So, it's not about that. I just think it will be game planned to all week to find ways to get him one on one. He has the straight line speed to recover once he gets going. But, close area speed eludes him often. Brady and Burrow are on an NFL passing game level with that. Exploit a defenses weakness over and over until they change the structure of their defense. Now, you attack whatever they had to give up to accommodate what you "had been exploiting"!

But 1st - Ryan Day and Justin Fields in the dessert. Either way we will have our hands full. Both teams have been pretty unstoppable all season! But, so have we! Have they played better competition - if you are a rankings junky they have. Seems an SEC team did the whole beat everyone by 30 points and put up record numbers last year as well!

Use Muse as deep safety in zone instead of

Dec 8, 2019, 11:31 PM

man coverage?

I suggested that after the TAMU game.

Dec 9, 2019, 10:15 AM

Most of the TNetters who responded panned the idea, and Dabo and Brent V didn't listen.

Need to design something to use tanner as bait up the middle

Dec 9, 2019, 10:24 AM

I think like Tua, fields assumes coverage and will throw it quick if a move breaks someone past him. we could use that to create a pik situation with our speed at cb. One pik and they won’t take advantage of him again.

We need muse there to keep fields and dobbins from running up the middle.

The issue is we haven't faced 2 teams with this group of WR

Dec 9, 2019, 11:05 AM

In the last two years. Muse was exploited against a running QB with vastly inferior WR's than what we will face against running QB's and great WR's.

You have to spy simmons, 4 lineman to control run and outside leverage and then you have man against some amazing WR's.

If we get beat. It will be because of the liability Muse brings.

The way we work through that is kill it on offense. Law dog needs to bring out his six shooter and go to town.

Re: The issue is we haven't faced 2 teams with this group of WR

Dec 9, 2019, 11:08 AM

Also, yall realize there is 0 discussion on Tigernet about any other player at any other position where we have to game plan our weakness. Muse is unanimously considered our weakest link and a liability.

Re: Yes, I'm sure BV has never considered this before.

Dec 9, 2019, 11:07 AM

SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I think he has done well overall. This past saturday he was

Dec 9, 2019, 9:04 PM

playing with his head down. I don't know what was up with him, but he was missing, was late, and was just not doing well in general.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,781
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic