Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man did y'all see Muse run down Dobbins?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Man did y'all see Muse run down Dobbins?

Jan 8, 2020, 10:24 AM

check out straight line speed and determination at the 2:19 mark, I think that was one of the game saving plays of the night. Hey, that guy, he fast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2iC9ayYps

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man did y'all see Muse run down Dobbins?

Jan 8, 2020, 10:28 AM

some guy that does film breakdown said something like Muse may be the best athlete on the defense or team. Said he would blow up the combine, but even with that he has stiff hips in coverage.

I think Muse's biggest coverage issue is that he is overly aggressive. That bite to recovery is tested by some quick twitch WRs.

He will be fine.

in that run down he had to regather himself after colliding with another player. BUT still caught Dobbins.

Wow

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 10:48 AM

Really?? Uhh Simmons clearly is!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Man did y'all see Muse run down Dobbins? ]

I know some guys on the training staff and rumor is Muse is the fastest player on the team as far as straight line speed goes. I think there is a difference in athleticism and just plain speed.

Jan 8, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Man did y'all see Muse run down Dobbins? ]

I agree with the jumping the route comment. You would think he would learn to hold up just a bit on that stuff.

EXACTLY!! When it's all said and done, that play will

Jan 8, 2020, 10:41 AM

be one of the more underappreciated plays of the year. It literally is one of the best and most important plays of the year, considering that OSU got a FG there, and if they had 4 more points (i.e. 27), then it's unlikely we would have gone for two when we did later on, which, in turn, means OSU would have been in FG range and maybe would not have thrown that interception to Turner.

Very, very, important play and magnificent effort by Tanner Muse!

Joe Burrow doesn't slide.

Jan 8, 2020, 11:16 AM

We'll see if Tanner Muse and Isaiah Simmons can alter his thinking.

Has he faced two 230 pound safeties before?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Burrow doesn't slide.

Jan 8, 2020, 11:50 AM

Oh a big hit on Joe would be a nice little bonus.

More on my fav D player Tanner..

Jan 8, 2020, 7:43 PM

Vs Bama in Jan he got turned around by fast A-A WR Jeudy who scored but Tanner took off after him, almost caught up & still glazed him.

Vs Buckeyes on that wild chase-down of their RB, Tanner had to slightly jump over a falling Clemson player but kept hauling full stride.

remarkable!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does he do?

Jan 8, 2020, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Joe Burrow doesn't slide. ]

Courtsy?

Jan 8, 2020, 10:04 PM

The best view of this is on a video "How the West Was Won" which previously was on Tigernet (maybe still is) but can be found on youtube. And I don't think Dobbins was ever the same after that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic