Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mama may call for Dabo...but I see his first loyalty is to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,810

Mama may call for Dabo...but I see his first loyalty is to

Jan 12, 2017, 3:31 PM

Mama may call for Dabo...but I see his first loyalty is to his wife. And Clemson is his wife.

On the day that Bama calls, and they will call; I believe Coach stays and here is why.
1. Bama raised him but Clemson helped make him
2. His tenure is longer at Clemson than at Bama at this point.
3. By the time that day comes that Bama calls, Clemson will likley have been his home place longer than Bama.
4. He would be one of numerous Bama legends, several of whom he would not likely surpass; he is now #1 legend at Clemson; a chance to be set a part in his profession.
5. He could start all over again and add to the football rich tradition at Bama with the headaches of either changing the culture or being changed himself; or he could continue to build upon what he worked so hard to develop here and currently enjoys.
6. He understands that he has more money than he needs and so the allure of a higher pay volume is not impressive to him.
7. He would rather enjoy the family culture at Clemson than have to be subject to the cold cut throat business culture at Bama where 12 folks show up to say, "Good season."
8. Bama will feel entitled as if he owes it to them. Clemson is just thankful to have him.
9. Bama may be mama, but Clemson is the bride...til death do we part

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mama may call for Dabo...but I see his first loyalty is to

Jan 12, 2017, 3:35 PM

It's like Danny Ford...he went to bammer and still likes the school, but if you ever hear him speak his heart and legacy lies with Clemson.

Jan 12, 2017, 4:18 PM

The last guy to follow the legend at Bama did not fare too well: Ray Perkins.

Also, they ran off Bill Curry. I think he won about 73% of his games, but had a hard time beating Auburn.

Jan 12, 2017, 4:57 PM

I think Dabo stays.. but I think it depends on a few others things. Right now, Dabo has Clemson at the start of the dream he had long ago. National Title, FB Operations building that is 2nd to none.
If Saban retired today and Bama called... Dabo isnt leaving.

However,

Lets say Dabo starts a run here at Clemson that is Dynasty worthy. Lets say it is 5 years from now and we have won 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2021 National titles. (I dont predict this but for the sake of this discussion)
Then perhaps at that point Coach Swinney has done everything he can do at Clemson and would look for a new challenge and go to Bama.

I think a lot of it depends on Saban's timing but my money would be on Coach Swinney staying.

Jan 12, 2017, 4:59 PM

If Dabo REALLY wanted a challenge after achieving all that, he would go to USuC! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 12, 2017, 5:08 PM

You don't really think Saban is ready to retire yet ??? He has to win two more to pass the Bear .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Mama may call for Dabo...but I see his first loyalty is to ]

Now that is funny and prescient. I don't care where you're from, except Cola

Jan 12, 2017, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Mama may call for Dabo...but I see his first loyalty is to ]

Good God, if he does that he'll be replacing Belichick not Saban

BAMA FIRED Dabo And Drove Him To Real Estate to Feed

Jan 12, 2017, 6:09 PM

His family. Nothing wrong with commercial real estate to those of us who do selling and financial jobs, but to a born coach that had to be hard.

In Dabo's life he has really had ONE HUGE break given him because Clemson believed in him and took an epic level chance on him. I think Dabo's loyalty keeps him here forever or until Clemson culture changes, God forbid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 7:18 PM

IF,,, IF he goes
Promote within. Try to keep our staff intack. OC's, Brent, position coaches try to keep them all here. I can see Brent, Jeff or Tony being promoted to HC. Try to keep all the other and let Bama's new staff come from other schools,

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,810
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic