Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Loserville Game Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,392

Loserville Game Question

Nov 1, 2018, 9:56 AM

Apart from the joy of watching Clemson play this weekend, I started to think about positive outcomes from the game other than another W. No injuries is the first desired outcome. I then started to think that style points are not as big a concern now that CFP Committee has ranked Clemson #2 and winning out with the team healthy is the priority. I would like to think Clemson could play the 2s and 3s with significant playing time instead of focusing on how badly we beat Loserville.

Assuming no drama and Clemson has this game under control by mid 2nd quarter, what do you see the coaches doing from a playing time standpoint? Do you leave TL in to keep developing him or do you get Chase in as soon as possible?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christian Wilkins will QB in 2nd qtr.

Nov 1, 2018, 9:59 AM

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Make no mistake about it...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:00 AM

the subjective "eye test" bull$#!7 is all about style points.

Margin of victory is not supposed to be one of the criteria considered, but it absolutely is.

If you don't pound the teams you're supposed to beat, that is reflected in the rankings which is one reason Clemson is not currently ranked No. 1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I Get That...I Just Can't See Us Dropping More Than 1 Spot

Nov 1, 2018, 10:02 AM

do to style now, unless we are winning in overtime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make no mistake about it...

Nov 1, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Make no mistake about it... ]

Absolutely correct!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loserville Game Question

Nov 1, 2018, 10:08 AM

If the game is in hand, I have to think the coaches will have an eye on the scoring margin between Bama and Louisville.

Other than that, I can't imagine Lawrence leaving a conference game before the half if he is healthy. Even when we beat Syracuse 50 something to nothing a few years ago Deshaun played the entire first half. I think you see the same for other positions as well. Most likely with at least 1 drive in the second half to get the half started on a good note before really starting to sit those guys for the rest of the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loserville Game Question

Nov 1, 2018, 10:19 AM

I think that this game will be like the other eight the Tigers have played this season with very few exceptions.

The end results will be very similar also. 55 - 7

I think dabo will play like he always does

Nov 1, 2018, 10:29 AM

TL will be in the game in the 3rd qrt .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

not accurate. The commissioner of CFP said

Nov 1, 2018, 10:30 AM

That the “eye test” absolutely plays a role. That’s why they watch the games. Otherwise they could just use metrics and that’s exactly what we hated about the ol BCS computer rankings.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I agree that TL will play in to the 3rd quarter

Nov 1, 2018, 10:39 AM

We forget that he's still a true freshman and still has much to learn and development to make. If all goes as expected, I see him do the first couple drives in the 3rd with Chase coming in to play most of the rest of the game and Batson the last couple drives of the game. May even see Hunter in for a drive or two.

As deep as our offense is, and as good, even with 2s & 3s in, we should still have an impressive win. As well as we did against FSU - who has a fairly decent defense - I can't imagine we don't do much of the same with Loserville.

Would be nice to see Will Swinney get a TD though! He's been so close!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,392
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic