Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We finally get to experience Death Valley!! Here comes SU.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

We finally get to experience Death Valley!! Here comes SU.

Oct 20, 2014, 4:04 PM

Wow, that year went fast. Our fans and our team is excited to experience one of college footballs meccas this weekend. Very nervous about your defense, and a little suprised at the 14 point current spread. Doesn't make sense.

For a good civil discussion you can come check out syracusefan.com Good rational fans for the most part.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We finally get to experience Death Valley!! Here comes SU.

Oct 20, 2014, 4:06 PM

Y'all are getting a real treat for your first visit. A night game in Death Valley is an awesome experience. Safe travels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think it should be more? ;)***

Oct 20, 2014, 4:09 PM

Re: You think it should be more? ;)***

Oct 20, 2014, 4:10 PM

exactly. Night game in DV against a top defense with a true frosh QB. 14 points doesn't make sense. We are not Wake, we are not BC, but we are only a hair above mediocre right now.

Not trying to flame you, but I don't think you're

Oct 20, 2014, 4:13 PM

as good as BC.

You guys look like you took a step back from last year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what he said.***

Oct 20, 2014, 5:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read it as him saying they weren't as bad as WF or BC.***

Oct 20, 2014, 5:55 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was me that misread. I agree that Syracuse is not as

Oct 20, 2014, 9:54 PM

good as BC.

Re: Not trying to flame you, but I don't think you're

Oct 20, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Not trying to flame you, but I don't think you're ]

I understand. Its close but I believe we are slightly better overall than BC. Its very marginal though I agree. Historically, we're the same as Clemson, but recently we've struggled. Stinks. Can't wait to see you're amazing campus and stadium

Based on what, though?

Oct 21, 2014, 3:24 PM

BC has the better defense by a mile. They are large, aggressive, and disciplined. The weak point is their secondary, which we weren't able to exploit because of our QB situation.

On offense, they are no joke, either. Don't let their performance against us fool you. They are big, experienced, and powerful at OL. Unfortunately for them, their scheme and style this year played into our strengths on defense.

Syracuse has less talent, less size, and I don't think you can argue that you have the better coaching staff. Your offense is marginally better than theirs, but your defense is no good.

If you guys play 10 times, I think BC wins 7.

Oh, your QB got hurt. Your O isn't better than theirs, then.***

Oct 21, 2014, 3:24 PM

Oct 21, 2014, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Not trying to flame you, but I don't think you're ]

Did you really just say that historically Syracuse is the same as Clemson??

Oct 21, 2014, 9:08 PM

wasn't trying to flame at all. People under age 35 think we're a basketball school cuz we've sucked mooseballs for over 10 years. But, yes Clemson and Syracuse are historically the same. Its just a fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Oct 21, 2014, 9:26 PM

I'm older than 35...and your a basketball school. I mean, c'mon man..You poll 1000 people of all ages and ask them what they think of when you say "Syracuse", probably all 1000 are gonna say basketball and Jim B.

Oct 21, 2014, 9:30 PM

totally agree. Thats why i was sure to say "historically" Over the course of all time is what I'm saying. In terms of relevancy, yes we are currently a bottom tier ACC team in football and 2nd in hoops. We have slightly better all time history than Clemson in football. Of course it means nothing now. I definitely agree with that sentiment.

Oct 21, 2014, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Not trying to flame you, but I don't think you're ]

uh oh, this isn't going to go over well, but I just did some cursory research and it looks like I was wrong. Historically Syracuse and Clemson are not the same. However you're not going to like the answer as to who's on top. I was surprised. Wins, all-americans, HOF'ers, etc.

Oct 21, 2014, 9:33 PM

Haha..alright brother..just like we were gonna be so
intimidated by the heat and noise of your blow up dome last year..well you and your historically superior football team have fun Saturday. Yankees..good grief

Oct 21, 2014, 9:38 PM

You must be misreading my posts. I apologize. I have you beating us 24-10 Saturday. You are a borderline national power and we are a bottom tier "barely make the pinstripe bowl" every year football program right now. I was simply saying its interesting that historically we are equal or slightly better "program" You made an unfortunate and incredulous remark in the way of "How dare I say that?" when its true. I wish you would at least say "wow, I had no idea" or "wow I stand corrected, we're still gonna kill you Saturday" Either would have been civil and acceptable. Trust me, current SU fans know where we stand. We're not delusional. Can't wait to see DV Saturday

14 is a pretty fat point spread. We're a good team but we

Oct 20, 2014, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: You think it should be more? ;)*** ]

aren't blowing a lot of teams out.

Hope you have a great time in Clemson.

null

Our Frosh QB has a broke finger on his throwing hand

Oct 20, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: You think it should be more? ;)*** ]

won't play. We are saving him for the Chickens at the end of the season. Our back up Sr QB will do a fine job.

Re: Our Frosh QB has a broke finger on his throwing hand

Oct 20, 2014, 4:23 PM

I think the Frosh QB he was referring to is theirs. Cuse's senior QB Terrel Hunt broke his leg against Louisville a few weeks ago and won't be in back for our contest on Saturday.

Oct 20, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: You think it should be more? ;)*** ]

We have O issues right now. O line play is avg at best. No tight end play. Dropping runners like flies. Our phenom QB is injured.

That has to be the reason for the low spread. We may not score into the 20s at this rate.

Oct 20, 2014, 4:26 PM

$10 we score in the 30's , have you seen their d tackle!!!

i hope you are right!***

Oct 20, 2014, 5:44 PM

You proved you're not Wake last weekend.***

Oct 20, 2014, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: You think it should be more? ;)*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feel free to wear your orange proudly!

Oct 20, 2014, 4:15 PM

I promise ... no one will give you a hard time for sporting your school colors.

Safe travels!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 14 point spread is based largely on...

Oct 20, 2014, 4:18 PM

the inability of the Clemson offense to move the ball with any consistency over the last two weeks. Of course, the UofL and BC defenses were responsible for some of the inconsistency. I could be wrong but I don't think the Cuse defense is comperable to UofL or BC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You don't have a chance in hell.***

Oct 20, 2014, 4:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I tried to check out syracusefan.com

Oct 20, 2014, 4:22 PM

But I'm not willing to disable my ad blocker to see the content. Thanks for the invite though.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: I tried to check out syracusefan.com

Oct 20, 2014, 5:45 PM

I don't blame you, I wouldn't disable my ad-block for no reason ever again with all the crap that's in these ads today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, they're pretty obnoxious

Oct 21, 2014, 3:25 PM

I understand the need to pay the bills, but there are far better ways to do that than obnoxiously placed ads.

Just don't act like Dayem Yanquees and you will

Oct 20, 2014, 4:27 PM

have a great experience! ;)

cusejuice you coming down for the game?***

Oct 20, 2014, 4:31 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: cusejuice you coming down for the game?***

Oct 20, 2014, 7:43 PM

Yes sir. cant wait

Hope you have a great time

Oct 20, 2014, 7:51 PM

Safe travels!

Careful of this one Cusejuice. She'll feed you

Oct 20, 2014, 8:52 PM

Beagle diks!!!

She's sick!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Not on his first visit

Oct 20, 2014, 9:47 PM

You Moran!!

Awesome, hope you have a safe journey and

Oct 21, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: cusejuice you coming down for the game?*** ]

a great time.

If I had a tailgate spot of my own I'd invite you to drop by, but as it is I'll be making the rounds myself

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Safe travels. Look for friendly fans and hospitality.

Oct 20, 2014, 4:51 PM

Our offense is not very good this year. We have good skill players, but I think I our offensive line doesn't allow us to run the ball with any consistency. Our defense is the best I have seen in quite sometime, 20+ years. Those guys are great and they're deep, so when the 1st string roles out there is little to no drop off when 2nd string comes in.

For Pregame make sure you get an early start. You guys are catching us during Homecoming. Make sure you make it over to Bowmen Field to see the homecoming floats. They are pretty cool. Bowman field is in front of Tillman Hall which is the clock tower building. After that make it over to downtown Clemson, which is small and quaint, but some great places to visit. Make sure you make it over to the ESSO Club to listen to some live music before the game. The ESSO is not near downtown, but its within walking distance. The ESSO is a block and half away from the stadium. So that should be your final destination. If you head towards the stadium from downtown, ESSO will be down the road (hwy 93) just past the stadium on the right.

Post game be prepared for colossal traffic. Afternoon games aren't NEARLY as much of a problem as it is for night games. Everyone rushes to get out of town because they are looking at getting home so late. Be prepared to tailgate a good hour or two unless you like sitting in traffic.

Good luck and welcome to Clemson.

Oct 20, 2014, 5:01 PM

Welcome to Death Valley. We are happy to have you folks from Syracuse visit us. Leave your basketball coach at home. He is not invited!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2014, 5:07 PM

Welcome CuseJuice. Y'all should have a great time and as menti

Oct 20, 2014, 5:14 PM

You can ask Bobby Petrino, we don't have a very loud stadium. And it won't be very hot either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2014, 5:15 PM

Welcome CuseJuice. Y'all should have a great time. Night games are a rare treat for us. I do suggest you plan on tailgating late into the evening. If you attempt to leave after the game, the traffic you experience will not be enjoyable. It's much better in a tailgate chair enjoying a beverage than sitting in stop and go traffic for hours.

syracusefan.com spells bored wrong

Oct 20, 2014, 5:17 PM

Safe travels.

null

Hope you have a great trip to Clemson and experience what

Oct 20, 2014, 5:23 PM

we think is the greatest game day experience in college football.

Oct 20, 2014, 7:54 PM

Welcome to DV! We are looking forward to hosting you all! Bring a jacket, it may get a little breezy on Saturday night.

Enjoy the trip

Oct 20, 2014, 8:04 PM

We'll have a Cuse transplant with us and will call you over if you,walk by.

No one likes our offense

Oct 20, 2014, 9:24 PM

without Watson

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: No one likes our offense

Oct 21, 2014, 2:44 PM

Spread is still around 14/14.5

24-10 Tigers is what I'm thinking right now. That would be respectable in DV on a Saturday night.

Any chance I can get you to swing by Oswego

Oct 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

And give my Aunt a lift down?

Or at least go by Garafolo's and get Nickie to pack up 10 pounds of hot italian suasage and a box of Coney's ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any chance I can get you to swing by Oswego

Oct 21, 2014, 2:57 PM

hahaha. love Garafolo's. or I should say loved it. Haven't been in years.

Oct 21, 2014, 3:31 PM

"Good rational fans for the most part."

...except for the guy on there saying we're on a 3 year run and will come down soon to mediocrity, while totally ignoring our Freshman QB Watson that's been getting quite a lot of media hype on how good he looks much less was the top QBR QB in the nation while starting only 2 games prior to the recent injury....as well as Clemson currently having the #2 recruiting class for 2015 (have been #2 since pre-season). Doesn't exactly support his words...

Safe travels...hope you enjoy your time in the Valley. :)

Oct 21, 2014, 3:35 PM

Enjoy the experience.

We will keep the light on for you!

We may not be as loud as Cuse - we will do our best to be louder!

Safe travels.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome and enjoy your trip!

Oct 21, 2014, 3:45 PM

Just don't go all McNabb on us......

Sirriusly, don't miss Downtown or the Esso club...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Welcome and enjoy your trip!

Oct 21, 2014, 5:12 PM

looking forward to checking out both.

It is safe to say you guys are in for a treat bias or not.

Oct 21, 2014, 6:32 PM

1st night game at DV is an event you'll truly appreciate. I recall one night game (2006 CU vs GT) where my brother in the upper deck had to call me back because he could not read the text message I sent due to the noise vibration. Oddly enough, he couldn't hear me on the phone either. I expect the game will be competitive and hope you guys enjoy your visit. Here is a link of a few Cards reactions to their 1st DV visit:

I can't find it but there is a forum with many more complimentary impressions of their 1st visit. Maybe someone else has the link here?

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/10/13/6969233/observations-after-attending-the-clemson-game

Here's another one

Oct 22, 2014, 9:12 PM

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=13250106&p=1

TY kindly!***

Oct 22, 2014, 10:22 PM

Syracuse has a football team?

Oct 21, 2014, 6:38 PM

Didn't know that.

Re: Syracuse has a football team?

Oct 21, 2014, 6:42 PM

Yup same number of titles as you. Lol. Let me guess, under 35?

See Gator Bowl 1996.***

Oct 21, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Syracuse has a football team? ]

Enjoy your visit to the real Death Valley stadium.

Oct 21, 2014, 6:48 PM

Just remember...once you go to DV there is no going back. ;)

Have a safe and memorable trip!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 6:52 PM

Serious question. Do you guys rattle keys at away games too? If so then I'm afraid they will be drowned out very quickly at DV but I still know who to go around snatching keys from!
Just kidding. Enjoy your trip and safe travels!

Oct 21, 2014, 7:04 PM

Hahahaha. Worst student "tradition" ever. Us locals/alumni cringe at it. Now that I think of it I'm not sure they're doing it this year. So bad

Worst student traditon ever? Wait until you hear the

Oct 21, 2014, 8:03 PM

"WOO Hoo" during Tiger Rag. We oldtimers cringe when they do that but they just won't stop.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make Sure You Go To Esso Club and Tigertown Tavern***

Oct 21, 2014, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make Sure You Go To Esso Club and Tigertown Tavern***

Oct 22, 2014, 10:53 PM

and the barrel Morbid. oh, forgot it closed over 20 years ago.

Welcome! Anyone who can have a civil discussion

Oct 21, 2014, 7:50 PM

about CFB, regardless of who they cheer for, is good to hear from on Tnet. If you've heard about the atmosphere and tailgating being one of the best in the country, it's true. We all have the occasional drunk frat boy, but you will be welcomed at 90+% of tailgates with open arms......and beer probably. ;) Enjoy, and get in your seats early enough to see us come down the hill. It doesn't matter who you are, it's an experience unto itself. Hope you have lots of fun and safe travels.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come join us at the tailgate.

Oct 21, 2014, 7:54 PM

We'll hand you a beer, kick your @ss on the field, and hand you a beer after the game.

Re: Come join us at the tailgate.

Oct 22, 2014, 7:25 PM

I just ran into Shafer at Home Depot. He was buying a hammer and some nails. Dude is hardnosed!

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic