Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 INT By Watson Was Main Reason For Loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

3 INT By Watson Was Main Reason For Loss

Nov 12, 2016, 8:27 PM

As good as Watson is, the 3 INTs were a huge reason why the Tigers lost. It also did not help that Dabo tried to run twice for their last possession of the game. They had little success running, and should have ran two play action type plays; which the Tigers don't even have in their offensive arsenal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he did throw it 70 times...***

Nov 12, 2016, 8:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner!!!***

Nov 12, 2016, 8:33 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Main reason for loss was zero running game and D not

Nov 12, 2016, 8:31 PM

stopping Pitt. When you have to throw it 70 times, you will probably have some ints.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Main reason for loss was zero running game and D not

Nov 12, 2016, 8:38 PM

Sorry, but not many teams win games when they turn the ball over 3 times. Two of the INT were converted to 14 pts. for Pitt. Turnovers is probably the 2nd most important factor in game outcome, second only to points against.

14 pts....

Re: 3 INT By Watson Was Main Reason For Loss

Nov 12, 2016, 8:32 PM

Exaxtly what I've been saying, & getting bashed for...the ref's disnt help, but they always suck.

I wouldn't say main reason.

Nov 12, 2016, 8:33 PM

Watson set several records in this game. He wasn't far off on INTs. The differences? Defense, refs and some too cute offensive playcallings.

Nov 12, 2016, 8:34 PM

We scored enough to win...do not blame the offense...our defense looked like crap. They were a fricking joke all night, while all you Koolade guys ooh and ah over the defense, they gave up a ton of oints....we can all remember last year but this year we won't be in the final 4...if any of you guys see a scenerio, please let me know

Nov 12, 2016, 8:36 PM

Not all three. But, the last one sure cost us the game. A field goal there would have probably won that game. Don't understand the two running plays for the one yard. Hadn't made those all night. Run/pass option both plays. Period.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2016, 8:36 PM

And it wasn't the number of picks but where they occurred - 2 with goal to go - is what really hurt. Couple that with not being able to convert 3 and 1 and 4 and 1 multiple times with the jumbo package no less. You won't survive the refs with that performance which are hideous at every Clemson game this year.

Nov 12, 2016, 8:37 PM

His INTs seem to come in the red zone.I hope he isn't counting his money . He is a Tiger first.I notice he will not take off any more to scramble like he did last year.

Nov 12, 2016, 8:37 PM

FYI play action doesnt work when you cant run.

Timing was awful

Nov 12, 2016, 8:39 PM

That last one was terrible timing. A FG would have made it a two score game. A touchdown would have likely sealed it.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic