Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MLB Draft a Telling Sign?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,622

MLB Draft a Telling Sign?

Jun 5, 2019, 10:36 AM

One player drafted, one signee drafted so far. Good news or bad news? I think it is a telling sign where Clemson's baseball program is headed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What 'telling sign' are

Jun 5, 2019, 10:37 AM

You looking for...?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MLB Draft a Telling Sign?

Jun 5, 2019, 10:58 AM

I think it could be a positive for the program to have a majority of the recruits actually arrive on campus. Contrast that to pursuing more highly rated players who commit but are more inclined to take the MLB money. Then the staff is scrambling to round up fall back and JUCO players to fill the roster. The most important thing is to actually develop the guys as freshman so they are big contributors their 2nd and 3rd years. For me that’s the biggest question mark for Lee and his staff.

Jun 5, 2019, 12:24 PM

You need to read this thread. It’ll tell you all you’re asking about:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Clemson-Dodges-MLB-Draft-for-once-1906721

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 12:24 PM

Posted in baseball forum last night btw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 1:17 PM

No its not a telling sign. Clemson had 5 signees in baseball Americas top 200 draft prospects. So far only one that is for sure not coming is SS Nasim Nunez. Gavin Collyer was just taken in the 12th round but imo I think theres about a 70% chance he ends up at school. In the first 10 rounds teams have a certain amount of money they can spend on their top 10 round picks. When they want to pick somebody they call and ask them what it will take to sign them. Some players really want to go to college so they put out a high number and if a team don't hit that number they just tell everybody theyre going to school. Its more telling that we've only had 2 current players taken than it is about the signees taken. Baseball America ranked our recruiting class 7th but PerfectGame had it 19th.

Jun 5, 2019, 1:17 PM

I should say "not a telling sign in regards to HS signees."

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,622
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic