Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad.

May 9, 2017, 6:19 AM

Mickey's show is the only one I like and listen to. But lately his show has been overrun by commercials. This morning he started talking at about 6:05. At 6:10, before Zack even was introduced, he already gives an ad. His show has gotten hard to listen to because of some irrelevant sports talk and the ridiculous amount of ads. Am I just noticing the ads more or is this legit?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad.

May 9, 2017, 6:54 AM

I understand your issue. We actually had three ads schedule for the first segment but I moved one to later in the show. It is a business but I do understand. I get really frustrated when I listen to Rush Limbaugh or Hannity, so I get your issues. I get ticked at games and prime time TV too, but its their business too. One quick note, it is Mother Day Sunday and we get flooded this week with a couple of national ads as a result. Hope this helps. Thanks for listening. Join us for the Dabo personality segments this morning.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing about ads

May 9, 2017, 7:08 AM

they give you plenty of time to respond to Tnet posts. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

May 9, 2017, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

Have listened to your show for years and I agree about the ads.... they're getting out of hand with not just your show, but every show.

One more thing. Can y'all run off that arrogant, condescending, moron that is called Walt? The worst over the top self serving individual I've ever heard on radio. Signed- everyone

May 9, 2017, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

Strange...I was thinking the same thing driving into work...an unusual amount of ads. Some of the advertisers didn't get their money's worth 'cause after awhile I tuned to a music station and then back, but if you were still in the middle of a long plug I flipped stations again...and I'll bet I'm not the only one.
Having said all that, I'm still what I would consider a very loyal listener and I enjoy all the stations personalities. And for those who don't care for Walt...you gotta love Ramona!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for replying. Y'all are still awesome

May 9, 2017, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

I really do appreciate your reply and your honesty. I understand the business side of it and I will continue to listen. You and Zack are by far my favorite on WCCP.

Wish I could listen to it

May 9, 2017, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

So I could complain with everyone else.

The stream only works about half the time for me since moving to Oklahoma. I listened every day when I was still home in SC. Now I listen when tunein and Wccpfm.com decide to work right.

Re: Wish I could listen to it

May 9, 2017, 7:54 AM

Have you tried the app? It always works for me. I listen in Columbia on my way to work.

Re: Wish I could listen to it

May 9, 2017, 11:59 AM

The app is pretty rough. I don't listen over the radio, so I don't know if it's a radio or an app issue, but the mix between host and caller is AWFUL. The caller volume is too low. I either can't hear what the caller is saying or my ears are bleeding because I had to crank the volume and once the host speaks my eardrums explode. It's a constant battle of turning the volume up and down.

*Mother's***

May 9, 2017, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

** scheduled

May 9, 2017, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

hth

YOU WANNA GET PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH BOY?***

May 9, 2017, 9:05 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get frustrated when listening to Rush Limbaugh or Hannity

May 9, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

too. But because they are morons.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you also noticed that he kinda went out of his way

May 9, 2017, 12:12 PM

To mention that he listens to those two specifically?

May 9, 2017, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

I think the real issue here's is your pulse Mickey. A man with your status shouldn't dip below 98%. I'm concerned. But with all the pull and power crump has he could fudge it a little bit for you. Unless it was even lower and he did fudge it to 94%. Something to think about.

Mickey, I'd rather listen to ads than the moron Tony Morrell

May 9, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: MICKEY! Not even 5 minutes and already an ad. ]

Thanks for all you do!!

Bet you didn't expect that reply ...

May 9, 2017, 7:27 AM

I do love it though when Walt comes back on after a few ads and say "We're back" and proceeds to immediately read another one.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bet you didn't expect that reply ...

May 9, 2017, 7:50 AM

Yea I did. I've read his stuff for long enough and listen to his show for long enough to know that he is on TNet. Walt on the other hand......

May 9, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Bet you didn't expect that reply ... ]

wqlts issue isn't the ads but the tangent he goes on with the ads that last forever. The other day I was listening to his show and he comes back from break as gives an ad. Then goes off on comparing how not using the company in the ad is like letting your car run out of gas. Then talks the whole segment about running out of gas and how he knows exactly how far he can go on a tank of gas blah blah blah then it's time for another break. Comes back from break, another ad and the cycle starts over. He talked for 25 min without any sports being mentioned at all.

May 9, 2017, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Bet you didn't expect that reply ... ]

Who in their right mind listens to Walt ? How he stays on air is a joke

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No ads, no show.***

May 9, 2017, 7:44 AM

No ads, best show ever. Haha***

May 9, 2017, 7:53 AM

since we're fielding issues this morning.......

May 9, 2017, 8:20 AM

I have no problem with the amount of ads. Necessary evil.

The one thing I miss is the top of the hour sports update, which has disappeared over the last year or so. Why does someone turn on the radio or TV in the AM when they wake up? To get news. Why does someone turn on sports radio in the AM? To get the scores that happened overnight while you were sleeping.

So at 7am, I actually have to turn the channel to another station so I can hear whether the Mariners won, or the Royals, Dodgers, or whoever. All we ever hear is whether the Yankees won or not. IMO, that's a big disservice to your listeners.

I'll second this***

May 9, 2017, 8:23 AM

Well to be fair

May 9, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to since we're fielding issues this morning....... ]

The Yankees are on a hot streak right now, making it more special because everyone wrote them off at the start of the year. Swept the defending champs and won 10-4 after a few hours sleep is pretty impressive. But you have to understand........it's the Yankees. They are ALWAYS going to get a little bit more coverage compared to say, the brewers or something

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2017, 9:05 AM

I've been a talk show junkie since the early 90's being on the road for much of the time. The ad time for all shows has surpassed the talk time
I will tolerate it for something I want to hear but mostly I will read the news and sports and listen to downloaded music anymore.

If the radio talent is not 4 or 5 star the commercials aren't worth the hassle.
It's all about the money like all business but radio has crossed over the cost/benefit line for my interest.

Message was edited by: generallee®

It's one thing to read the ads

May 9, 2017, 12:19 PM

But Mickey and Qualk and Walt really go overboard with the ads. I understand trying to sell the product but do they really need personal stories everyday? Like do we really need to hear Walt talk about how his mother was a victim of medical malpractice everyday?

Re: It's one thing to read the ads

May 9, 2017, 1:27 PM

His birth I assume.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the worst show ever w/ ads was Will Merritts when he went

May 9, 2017, 1:09 PM

to the Greenville station. At that time I was driving from Columbia to Spartanburg every day, and I could pick up the station for 45 minutes, and you would be lucky to get 3-5 minutes of that with actual sports talk. They would take entire segments and do "live" commercials and then go back to commercial break. Pretty sure that show didn't last long.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic