Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4 star DB Deon Jones committing tomorrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

4 star DB Deon Jones committing tomorrow

Jul 5, 2016, 9:22 PM

How're we looking with him?https://twitter.com/dreamchasin_2/status/750089993662697472

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 star DB Deon Jones committing tomorrow

Jul 5, 2016, 9:27 PM

http://247sports.com/Player/Deon-Jones-36527

Crystal Ball looks like us. Paul @ Rivals may have better intel, but TI is a pay site.

But while we lead the prediction count, the trend is toward

Jul 5, 2016, 9:31 PM

Maryland. And Sean Fitz has a pretty good prediction record with NE recruits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: But while we lead the prediction count, the trend is toward

Jul 5, 2016, 9:40 PM

Exactly. 247 is certainly not all-knowing.

Look at who they are though.

Jul 5, 2016, 10:47 PM [ in reply to But while we lead the prediction count, the trend is toward ]

Two MD writers and Penn State.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really NE, but point still taken

Jul 5, 2016, 11:18 PM [ in reply to But while we lead the prediction count, the trend is toward ]

I think he's probably going to Maryland

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2016, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: 4 star DB Deon Jones committing tomorrow ]

Maryland feels pretty good about him. They're quietly putting together a solid class. Jones is definitely a talented player and a take in any of the prior few classes

Wow, MD fans are weird.

Jul 5, 2016, 11:24 PM

So I had never been to a MD board, but between you and a couple of other people saying MD is confident about him, I looked. You're right that they are confident, but reading their threads is like reading something in a different language. They don't seem to care about football at all, I was scanning one thread and got confused, turns out they switched the conversation to the US under 17 basketball team.

Re: Wow, MD fans are weird.

Jul 5, 2016, 11:36 PM

I don't know where you get some of your info but it's well known clemson has never backed off of terrell but instead increased their efforts. Jones is a good DB but very raw and got burnt a lot at this camps. The staff has kept contact like they should because it is recruiting but for the past few months the staff has all in on terrell who's a big, fast, and physical DB Reed and V love. Jamyest is the alpha dog and I'm sure Jones is better than Shaw (who reminds me of kareem orr from a few classes ago).

I get my info from some guy named Craig.

Jul 5, 2016, 11:46 PM

If I'm ever wrong, take it out on him.

Jul 6, 2016, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow, MD fans are weird. ]

Still pissed we didn't take Orr...it was pretty clear the kid was a player

Jul 6, 2016, 9:38 AM

I agree Orr was a baller. That's one reason why I like the idea of taking Shaw. Shaw looks similar on film and has the size. I like shaw better than Jones.

Jul 6, 2016, 10:50 AM

Yep - I don't know if Shaw will pan out exactly like Orr, but it's widely recognized by coaches that he can play very well at this level. Jamyest Williams is a can't miss prospect and while Terrell is a little raw, he shows the potential to develop nicely.

We really need to make sure Mark Fields is staying on track in his development.

Jul 5, 2016, 9:28 PM

Clemson backed off of him. They feel really good about Jamyest Williams. Don't be surprised if Clemson gets a commitment from AJ Terrell as well. But Deon Jones looks to be leaning towards Maryland. Could be wrong but we'll see. You never know

Jul 5, 2016, 9:28 PM

FWIW, another site says we have 'cooled' on him and he will committ to md.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2016, 10:44 PM

As of Dabo's camp, they were making a hard push. He's just a quiet kid compared to a lot of recruits, reminds me a lot of Dexter Lawrence in that regard. It's going to be a complete surprise tomorrow, this guy has given no indication either way. I'll echo what someone said about Williams, only a twist: Clemson feels really good about Jones and Williams, good enough to back off Shaw and Terrell. Either way, Clemson is at a point in recruiting where they can turn away top 300 players, that's insane.

Jul 5, 2016, 10:46 PM

Interesting. I've heard the coaches were impressed by Terrell and pushed for him and Williams. Backed off Jones a little and have never pursued Shaw that hard, but would take his commitment.

I'm really anxious for tomorrow.

Jul 5, 2016, 11:01 PM

I know I hide it well, but I'm extremely high on Jones, I think he's a bigger Alexander. It's nice that he's announcing tomorrow though. If he chooses MD, Clemson will go after Terrell and maybe add some more to the board.

Maryland bound***

Jul 5, 2016, 10:40 PM

MARYLAND! Who the heck wants to play at that place!

Jul 5, 2016, 10:46 PM

Have you ever been there? Plus, they are never talked about even if in the Big 10.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MARYLAND! they have lots of cute little costumes

Jul 6, 2016, 8:02 AM

and thats about it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MARYLAND! Who the heck wants to play at that place!

Jul 6, 2016, 9:25 AM [ in reply to MARYLAND! Who the heck wants to play at that place! ]

Hey, agreed. Not saying I think its a good choice, it's just the choice he is going to make. I think we have zeroed in on prospects we are more interested in at DB. I mean technically we only have 2 open DB slots right now (though I think we will probably sign more), and we are in great shape with AJ Terrell, Jamyest Williams, Devon Hunter, and Tre Shaw. You'd have to think we land at least two of those four, if not all of them. Just a numbers game for us right now.

SEN link fwiw

Jul 6, 2016, 9:04 AM

https://sentelevision.com/deon-jones-decision/

Re: SEN link fwiw

Jul 6, 2016, 7:25 PM

Bump just in case

Re: SEN link fwiw

Jul 6, 2016, 7:37 PM

He picked Maryland.