Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow

Aug 23, 2016, 9:07 AM

Interesting tidbit on an undersized Redshirt Freshman walk-on. Clearly Renfrow is a baller.

https://twitter.com/tigertravis1/status/767792715807481856

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow

Aug 23, 2016, 9:10 AM

Lol....yea I'm sure that story is true.

Mackensie shut down some of the best WRs in the country and welcomed the challenge.

Aug 23, 2016, 9:12 AM

Pretty sure that's entirely true. Mack never was able to handle Renfrow consistently in practice. It'd be pretty stupid to have him go against the one 2* white guy who CAN beat him consistently when he's working out for NFL scouts.

Aug 23, 2016, 9:28 AM

What does the color of his skin have to do with anything?

Laughs out loud...

Aug 23, 2016, 9:33 AM

http://www.cheatsheet.com/stocks/9-players-with-the-most-catches-in-nfl-history.html/?a=viewall

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

He's white which means he slow

Aug 23, 2016, 9:36 AM

I'm African-American, I have played with/against some bad asz white guys back in high school. Just because he's white doesn't make him slow lol.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:13 AM

We see race before player. It's crazy in America. The Skalski kid, everyone compares him to Bouleware because he's white. He looks faster than Ben on video. He looks like a taller Keith Adams. Pure tackling machine and he's very athletic.

So the man that locked down Will Fuller....

Aug 23, 2016, 3:22 PM

Was afraid of Hunter Renfrow? Yeah right.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

I was being sarcastic, don't actually think because he is white he is slow

Aug 23, 2016, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

I played against Joe Don Reames. That white boy was legit. And he could hoop too. Great athlete. So good he had three names.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it meant he wasn't a dual-threat?****

Aug 23, 2016, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

A lot and not much at all. The conundrum of Race In America.

Means he's Caucasian. HTH.***

Aug 23, 2016, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

Plenty. Regardless of whether or not it should matter

Aug 23, 2016, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

there's definitely still a stigma with white WRs just like with white RBs. If the scouts aren't familiar with Renfrow and they see Mack getting burned by a random white WR it's definitely going to turn more heads.

Aug 23, 2016, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

Honestly, nothing. However, there's a stereotype of slow white slot receivers and if lazy scouts don't look into Renfrow's background (likely sub 4.5 40 time) and watch his film against other top DBs, this stereotype is going to be at the top of those scouts' minds, consciously or subconsciously. And that's not something that plays well for Mack. Is it somewhat stupid and definitely lazy? Yes. However, it doesn't benefit Mack or our coaches if our coaches put him in a position where he's less likely to succeed.

Message was edited by: HendrixTiger®

Aug 23, 2016, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

I don't believe for one second that if Mack wanted to shutdown Renfrow like he did Will Fuller, Sterling Shepard, he couldn't....

Aug 23, 2016, 10:31 AM

"The thing that's shocked me is not what he's done in game, but what he does at practice," Pearman says. "There are times I walk away thinking, 'Wow, that was a really good route,' then I watch the film, and he's getting open against Mackenzie Alexander, our best corner.

http://www.campusrush.com/hunter-renfrow-clemson-tigers-walk-on-1379154341.html

"I love Hunter Renfrow" - Jody Nelson

Aug 23, 2016, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

Jordy had to battle the white guy receiver can't be that quick perception for several years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

Mack probably wanted to chase and work less than 100% @ 100% of the time in practices ...which is what you get out of Hunter Renfrow , if you've ever watched him practice you have seen the relentless effort .
No doubt that MA said that to coach Scott .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Neither did BAMA's 5 star DB in the championship game***

Aug 23, 2016, 9:15 AM

Mac was one of the hardest workers on our team.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

If anyone gave 100% during practice, it was him.

And if renfrow was that difficult to cover

Aug 23, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: M. Alexander wanted no part of Renfrow ]

Than wouldnt he want to do that to get better. Ma doesn't duck from competition. If this is true, my net is that he said it tongue in cheek as a compliment to how hunter renfrow would make you work every down and never take your eyes off him. It's said that we've turned this into something bad when it's likely either not true or like I said a tongue in cheek compliment. Black white or other a tiger is a tiger!

^^^I couldn't have said it better myself***

Aug 23, 2016, 10:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

concur.***

Aug 23, 2016, 10:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huge difference

Aug 23, 2016, 10:20 AM [ in reply to And if renfrow was that difficult to cover ]

huge difference between wanting to get better in the offseason or preseason than trying to ###### an audition for pro scouts. Mackensie was very, very concerned with his pro status all year so this doesn't surprise me one bit

You must not follow MA much

Aug 23, 2016, 10:31 AM

By all accounts MA worked harder than any player on the team. His work ethic is the stuff of legends.

Re: You must not follow MA much

Aug 23, 2016, 10:42 AM

What does work ethic have to do with pro scouts? Mack was also very intelligent and I could easily see him being smart enough to want the best match-up to show his strengths. Now I agree the comment seems out of MA character but it would also be a smart way of handling business if true.

null

followed Mackensie plenty

Aug 23, 2016, 2:23 PM [ in reply to You must not follow MA much ]

first thing anyone ever said about Mackensie was that he carried himself like a professional. part of that is certainly work ethic. a much bigger part of it is putting yourself in positions where you will succeed. if Mac didn't think that going up against Renfrow was best showcase of his skills (remember Mackensie was still nursing his hammy through pro-day/combine) then it was a great business decision to not let him gets reps against him

I mistook what you were saying. My bad.***

Aug 23, 2016, 5:16 PM

The tweet isn't about Mack covering him in practice.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:45 AM [ in reply to And if renfrow was that difficult to cover ]

It sounds like he didn't want to cover him when the scouts came for pro day or whatever.

Gotcha maybe my glass is half full but still

Aug 23, 2016, 12:07 PM

See it as a compliment to hunter.

This isn't a knock on Mac, but a compliment to Renfrow.

Aug 23, 2016, 10:04 AM

Covering Renfrow is a 50/50 proposition at best, more so than most WRs... His most obvious skill is in setting up the 'break'. Guess right and there are a number of DBs who can probably stay with him; guess wrong and there are few who can catch up. Aside from that, he does have very good hands to finish....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2016, 10:09 AM

I know one school he couldn't start for Summerville High. He would show out in practice but they wouldn't put him in the game because their team is already picked smh.

RENFROW!!!!***

Aug 23, 2016, 10:12 AM

Re: RENFROW!!!!***

Aug 23, 2016, 4:03 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Part of it is probably also due to the white WR stigma. No

Aug 23, 2016, 10:39 AM

matter how good Renfrow is, i just don't think it would be a good look to go out there and get burned by a white WR. I would be curious to know if the NFL scouts really know anything about Renfrow yet. I think his reputation is starting to get out there, but i don't think anyone outside of Clemson really knew about him before the playoff games against OU and Bama last year.

Re: Part of it is probably also due to the white WR stigma. No

Aug 23, 2016, 10:44 AM

Every NFL scout has his name on the board after the NC game.

null

Aug 23, 2016, 1:38 PM

Love Mack....love Hunter. Neither of these guys are scared of competition.

Aug 23, 2016, 3:08 PM

Not being mean here or anything like that, but this is because Mackensie wanted the scouts to see him against a WR that the scouts viewed as comparable to the league. Nothing against Renfrow, but this wasn't Mackensie trying to avoid him or anything like that.

Sounds cool, but this was just Mackensie being ahead of the game again and knowing what the scouts were looking for. He didn't want the scouts to knock him and say he was going up against inferior receivers at his work out

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic