Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wish "myplasticsurgeon" or any would post CU vs SU's SAT scores &
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 875

Wish "myplasticsurgeon" or any would post CU vs SU's SAT scores &

Oct 26, 2014, 11:55 AM

Admission % rate for 2013 (52-54% admitted to CU vs 49% to SU)...since their irrate fans (over the poor booing sportsmanship they heard over tube last night) have belittled Clemson's academics..with the truth being CU has equal or even some better stats in some areas of SAT testing, I believe.

Also, CU is 1 of America's Top 20 Public Universities in 2013 according to stats from leading academic mags (Forbes, etc).

What say you who know these stats?!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wish "myplasticsurgeon" or any would post CU vs SU's SAT scores &

Oct 26, 2014, 11:58 AM

Bill, when you get tired of hearing the gnashing of teeth, just post this:

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny stuff "I BE"...LOL & OK, I will.***

Oct 26, 2014, 12:01 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here it is -- already posted -- Re: CU vs SU's SAT scores

Oct 26, 2014, 12:15 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16084956#16084956

Facts: Syracuse had SIX "floppers." Clemson had ONE "flopper." Clemson's flopper was on offense AND he had the MOST difficulty getting off the field of all of them (Norton). I only remember one Syracuse flopper on offense. He took the most time getting off the field. Otherwise, they were trying to slow down the game. They always occurred right after Clemson got a first down or were in the red zone. That's nonsense. If a player goes out, he should be out for the ENTIRE series.

LSU tried this nonsense in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl, Georgia starting flopping in the second quarter last year, Ohio State was flopping in the Orange Bowl last year. It's garbage, especially when it starts so early in the game. Syracuse got the equivalent of SIX timeouts per half, which allows them to make defensive substitutions and get ready for the next play. It completely voids the advantages of the HUNH offense, better pre-game coaching and superior conditioning.

Regarding the intelligence of Clemson alumni, I would bet on that one in favor of Clemson vs. Syracuse. If the Syracuse fans can't figure out what's happening, that's their problem.

Clemson Admissions Data (2013):

Percent of Applicants Admitted: 58%
GPA, SAT and ACT score graph for Clemson
Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
SAT Critical Reading: 560 / 660
SAT Math: 590 / 680
SAT Writing: 490 / 610

Syracuse Admissions Data (2013):

Percent of Applicants Admitted: 49%
GPA, SAT and ACT graph for Syracuse
What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
SAT Critical Reading: 500 / 620
SAT Math: 540 / 650
SAT Writing: 520 / 630

Re: Here it is -- already posted -- Re: CU vs SU's SAT scores

Oct 26, 2014, 12:57 PM

With US News we are practically twins. SU at 58 and CU at 62. Cute.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Low endowment hurts in that ranking.

Oct 26, 2014, 1:13 PM

Just something we have to deal with. But our student body outranks theirs; in fact, if US News ranked only the quality of the student body we'd have been in the top 20 years ago.

What's a worse display of sportsmanship...

Oct 26, 2014, 12:31 PM

booing an obvious injured player (and if you were looking at the events as they took place it was obvious) or faking injuries?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What's a worse display of sportsmanship...

Oct 26, 2014, 2:09 PM

Who was obviously injured? Who didn't return? Is it "sportsmanship" when an "injured" player returns to play on the same series? He can't be injured very badly. Perhaps one, maybe two of the SIX Syracuse players were injured as evidenced by mild difficultly getting off the field. I believe all of them returned to play. Five of the SIX were on defense (if I recall correctly). It was almost always after a first down or in the red zone. That's an awfully strange coincidence. Syracuse was getting hammered by our defense more than our offense. Compare that to ONE Clemson player who had much difficulty getting off the field and did not return to the game. You can't cry wolf too often and expect to be saved...that's abusing the rules. The rules need to be changed.

Replies: 7
| visibility 875
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic