Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Loved our matched up with Bama last yr. This yr, not so much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,063

Loved our matched up with Bama last yr. This yr, not so much

Oct 16, 2016, 2:19 PM

I thought last years team matched up with Bama perfectly. We were strong in all areas that attacked their weaknesses. It played out that way in the game as well, but we lost because of all the busted coverage.

I don't feel the same this year. Now, all their strengths would attack all of our weaknesses. We are a high turnover team (almost dead least in all FBS). Bama causes turnovers and turns them into points better than any team in the nation. We definitely would not survive a high turnover game vs them. Also, they have a mobile QB who can make a lot of plays with his legs. Because our LBs aren't that athletic or fast, we would have a hard time containing Hurts in the QB run game.

I was hoping and praying to see Bama last year. This year, I want no part of them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's 7 or 8 games away if they play and one or

Oct 16, 2016, 2:24 PM

Both could not ever make the game. It's a long long season.

Re: Loved our matched up with Bama last yr. This yr, not so much

Oct 16, 2016, 2:34 PM

We got alot of improving to do if we gonna match up with bama. Thank goodness we dont play them anytime soon. Only team we got to prepare for right now is Fsu. Who is more then capable of beating us!

Oct 16, 2016, 2:51 PM

I was looking at defensive rankings earlier. I think Bama had the #1 defense against the run and somewhere around the #40 defense against the pass.

One other interesting fact. Their D has recovered 8 turnovers. The next highest was at 4.

I think Clemson is going to continue to improve. Fingers crossed!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2016, 2:58 PM

Their defense/special teams have scored 11 points this season. Bama has only allowed 11 touchdowns this season.

They have come out of the gates on fire and look improved from last season. I don't know if that level of play is sustainable from all three units, but I wouldn't bet against them running the table.

Oct 16, 2016, 5:00 PM

Bama has not played a team with a top 10 defense and top 10 offense. Thug Kelly lit them up with subpar talent Too bad Ole Miss doesn't have a defense.

Tennessee is a fake. They had expectations based on last season. They were luckier than us in beating App State and Georgia. If Va Tech doesn't have like 5 fumbles, they would have beat Tennessee about the same as Alabama did.

You have to pass to beat Alabama and you have to load the box and force them to pass.

We certainly have the talent to play them. The question is do we have the focus? Right now, I would say no but I suspect we would have played a much different game if we had a night game against Alabama yesterday.

We can fix the errors when the fumbles and the WR but I am a little concerned about the vanilla playcalling this year. Yes we are 21-1 with Elliot but look at the talent we have on offense. There is no way they should have lost a game yet if Watson just called the play with no game plan.

Bama is beatable. They have played no team with a pulse on both offense and defense.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,063
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic