Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson surpasses Clark's expectations on visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson surpasses Clark's expectations on visit

Feb 7, 2023, 1:23 PM

Clemson surpasses Clark's expectations on visit

Clemson made quite an impression on 4-star offensive tackle Austin Clark during his visit this past weekend. What does he say about seeing Death Valley for the first time? What stood out to him on his visit? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DANG!!!!!

Feb 7, 2014, 12:30 PM

That is all

What makes him impressive

Feb 8, 2014, 10:36 AM

All you have to do is , is watch his footage. The guy is impressive. A lot of OL are descent at what they do. And of course, in these video clips. You usually see recruits best. But even with many others BEST. You still see signs of players taking plays off, or not working quite as hard. But man, AUSTIN CLARK...what can you say- he looks like a stud. Not only does he win most battles, not only does he do his job (from what I can see)- but it looks like he wants to totally dominate and destroy his opponent. Pan cake blocks, he drives his opponent down field and engulfs who ever lines up in front of him. Very dominate OL.
Man, if theres anyone out there any better...please SHOW me.-Get Austin to CLEMSON.

Sorry 4 typos

He has the height, but

Feb 7, 2014, 12:34 PM

will have to drop some weight to play WR!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

lmao...sorry***

Feb 7, 2014, 12:38 PM

Re: He has the height, but

Feb 7, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to He has the height, but ]

I disagree! I am looking forward to seeing some 300lb tigers catching the bubble screens!! The DB's will be leaving the field like a covey of quails!! :)

really, really...***

Feb 8, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to He has the height, but ]

And just think...the kid's probably still growing

Feb 10, 2014, 7:41 AM [ in reply to He has the height, but ]

He'll most likely be 6-7 to 6-8 and 340-350 by the time its all said and done...jeez!

He and Hyatt are truly road graders.......

Feb 7, 2014, 12:53 PM

who love to pancake!

Love to have Both, but...

Feb 8, 2014, 10:43 AM

Clark's footage seems even more impressive.

to me.

Re: Love to have Both, but...

Feb 8, 2014, 12:12 PM

We have to have both, and that is what the coaches need to convince him of that by letting him believe he is the key to great things to happen for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love to have Both, but...

Feb 8, 2014, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Love to have Both, but... ]

We have to have both, and that is what the coaches need to convince him of that by letting him believe he is the key to great things to happen for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Feb 10, 2014, 9:11 AM

and hopefully, hopefully...the coaches finally realize we need an upgrade at OL.

and maybe even....

coaching ;)

In other news, Scout downgrades Clark to a 2-star prospect

Feb 7, 2014, 12:55 PM

in light of his very favorable comments about Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I wish all of these guys would quit committing to us

Feb 7, 2014, 1:11 PM

or speaking favorably of us. They are killing our recruiting ranking.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I wish all of these guys would quit committing to us

Feb 7, 2014, 2:58 PM

:)LMAO

How tall is Logan Thomas?

Feb 7, 2014, 1:32 PM

Just a thought.

Re: How tall is Logan Thomas?

Feb 7, 2014, 1:54 PM

It's obvious, at least to the VT coaching staff, that Logan was to tall for a tight end and too short for a QB...or was it the other way around?...you'll need to ask Bud Foster as every TV announcer thinks he is a "genius" at VT.

What does Bud Foster have to do with the offense?***

Feb 10, 2014, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

6' 6"***

Feb 8, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to How tall is Logan Thomas? ]

Dang if that's not a Clemson paw on his helmet!

Feb 7, 2014, 1:53 PM

https://twitter.com/rchsathletics

Re: Dang if that's not a Clemson paw on his helmet!

Feb 7, 2014, 1:57 PM

You don't think the NCAA will view that as some kind of violation do you?

Not an NCAA issue - copyright

Feb 7, 2014, 2:02 PM

Most colleges will let high schools use their copyrights or something similar but won't allow other colleges.

I believe UGA actually has a deal with the Packers for the G.

not copyright

Feb 7, 2014, 3:46 PM

trademark

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not identical...the hook in the paw isn't there so I

Feb 7, 2014, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Dang if that's not a Clemson paw on his helmet! ]

don't think they'd consider it copying...I've seen those paws on other high school helmets...

But it's close enough. Hope he

Feb 8, 2014, 12:09 AM

trades the blue one for an orange one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson surpasses Clark's expectations on visit

Feb 7, 2014, 10:33 PM

I'll be honest, to have both Clark and Mitch possibly coming in 2015, we would have one of the nastiest O lines in the country only compared to by a short line of just a few teams. With our offense and all the high octane skill guys on the offensive side of the ball. Our offense would be close to if not unstoppable. Then we add our defense to that equation. I can honestly without the dreaming factor, seeing Clemson in the National Championship game in 2016 with the odds in our favor of winning it all. Ok coaches, we do very well of recruiting every spot on the defense and the offense except for the most important players on the O line. We have had Mitch Hyatt practically gave to us by a 1981 Clemson national championship player in Dan Banish who is living his true love for Clemson through his nephew Mitch Hyatt. Now you guys go out there and work your A$SES off and bring Clark into Clemson and lets build an O line name at Clemson the same way as you have built the name of WR U. And Chad Morris can go out and almost pick team he would like to be the HC off after winning a NC at little O Clemson. Go and get this other OT guys, he is almost ours as it is, now do what ever to keep others from TAKING him from you. That is your challenge.

Feb 8, 2014, 12:14 AM

With some college strength and conditioning training, plus a little more first step and lateral movement workout, Clark will be right with Mitch steamrolling defenders all over the football field. Include Crowder at guard with his strength, power, and low center of gravity. This type of OL could carve a new and bright outlook or lookout for new wave dynamic O-line.

Feb 8, 2014, 12:09 PM

I couldn't agree more. And this is I believe a chance for Dabo to work His A$S of to get Clemson to moving in that direction. We have been pitiful in building an elite O Line at Clemson for years, and the move is set to happen now with Mitch Hyatt coming aboard. An elite O line has been our down fall to the being a championship contender for a many of YEARS. Hyatt I believe has cracked open that door with his solid orange commitment that could help allure other above average O Line commits to Clemson. My belief is that other elite players love playing aside other elite players that can and will help their process of being some of the best.In other words, Hyatt is that break we have needed to get it all started. Hyatt is not only a great OT, he is a great tool to use while recruiting other O line players that can actually see the building of a a great O Line that they just might want to be a part of. We were lucky that the best OT in the country was raised to be a Tiger. And great players do attract other great players. They know and understand that a team has to have great players on a team that allows them to show off how great they are. Just like Bama, the more on a team, the better their chances are to get seen. Gooooo Dabo and coaching staff. The door to try and build a great O line has finally cracked open enough to allow others to walk through. Go find them and show them that Clemson is serious about being the best team in the country. And that we NEED them to help accomplish that task.

its good to know

Feb 8, 2014, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson surpasses Clark's expectations on visit ]

that maybe, finally...
our coaches are realizing, we have to start recruiting better and more OL. This is what has been holding Clemson back all these years, IMO.

Ford use to say, get your OL up to par (and DL) and everything else will fall into place.....I agree.

His next few visits will be key...

Feb 10, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson surpasses Clark's expectations on visit ]

I think we beat out VT with our facilities, even though it is close to home. Tennessee is closer in facilities but our stuff is newer. Plus, they stink. I think Ohio St is to far away and we just beat them in the Orange Bowl. Our chances are pretty good. I really don't see Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, or Virginia as a serious threat.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic