Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unsuccessful drive with Cole at QB.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,482

Unsuccessful drive with Cole at QB.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:07 PM

I copied this from another board and can not vouch for its validity but if true , it is rather alarming:

"If you take away the SC State game, we have now gone 27 consecutive drives without a TD when Cole Stout is in the game at QB. That is a stretch of possessions that goes all the way back to the first half against Georgia when CJ Davidson scored on a run to put us up 21-14 and includes multiple possessions each game against Georgia, FSU, UNC, NCSU and Louisville.

Edited note - since I originally posted this some have questioned whether this includes kneel downs, etc at end of games. The answer is no. I did not include the 1 play drive to end the Louisville game and did not include the final drive against UNC. All 27 drives were legit situations where we ran our full offense in game situations. The full stat line on Cole, not counting end of game possessions, is 32 drives at QB and he has led us on 2 TD drives. Both TDs were in first half against Georgia. We have scored 1 TD in his last 31 full drives. Here's to hoping we end this streak of no TDs against BC on the first drive."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Sorry, I did not realize that this had already been

Oct 13, 2014, 11:09 PM

posted

I bet you ran a 5 flat forty.................***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:12 PM

Re: Nae, I was the fasted guy in my school and the 42 year

Oct 13, 2014, 11:30 PM

coach dusted me.

Yep, I was about that fast myself..................***

Oct 14, 2014, 9:43 PM

Hard to argue those facts***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:15 PM

Re: Unsuccessful drive with Cole at QB.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:24 PM

He will get all the reps in practice and he will not be looking over his shoulder nor will his teammates. He didn't play bad against UGA, I think he plays better from here on out.

Oct 14, 2014, 9:21 AM

I agree with your point. I think his outlook going forward is different based on a lack of competition for the spot. It's his until DW is healthy again and he knows it. I think that makes a big difference in his demeanor on the field. Confidence! (I hope any way.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes!!***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:27 PM

Oct 13, 2014, 11:31 PM

Well, I'm with you on your hope that the streak is ended with the first drive against BC, and I hope the new streak is of TD's scored consecutively. I hope that run continues until Watson is back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2014, 11:35 PM

some of this has to be a confidence thing as he wasn't THAT bad last season as TB's backup

unfortunately those games were against 2nd string defenses , so maybe the stats are what they are

how did the chad not beat him out in spring ball ?

wow

After he lost the job, a lot of those were garbage drives

Oct 14, 2014, 12:50 AM

Chad had him handing off to RBs up the gut, or having to screen pass on third down in an obvious passing situation.

Not exactly setting him up to succeed for all of those 27 drives.

But keep on with the stats that don't tell the full story. Clearly the season is over because our QB is oh so bad. You should hang it up for the year, go spend time away from here.

Re: After he lost the job, a lot of those were garbage drives

Oct 14, 2014, 1:23 AM

A lot? Maybe 2 between the NCST and UNC game didn't matter and were garbage time.

Love is Blind as the old saying goes***

Oct 14, 2014, 5:53 AM

Re: Love is Blind as the old saying goes***

Oct 14, 2014, 8:26 AM

Against SC state Cole led 8 drives. 3 TDs, 3 FGs. Only drives that didn't score were when time ran out in first half and one drive we went for it on 4th and 20. The three drive that ended in FGs we had 3rd and goal inside our 10 and simply handed off up the middle to get our kicker some FGs. I understand that idea BUT......it does taint Cole's stats a bit.

I also look at play calling when he's been in. It's been noticeably bad. I think we'll see the Cole we expected to see now that he's getting all the reps in practice and will not be looking at Chad waiting for a the hook. Confidence is an amazing thing.

For goodness sake, Cole is not as talented as Watson.

Oct 14, 2014, 8:41 AM

Cole and everybody else knows that. But Cole is ours, he's the best we've got and he is a #### of a stand-up guy. He is a good, solid quarterback who will play his heart out. Leave it alone.

So where are you going with this? Are you suggesting we

Oct 14, 2014, 8:57 AM

start Schuessler? Because Watson isn't an option.

Or are you suggesting we don't watch the BC gane because we don't stand a chance?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

all wildcat!***

Oct 14, 2014, 9:17 AM

Holy Crap!!! *Jaw hits the floor****

Oct 14, 2014, 9:20 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2014, 9:52 PM

You've identified a problem so what's your solution?

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,482
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic