Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Read through all these postings.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Read through all these postings.....

Jan 29, 2017, 4:01 PM

then read my original post below....which was really nothing more than "hey folks we really should find some common ground".....One of the Russian leaders back in the 60s said something like "Russia would defeat the US without firing a shot". Well the enemy may not be Russia but the meaning of the statement has never been more real. Take a breath - we're all Americans. And this has to stop..

==============================================================================================
Love him or hate him........
....you have to agree he has caused this country to split in half. Reading all the posts in the other thread just makes me sad. The anger, hostility, name-calling, etc. from a group that only three short weeks ago was flying higher than ever before. This has to stop. What happened to a little respect and recognition that no two people are alike and everyone's opinion is valid? We are not a 3rd world country where infighting is the norm. But we're sure heading that way....

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mentally, liberals are teenagers.***

Jan 29, 2017, 4:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: mentally, liberals are teenagers.***

Jan 29, 2017, 4:14 PM

That is the kind of comment that adds no value to any discussion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Nice Example ^^^

Jan 29, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to mentally, liberals are teenagers.*** ]

Thanks for providing a good example of what CaliforniaTiger was referencing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mentally, liberals are teenagers.***

Jan 29, 2017, 4:44 PM [ in reply to mentally, liberals are teenagers.*** ]

You just made his point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liberalism is a mental illness.******

Jan 29, 2017, 8:33 PM [ in reply to mentally, liberals are teenagers.*** ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Alternative fact ^^^^

Jan 29, 2017, 11:23 PM

please, do tell more...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love him or hate him......

I agree, 0bama was very divisive and set back race relations for generations.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:14 PM

So, this country was set back 8 years ago!! typical to blame Obama for someone's else doing(the bush war that set this country back in general, neglect on minorities) yea..blame Obama lol. The world welcomed Obama, now, the world hates trump...who jacked up race relations again?

Jan 29, 2017, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Love him or hate him...... ]

The only thing "divisive" about Obama is he's black and Republicans couldn't handle that.

Jan 29, 2017, 9:25 PM

Ben Carson....

It was predictable that the hornet's nest of white racism

Jan 29, 2017, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Love him or hate him...... ]

would be kicked by the fact of our first black president. Trump smacked it again. Hard.

That's really not a good example for your argument.

Re: It was predictable that the hornet's nest of white racism

Jan 29, 2017, 9:26 PM

What has Trump done to black people?

Dear lord, talk about demagoguery...

Why do people say this?

Jan 29, 2017, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Love him or hate him...... ]

I saw a lot of unity last week at the marches. You think Trump is not divisive??

You have to be kidding. Barack will forever be known as "The

Great Divider". Everything he did was based on dividing us into smaller and smaller groups.

By racists or partisan hacks, yes.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:12 PM

The rest of us didn't have an issue. The race issues that were already there and came to the surface when a black guy got the job. Partisan hacks and racists took issue.

Yes, those who opposed Obama were a basket full, right?

Jan 29, 2017, 5:41 PM

Are you accusing those black who vote republican for Trump are racist?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a stretch. WHat are you rambling about?

Jan 29, 2017, 5:58 PM

I said those that usually call him the great divider are usually racists or partisan hacks. I am not sure what you are rambling about.

You are wrong partner. I am not a racist. And, stating the

Jan 29, 2017, 7:14 PM

facts does not make me one.

Ha. I thought he was referring to Obama in the post.***

Jan 29, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to You have to be kidding. Barack will forever be known as "The ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Who did he divide?

Jan 29, 2017, 6:00 PM [ in reply to You have to be kidding. Barack will forever be known as "The ]

This sounds like something repeated on conservative email chains.

The police and black people? You going to blame that on the President?

Libs worship at the alter of identity politics now.

Jan 30, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to You have to be kidding. Barack will forever be known as "The ]

Ironically, the Russian plan for winning without firing a shot was to infiltrate our education system and promote Marxist ideology. It worked, it just took longer than they planned and they crumbled in the meantime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obr1XqUPEII

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok take him out of the mix...

Jan 29, 2017, 4:08 PM

Ok take Trump out....and don't insert any names...the state of the country is the same...for whatever reason...and it has to stop or this country will implode. It is scary when our worst enemy is us.

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

Re: Ok take him out of the mix...

Jan 29, 2017, 4:45 PM

> Ok take Trump out....and don't insert any names...the
> state of the country is the same...for whatever
> reason...and it has to stop or this country will
> implode. It is scary when our worst enemy is us.

Very well said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok take him out of the mix...

Jan 29, 2017, 5:04 PM

I agree. In this day where everyone feels they have a voice, we aren't going to be moving forward as a people. Too many opinions and most are too emotional.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your hyperbole is deafening.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Ok take him out of the mix... ]

Saying something does not make it true. I do agree with you though that you could insert any republican name and the villification would be exactly the same.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jan 29, 2017, 4:09 PM

This country has been systematically craved apart since the last two administrations. Now..... well now it's just all blowing up big time. Noone is listening to each other. Lots of yelling......in Capitol Hill as well as our communities. Truly sad.

Wring , the country was already split and Liberals

Jan 29, 2017, 4:13 PM

have played upon that fact for years. It's over now.

http://frederickdouglassrepublican.com/did-you-know/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7hPwp9wBhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgrJ4C2mJ4w

Re: Wring , the country was already split and Liberals

Jan 29, 2017, 4:16 PM

It would be easy to insert "conservatives" for liberals in your statement. Either way - doesn't add any value to the conversation and only incites people. Why say it?

this didn't happen 8 years ago because conservatives are not

Jan 29, 2017, 4:26 PM

the same as liberals. (Although for the most part "GOP" and "DNC" are interchangeable.)

Conservatives didn't wig out and start burning stuff down. Conservatives accepted that an incompetent TelePrompTer reader with no achievements whatsoever was placed in the White House because the liberal media wanted it, pushed it, and did no vetting because he would be for what they are for.

For 8 years the "press" (and Hollywood) was the equivalent of "Teen Beat" magazine, gushing over how cool the preezy was and asking tough questions like "how difficult is it to be so awesome all the time?"

Now they didn't get their way and are throwing temper tantrums non-stop. That's not mature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: this didn't happen 8 years ago because conservatives are not

Jan 29, 2017, 4:43 PM

I was simply trying to say that everyone needs to get a grip. It is bad when our worst enemy is us. Obviously you cannot see that.

^^^^agree here^^^^

Jan 29, 2017, 4:46 PM [ in reply to this didn't happen 8 years ago because conservatives are not ]

Many were unhappy with the administration and policies over the past eight years. Instead of demonstrating in the cities and towns across America, most of this group chose to continue to go about their daily lives the best they knew how and make their voices heard in future elections.

The mid term losses in the house and senate pointed to a change that was coming. It culminated in the presidential election this year.

While it seems uncomfortable and unnatural, we will survive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wring , the country was already split and Liberals

Jan 29, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Wring , the country was already split and Liberals ]

Can you not see that the Republican party of today is not the same as the party of Lincoln and todays Democratic party is not the same party of those earlier days?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2017, 4:22 PM

Tiger swimmer, there are a lot of thoughtful, moderate liberals and conservatives, but Trump is the most infantile man to ever be president. I didn't vote for either candidate for president as they are both so flawed and all I can say is God help us, please!

Trump didn't divide this country, Liberal media did

Jan 29, 2017, 4:25 PM

and it started 50-60 years ago.

I'm way too old for this stuff and haven't even voted

during the last 5 Presidential cycles,

but I've been listening to the same old mantra

from the liberal media since the 60's.

Nothing has changed. Nothing;

even as we've had one two-term African-American President

and it's clear this Nation is ready for a female President as well.

But Predisposition and Bigotry run this country on both sides.

Until the liars and self-absorbed are outted from DC

and the political process entirely,

this country stands no chance.

We;re headed right down the same path that Rome went

because our electorate doesn't have the guts to say and support

ONLY the truth.

Media has big time over the last 20 years.

Jan 29, 2017, 4:29 PM

Right wing radio is the worst. Liberal MSNBC and conservative FOX have done the same. They are all just businesses shooting for ratings as well as supporting their parties in the process, but they have divided the country..

You can add in gerrymandering Congressional voting

Jan 29, 2017, 4:45 PM

districts where party candidates have to out right or out left opponents too often in primaries now instead of simply leaning one way or the other - filling Congress with too many ideological opposites and complete partisan BS on a continual basis.

Majority rules - minority rights. It's a sacred tenet of this country that I hope we can continue to stay true to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. *****

Jan 29, 2017, 4:46 PM

in general I agree, but I point out Liberal media

Jan 29, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Media has big time over the last 20 years. ]

because the broadcasters of the 60's and 70's were so fervently Liberal

and they have utilized their position over time to populate prejudices into America

that otherwise wouldn't be there.

Conservative media does little different - you are right - they're mainly a reactionary force though.

Case in point - the issue of "slavery".

Slavery is still seen in this country as a meaningful point of prejudice ONLY because Liberal media continues to promote the idea.

But the truth is that organized oppression based on race really went the way of the dinosaur in the 70's

and racism has become ever individualistic and weaker ever since (thankfully).

Yet we still talk about "slavery" and "Southern prejudice" as if they are organized or even notable.

The question that liberal media needs to answer is this: What does slavery have to do

with African-American lack of education, opportunity, access, freedom, and/or respect

in the poor inner-city areas of New York, Detroit, Cincinnati, Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Baltimore, et al, or even Washington D. C. ?

If lack of opportunity exists in those cities - and it does - how could Southern slavery/bigotry have created it?

Until the Media and Liberals give up the word "slavery" altogether,

real solutions for racial inequality will not be found - nor probably even attempted....

only rhetoric will live.

Add political correctness to this. We got tired of it shoved

Jan 29, 2017, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Trump didn't divide this country, Liberal media did ]

down our throats and if we don't smile while we take it we are called racist or islamaphobe etc... etc...
The media, celebs and the left have done that. Dont sit and wonder why people are mad, we'll tell you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Tons of us liberals are sick of it too.

Jan 29, 2017, 5:52 PM

Bill Maher's rant on Friday was great. He is a lib and he want on fellow Libs. He told the liberal nation that their over the top nutty PC BS is what "got a maniac elected". I agree with you though.

Identity politics absolutely played a large part

Jan 30, 2017, 10:10 AM

in getting Trump elected. The PC pushers turned many liberals off from the Democratic Party and that showed in the turnout in November. Some of us even flipped completely, thankfully Trump was the nominee and not another establishment Republican, else we would have had nowhere to go.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2017, 4:30 PM

> ....you have to agree he has caused this country to
> split in half. Reading all the posts in the other
> thread just makes me sad. The anger, hostility,
> name-calling, etc. from a group that only three short
> weeks ago was flying higher than ever before. This
> has to stop. What happened to a little respect and
> recognition that no two people are alike and
> everyone's opinion is valid? We are not a 3rd world
> country where infighting is the norm. But we're sure
> heading that way....

Post this crap elsewhere!!!

Jan 29, 2017, 4:36 PM

In a word....No

Jan 29, 2017, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Love him or hate him...... ]

Is there anything more annoying than that guy who always says"wrong board". No @$%#, I'm guessing they know where they posted something. Did you use to voluntarily take names when the teacher left the room also

clemson sports forum....

Jan 29, 2017, 4:34 PM

who's our next football commit???

If only there were a board for political comments***

Jan 29, 2017, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2017, 4:43 PM

National Champs! Woooooo!

Uhhh...Obama is gone***

Jan 29, 2017, 4:46 PM

To blame this on the media is simply.....

Jan 29, 2017, 4:56 PM

.........not accepting responsibility. The constitution guarantees a free press, not an unbiased press..Media has been biased since the beginning of time and in fact whole industries have grown up around a biased media (ex. look at the publications when you're checking out at the grocery store). Thinking people simply choose their preferences to deliver their information..or not. But to blame the media is like blaming rain on a day when forecast to be sunny.

TV. It's not referred to as the 'boob tube' for nothing.***

Jan 29, 2017, 5:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only blame the ones who actively try to manipulate

Jan 29, 2017, 5:07 PM [ in reply to To blame this on the media is simply..... ]

the message;

and quite frankly in our culture

if you tell a lie that people believe,

it's as good as the truth...

or so says the majority of politicians, lawyers, businessmen, and media.

Barry Soetoro split this nation apart along time ago.

Jan 29, 2017, 5:26 PM

It's just that one side was too ignorant to even notice.

And now this boor is making those people as mad as the previous splitter did everyone else, only they're reacting in a different way...because they're different.

Yes it's sad that an Iranian can't come back to her second country and teach, and must remain with her family. But the hypocrisy of the other side is pitiful: they never once complained about this woman not ever getting to see her family again...because she's dead,

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/03/us/san-francisco-killing-suspect-immigrant-deported/

and because the traitor-in-chief was not only protecting the borders, but was bringing in terrorists from all over the world.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2016/apr/04/ron-desantis/terrorists-groups-besides-isis-crossing-us-mexico-/

The pendulum always swings to the other side, and this time it's swinging hard and fast just like it did 8 years ago. Too bad the left is so ignorant they don't even know that they have only themselves to blame. Barry Soetoro is most responsible for getting The Donald elected. Now Barry and the left (and the rest of us) are getting to lay in the bed they made. (Though his bed is going to be a lot more comfortable than his congregations' is.) Karma's a #####.

Hunker down, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

This didn't last long in the mange, I bet.***

Jan 29, 2017, 5:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never TDed a tiger. I save my few TDs for coot trolls..

Jan 29, 2017, 9:44 PM

coot posers and other fans who pose and troll. I don't even TD liberals who insult me, troll here abouts or post outrageous spin articles from obvious troll click bait websites.

I also don't TD anyone who doesn't have a 100% pulse. I have accidentialy hit the td button when intending to hit the tu feature. I've RAed a few trying to find the reply button too.

I say what I want to say about whatever I agree or disagree with and forget this entire mess when I leave the P&R board.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic