Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville just found out what I was hoping they wouldn't.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Louisville just found out what I was hoping they wouldn't.

Oct 31, 2016, 4:08 PM

Apparently Louisville fans have caught wind that Drad is on the playoff selection committee. This is bad, and exactly why I've always said the playoff committee member list should not be made public. There is enough pressure on the committee members without them having to worry about the fan bases finding out who they are, and trying to prevent them from doing their job. It's somewhat understandable that other teams would be concerned about us having our AD on the committee, but I would think they would want the Clemson AD present and available for questions. Who would have a better understanding of Clemson football than Drad? I'm sure the other committee members would appreciate having that kind of insider knowledge to help them make the best possible selections. If I know Drad, he would be the first to point out our strengths AND our weaknesses.

http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/forums/2759-the-cardmarch/15100869-clemson-s-athletic-director-is-on-the-playoff-committee

First the sideline marker guy, then the officials, now this... Louisville is just trying to stir up more trouble, IMHO.

#gotigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Louisville just found out what I was hoping they wouldn't.

Oct 31, 2016, 4:10 PM

He can't even be in the room when Clemson is even mentioned so its really not that big of a deal. But Louisville fans may as well be the worst fans in CFB so of course they are going to make a big deal about it. No one said a lick last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it actually hurts us for just that reason.***

Oct 31, 2016, 6:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I believe that he is require to recuse himself...

Oct 31, 2016, 4:12 PM

...as stated somewhere in the agreement. I don't know if this applies to every time we are considered for a playoff spot or only for the final vote in the last week.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 4:15 PM

I guess there are no other ADs on the committee, right?? No story here.

they have daily issues...what's new***

Oct 31, 2016, 4:15 PM

Is that all? I thought they had found out about the Mad

Oct 31, 2016, 4:16 PM

Hatter CFP argument made in another thread.

Re: Is that all? I thought they had found out about the Mad

Oct 31, 2016, 4:18 PM

Just found out??!!?

Isn't this his second year on the committee?

Somebody please send them some cheese to go with their wine!!

Oct 31, 2016, 4:17 PM

Would figure current rules are similar to last year.

He was on the committee then, as well, when we started # 1 in first week of voting and stayed that way until we lost to Bama.

Don't see a issue IMO.

i'm not following you. who is this drad

you speak of?? i wish cards fans would calm the f down. lexington is lovely in the fall

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I love how much pull they think we have hahaha.

You'd think we are the Duke basketball team....

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Once a long, long time ago said I loved the trade of

Oct 31, 2016, 4:19 PM

Mary'sland for Lloserville. Can I change my mind? These guys are the biggest freaking babies I have ever heard of. I can't wait to see them playing Duke and UNC when its full tilt ACC time over the next 6 or 8 years. They may die of dehydration from all the tears. Bless their little hearts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cardinal Fans and Quick Study....synonymous.***

Oct 31, 2016, 4:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If and when Clemson's name comes up for discussion before

Oct 31, 2016, 4:23 PM

the selection committee, He can't be in the room.....I suppose one could insist there's influence exerted regardless, but someone with experience has got to be on that committee and everyone else on it has collegiate ties as well

If the Louiseville fans have a better idea, they should submit it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louiseville... I'm loving that!***

Oct 31, 2016, 4:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since this has been public knowledge for a long time (I think this came up LAST YEAR when he had to leave the room as CLEMSON was selected as #1 at some point), I would think that UL fans would have to be absolutely ignorant not to know this already. Oh wait...

I say we go curve-stomp this loserville fan.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

About time they figured that out

Oct 31, 2016, 4:31 PM

Those Louisville folks are sloooow.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20327688

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He literally cannot be in the room discussing Clemson

Oct 31, 2016, 4:35 PM

Can ge effect other teams? Sure. But he'd have to make vaild points to sway other members or you are suggeating that the whole committee is corrupt to favor Drad and Clemson. Which is more likely?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They're going to be really upset when they find out that

Oct 31, 2016, 4:48 PM

Bruce Willis was a ghost the entire time in the Sixth Sense

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^***

Oct 31, 2016, 4:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Has anyone told them that Kristin shot J.R. yet?***

Oct 31, 2016, 5:23 PM [ in reply to They're going to be really upset when they find out that ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 31, 2016, 5:02 PM

Who cares what the Louisville board trolls think? If you want to have fun then be my guest to go over there pretending to be a D-Rad insider and post the following:

"Just wanted to let you guys know that my cousin's uncle's brother-in-law is a personal friend of D-Rad and D-Rad told him that if Louisville comes up for discussion as a potential playoff team that he will use his one silver bullet veto to deny their selection (all CFP committee members get a "silver bullet" veto). To make matters worse, Bobby Johnson, a Clemson alum and former football player is also on the committee and my sister's father-in-law was told by Bobby that he plans to ensure Louisville is ranked outside of the top 10."

Let them wallow in that for a while... OR you could just ignore those idiots by not going to their site anymore and let them wallow in their own crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 5:03 PM

So they were ok with joining the Swoffie-run ACC....but this committee thing is no bueno...

Yeah that makes sense.

Cue the Lewisville bored

Oct 31, 2016, 5:45 PM

@#@#@

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Oct 31, 2016, 7:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 7:11 PM

LOL, he was on there last year too. Man, these guys are dense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2016, 7:15 PM

You make a good point. I believe this is what some call "out of the box" thinking. This is the type of thinking that will protect us. Skrong is skrong...

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

W t f bidnes is it of UL whose on the committee.

Oct 31, 2016, 7:18 PM

They ain't goin no matter anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic