Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lost a lot of respect for Taggert
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 4,018

Lost a lot of respect for Taggert

Oct 29, 2018, 10:49 AM

I have barely followed Taggert on his path to FSU and thought he was a good fit for that job. He may end up turning them around, but respect for him during and after Saturday's loss. He seemed dazed on the sideline whenever they showed him on TV. His players seemed out of control and typical what you would see in a South Carolina game. He clearly didn't have his team prepared and didn't seem to have a plan B or C or D once plan A didn't go their way. And I think plan A was just talking smack and trying to sound tough and confident.

Leaving Francois in the game to take a beating when they game was clearly over was also embarrassing. You don't leave your starting QB in there to take more punishment like that. It was the first time I have felt sorry for an FSU player. He goes for 3 late in the game to avoid a shutout. That's just weak IMO.

After the game he blames the players for quitting and didn't really seem to take any responsibility for his and his coaches actions. He just blamed the players. And to top it all off, at least in the comments I read, he didn't once give credit to the Clemson coaches and players for completing dominating them. Even Doeren was classy enough to tip his hat to the much better team last week.

FSU may not win another game this year.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lost a lot of respect for Taggert

Oct 29, 2018, 11:00 AM

I lost respect for him when he went to work for FSU. I also felt no sympathy for Francois or any of the other players or fans of FSU. I would’ve loved to have seen us hang 100 on them.

As a precursor to Saturday, I will have no sympathy for Petrino, the players (barring injury) or the fans of Lewisville, as Dabo and Co pummel them into the ground.

Just one man’s opinion though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely agree about this coming weekend and Petrino

Oct 29, 2018, 11:06 AM

No amount of beating will be good enough on that guy and his team. He can never be forgiven for walking way from the Falcons the way he did. Plus he's just scum.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Lost a lot of respect for Taggert ]

Not really one man's opinion, because I totally concur.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Lost a lot of respect for Taggert ]

My friend in Eugene can't stand him. He shook my buddy's hand and said he was All Duck Nation right around the time he bolted for FSU. Right around (7 - 10 days) the time rumblings were surfacing about Taggart leaving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in fairness, there's a certain amount of money

Oct 29, 2018, 12:02 PM

that would cause pretty much all of us to no longer be all duck.

Slick Willy

Oct 29, 2018, 11:04 AM

Nothing he does or doesn’t do surprises me. Slick Willy is a recruiter. Take that for what’s its worth. FSU football will always have a culture UNLIKE Clemson’s under Coach Swinney.

I honestly didn't understand the Taggert hire at the time.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:04 AM

FSU is one of the premier jobs in the country. They could have had basically any coach in the country. They picked Taggart, who was seemingly well thought of, but the results just weren't there for me. He went 16-20 at Western Kentucky, 24-25 at South Florida, and 7-5 at Oregon. Don't get me wrong, he seemed to do a good job of building up Western Kentucky and restoring USF, but he left before huge success ever came, and we don't really know if he can lead a team to even conference titles, let alone national titles. To date, his biggest accomplishment is sharing a division title with Temple (losing the tiebreaker) and making it to the Birmingham Bowl. He's never coached a won game in his life.

Taggert could end up proving to be a good hire, but, for me, it was certainly a much riskier hire than FSU needed to make.

Re: I honestly didn't understand the Taggert hire at the time.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:44 AM

Jimbo was known to have major issues with the AD, which is one of the primary reasons he left. The AD wasn’t looking to hire the best coach available. He was looking to hire the best African American coach available. The AD is as much to blame for the mess at FSU as anyone. I imagine he will be the next to go along with Taggart if he doesn’t turn it around. I personally like Taggart for being a players coach. He seems like a good guy to me. However, as others have said, it appears that he is in over his head.

Re: I honestly didn't understand the Taggert hire at the time.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to I honestly didn't understand the Taggert hire at the time. ]

My FSU coworker said

"He is a young coach who is really hungry, he's known for turning programs around, lets just relax and give him his chance, he will get us back..."

lol who did he "turn around"?

Oct 29, 2018, 11:07 AM

Not to mention he said he wasn't worried about our DLine saying their Oline went up against a great DL themselves lol

Our DL dominated them so bad it was like watching men against kindergarteners.

Maybe coaches of the future should watch what they say..

Oct 29, 2018, 11:11 AM

Could not believe Taggert let his quarterback get constantly punished by Clemson defense. Was actually yelling at TV for a change in quarterbacks before an injury occurred. Quarterback "manned up" but Taggert didn't!

There are a lot of Duck fans who were wanting us

Oct 29, 2018, 11:14 AM

To hang 60 on him. He is know as Judas Willie out in Eugene...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are a lot of Duck fans who were wanting us

Oct 29, 2018, 11:21 AM

Strikes me as weak and opportunistic in that he always seems to be bouncing from one school to another, looking for a bigger paycheck. And one would think these administrations would have caught on by now. No pity for them and their stupidity. GoooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!

We did

Oct 29, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to There are a lot of Duck fans who were wanting us ]

Refs took it from us (and Will Swinney).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU's problems are much deeper than Taggert.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:19 AM

Addressing the thug culture is a catch-22.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO Taggert is a decent guy just in over his head at FSU.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:27 AM

Followed him since HS days at Manatee High in Bradenton FL. FSU’s FB program has a culture issue.

Agree Petrino is a POS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 11:28 AM

This is exactly why I said that I wished we were the final nail in the coffin that is his tenure at FSU. I don’t particularly care for Francois, but nobody should be left in the game to take that many hits especially when you don’t even have a shot in h3ll of winning, well except for Bentley. I hate that arrogant, without a reason, prick. Also whenever you have that many players trying to start a fight it’s typically a reflection of poor coaching.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:36 AM

Culture is the major problem it’s hard to rid your self of thugs over night.Jimbo knew what was coming.He had allowed good players who were thugs to stay in the program and bring it to the pits. I don’t know anything about how Taggart will do but I suspect his leash is short but again those over fisher allowed him to do what he wanted so time will tell about Taggart

Oct 29, 2018, 11:40 AM

16 penalties for 134 yds during the 8th game of the season. That screams undisciplined. Plain and simple.

Oct 29, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Lost a lot of respect for Taggert ]

16 penalties for 134 yds during the 8th game of the season. That screams undisciplined. Plain and simple.

Oct 29, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Lost a lot of respect for Taggert ]

If our Defense plays like they did Saturday, Bentley will be gone by halftime! He will be clobbered again and again and again! (Pun intended)

Oct 29, 2018, 11:37 AM

When the game is on, i pretty much just watch the ball and wait until now(i hope)to find the whole game on YouTube. Sorta like when you have some movies that you really love, like Airplane, you watched it the first few times for the storyline and jokes. Later, you watch the background for all the insanity you missed. I plan to do that, right now...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is perfect for FSU

Oct 29, 2018, 11:47 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 12:32 PM

He’s a good guy but in over his head . Was likelinin over his head at Oregon too but not there long enough for it play out. attended a couple of his practices at USF when he held HS coaches clinics and it was an absolute unorganized fire drill. I don’t believe he will support the past culture of behavior in Tallahassee but as noted is a great recruiter and knows the State of Florida well. The rising success of the Gators, UCF going to New Years Day bowls , and Clemson still pilfring top talent from the Sunshine State will make life hard for him. Also for now, Richt appears to be locking down S Florida for the U. And Charley Strong at USF is loved by HS coaches across the State. It’s going to take him a while so he better hope Chief Osceola is patient

Oct 29, 2018, 1:16 PM

Taggert seemed dazed after the game. He better move quickly to rid his program of thug players or else he will be gone after this season for a variety of reasons. If FSU doesn’t make a bowl the fans will call for a change despite the need for a culture change.

Go Tigers ??!!

Replies: 25
| visibility 4,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic