Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing 8 signees to academics could put SCAR is a position
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Losing 8 signees to academics could put SCAR is a position

Jul 12, 2014, 3:54 PM

similar to the one we were in after our 2009 class only had 12 guys.

We've seen for ourselves how badly a small class like that can handicap your success on the field for the following few years.

And honestly, our 2009 class was small, but filled with really good players. The 8 players SCAR stands to lose represent some of the better prospects they signed last year. Take away those 8 and the remainder is pretty marginal in addition to being low on numbers.

Could 2014 be the class that provides the tipping point back in Clemson's favor?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Losing 8 signees to academics could put SCAR is a position

Jul 12, 2014, 4:22 PM

I guess putting academics and SCAR in your header confused me. Did you make with the joke ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They got academic scholarships somewhere?***

Jul 12, 2014, 7:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2014, 4:25 PM

They can get in most Junior College players and the likelihood 8 don't get in is slim and none.

It won't be as bad on them as it was on us.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They got Clowney in. Enough said. They will get in.***

Jul 12, 2014, 4:46 PM

I hope so***

Jul 12, 2014, 4:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2014, 5:10 PM

when are they done with their latest round of ncaa probation anyway?.....so used to those scumbags over signing every yr and then yanking schollies......trying so hard to be bama.......lol......the bama mindset and the vandy trophy case.....lol.....guess if emmert gets his way with the 4 yr deal, the playing field might level out a bit with those that take advantage

Here's how it works:

Jul 12, 2014, 5:14 PM

They decide which of the eight they really, really need this year or next...they try to push them through. If they can't,.. they will will have them tested and declared as learning diabled, get a special waver and have them enroll.

The rest will simply be placed in Hutchinson CC and handled while there...enroll two years later.

There may be one or two that can qualify as prep schoolers(aka 13th grade), who they are willing to defer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

If the AD would have named Dabo HC as soon as he fired

Jul 12, 2014, 5:44 PM

Bowden,we could have maintained recruiting. that's the best thing that ever happened to Slurrier

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the AD would have named Dabo HC as soon as he fired

Jul 12, 2014, 8:04 PM

that particular class in dabos first yr was going to be small regardless of who was coaching.

It would have been 18-20 without the coaching change issues

Jul 13, 2014, 9:12 PM

We'd averaged over 20 scholarships for years prior to that and have done the same for years subsequently.

2009 may have indeed still been a "smaller" class, but definitely not a 12-man class. That was an absolute disaster in retrospect, even though the 12 we got were very good ones. Looking back, 2009's 12 still probably were better and more productive than our 17-man 2003 class that was loaded with busts and non-contributors ...

But, after the 2009 debacle, we just didn't have nearly enough legit scholarship athletes on the team and we paid the price for a long time ... we're just now digging out from under it. Honestly, it was almost like being on NCAA probation given the handicaps.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2014, 10:07 PM

To emulate their sister skool in Chapel Hole.
It's the SEC Way in Cola.

Jul 13, 2014, 9:28 PM

I would be SHOCKED if the number turns out to be 8. Maybe 1 or 2, The top ones will " find " a way in.

Jul 13, 2014, 11:28 PM

The defensive ends are a problem. Sawyer and Wideman will both go prep. Wideman can make it in January if he buckles down in prep. The defensive backs have qualifying scores but we're flagged because their scores improved so much on the ACT. They have retaken the test and it looks like 3 of the 4 are good to go and the 4th is probable. Still would have been good for them to make summer workouts but they will be there for fall camp. Sawyer and Wideman hurt because at least one would probably have made the two deep at end.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic