Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Clemson's new signage at Memorial Stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Clemson's new signage at Memorial Stadium

Aug 30, 2017, 9:35 PM

Photo: Clemson's new signage at Memorial Stadium

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Light up that Paw people!!!***

Aug 30, 2017, 9:43 PM

Re: Light up that Paw people!!!***

Aug 30, 2017, 10:47 PM

Will be on tomorrow night we just installed it today got to wire it up !

awesome man!***

Aug 31, 2017, 9:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Fixed it for them!

Aug 31, 2017, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Light up that Paw people!!!*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS needs a petition!***

Aug 31, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Light up that Paw people!!!*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks nice, but missed the mark. Needs to say

Aug 30, 2017, 9:44 PM

National Champs 1981 and 2016. Would that have been too hard to design? I mean they removed the entire Tiger logo, what would two more words and a paw sized to fit with the wording. Would have been awesome. Already heard jokes that the paw lived from 1981 to 2016, and did the paw die? And how about Memorial Stadium is only 35 years old?

Re: Looks nice, but missed the mark. Needs to say

Aug 30, 2017, 9:56 PM

Just like the coke bottles?

I think it looks great and if you're a fan and don't know what those years mean, then you dont deserve to be a fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh God, do you not think anyone other than a big time fan

Aug 30, 2017, 10:04 PM

will see it? I just showed it to someone and they asked what it meant.

Re: Oh God, do you not think anyone other than a big time fan

Aug 30, 2017, 10:11 PM

80k plus that go every single week know exactly what it means, and that's exactly who it was designed for.

Who did you show it to, a ManU fan that's never left England or watched CFB?

Know your audience.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes you leave something to the imagination, and

Aug 30, 2017, 10:29 PM

sometimes less is more, but when the only two words you leave out are national champions, it makes no sense.

The person I showed it to is my wife, she does not live and die with games, but has been to many Clemson games, pulls hard for the Tigers, watched the national championship game with me and has heard me live, eat and breathe national championship since January. She said, "what's different?" I told her the dates and she asked what happened between those years. I really can't think of any other school that would put time and money into a national championship sign and not put the words national championship on it. Don't try to make it like its cool and everyone will know and that its subtle. It's like telling me to look at a piece of artwork in the gallery and convincing me that it is more than what it is. And have me turning my head sideways to see how it makes sense. I just want the teams to be honored and if the designer is going to go that far with numbers and coloring and fonts that actually look great, why have a brain lapse and decide to leave off national champions. Don't say there wasn't room. They took the tiger off and put a new paw. They could have made everything fit. And how bad would that be if that was the reason. There wasn't room for the words National Champions?

Re: Sometimes you leave something to the imagination, and

Aug 30, 2017, 10:30 PM

Sigh. I can't say words about a mans wife. To each their own.

The sign is good.

wow! You found some way to complain about it!

Aug 31, 2017, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Sometimes you leave something to the imagination, and ]

wow! You found some way to complain about it! What an incredible talent you have! I am sure you are a blast at parties!

"Hey everybody! Clemson81to85 goes on the internet and complains about stuff! Thought I'd never meet anyone with that kind of talent!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Stop the drama!***

Aug 30, 2017, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Oh God, do you not think anyone other than a big time fan ]

Aug 30, 2017, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Looks nice, but missed the mark. Needs to say ]

You suck man. Nothing on that campus is good enough for you. Ugh.

Its a beautiful campus, a beautiful stadium and a beautiful

Aug 30, 2017, 10:31 PM

sign. It just bugs me that much more to know that it was so close to being exactly right and just wasn't. That's all. How or why do you leave the words National Champion off of that wall?

How about all your rant about how bad the redo of

Aug 30, 2017, 11:55 PM

Littejohn looks?

Re: Its a beautiful campus, a beautiful stadium and a beautiful

Aug 31, 2017, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Its a beautiful campus, a beautiful stadium and a beautiful ]

Gotta agree. Need to say national champs. Although it looks good, it seems rushed and incomplete. Shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'm sure they will. GO TIGERS!!!

Agree, I think they will too***

Aug 31, 2017, 8:39 PM

Aug 30, 2017, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Looks nice, but missed the mark. Needs to say ]

If you saw the NC coke bottle then you know - yes- it was too hard to design. It shouldnt be but it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2017, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Looks nice, but missed the mark. Needs to say ]

So, the sign is kind of like your user name - Clemson81to85? Is that a score? Did Clemson lose 81 to 85 to another team?

You could add "two more words" and clear things up: "WentToClemson81to85"...

All In® good fun...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

That was good. Made me laugh. By the way I like you're block

Aug 31, 2017, 8:41 PM

C with the tiger walking through it. I haven't seen too many of those. Looks cool.

Re: That was good. Made me laugh. By the way I like you're block

Sep 1, 2017, 7:27 AM

Been following your posts for a long time. Always enjoy reading them; I was at Clemson at the same time - played the drums (quads) in Tiger Band - man, we had some fun back then!!!!

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Aug 31, 2017, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Looks nice, but missed the mark. Needs to say ]

If you heard jokes about it, you need to hang out with better people. Envy is a terrible thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did the Tiger die at 35 years young? ??

Aug 30, 2017, 10:19 PM

It is lame... sorry but it's true. Put it inside stadium on each side of score board with national champions between them. Just like engineers...they think they are so smart but miss common sense. Reminds me of renting an audi that had stick shift. All was well until I put coke can in cup holder. Could not shift gears with can inside holder.

Uh, engineers don't design logos and marketing material.

Aug 30, 2017, 11:02 PM

Maybe a graphics artist?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, engineers don't design logos and marketing material.

Aug 30, 2017, 11:04 PM

well if it was a freaking tweet we could figure out how to do it. everytime a player sneezes or does car karoke they can pump thAT

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the Tiger die at 35 years young? ??

Aug 31, 2017, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Did the Tiger die at 35 years young? ?? ]

yea, well, let's see you cross a bridge that an accountant designed!

Re: FB Update: Photo: Clemson's new signage at Memorial Stadium

Aug 31, 2017, 1:12 AM

Oh no....what are they going to do after we win our next one? How will they add another date and make still look balanced???

I can't help but be so happy to see that 2016 there......I don't really care that it does not say national champs.

Aug 31, 2017, 1:18 AM

You're right. These are first world problems.

Meanwhile, in Columbia they are figuring out how to make the sign for their ONE AND ONLY conference championship look balanced.

Aug 31, 2017, 3:09 PM

Don't think they know how to put nineteen sixty nine in numbers. After all, how many fingers and toes can you use to figure it all out? :)

Nice!!!!!!***

Aug 31, 2017, 3:46 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2017, 5:14 AM

Let's face it, some people are never satisfied. True fans know. Sign looks great. Not too gaudy. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2017, 8:08 AM

Where do you put "2017"?

Aug 31, 2017, 3:12 PM

I like the way you think! :)

Like The Sign for FH Field

Aug 31, 2017, 10:08 AM

Sign is good. I've always fought the tendency to make things better if what you have is goo enough--better is the enemy of good enough. Would adding " National Champions" to the sign be better? Yep.

Should Clemson spend the money to add the two words? Nope, imo

Having said that, will someone come forward to make it happen? Bet on it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2017, 6:21 PM

bottom line: In a decade there won't be room for NATIONAL CHAMPIONS because the sign will be covered in years

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic