Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like only the folks in P&R (and Washington) are really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 891

Looks like only the folks in P&R (and Washington) are really

Jul 19, 2018, 1:01 PM

concerned about Russia.

Everybody else is still worried about keeping illegals out, and getting and keeping a job.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/237389/immigration-surges-top-important-problem-list.aspx

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like only the folks in P&R (and Washington) are really

Jul 19, 2018, 1:05 PM

and only in America do people put $2000 rims on a $500 car

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

really?

Jul 19, 2018, 1:07 PM

Re: really?

Jul 19, 2018, 1:14 PM

you will literally argue anything, and if it completely belies the point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You brought up cars and rims

Jul 19, 2018, 1:36 PM

I just showed you were wrong.

Again.

Maybe I can help.

Jul 19, 2018, 2:22 PM

He's making fun of how you jumped to wild conclusions in your original post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Maybe I can help you.

Jul 19, 2018, 3:44 PM

I just posted a gallup poll.

Read the results yourself.

Yes, you did.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:41 PM

Do you want me to explain how your words look foolish when you analyze the data from the poll?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Sure. Have at it.***

Jul 20, 2018, 10:15 AM

Re: Sure. Have at it.***

Jul 20, 2018, 10:58 AM

You said: "Looks like only the folks in P&R (and Washington) are really concerned about Russia."

Then you posted a poll that shows 22 percent of Americans chose immigration.

That's not the conclusion you draw from that data.

One percent from this poll still said Russia, so that's over 3 million Americans. Thus, clearly it isn't just people on P&R and in Washington concerned.

actually, it was less than 1%

Jul 20, 2018, 11:04 AM

Unless you have access to other numbers that I don't see (if so, please share), we don't really know how many that number is.

And really, its a sample of 1033 people.

Yep, you'll argue with anything.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:05 AM

So you still think the only Americans concerned with this Russia stuff are on this board and politicians in DC?

You also know this poll was conducted before Trump made his statements with Putin, right?

The overall thought here, that I didn't think I'd have to

Jul 20, 2018, 11:08 AM

explain (but since you disagree, its apparent that I do) is that Russia and its meddling in the election wasn't as big of a story for average Americans as many (like you) would have us believe it is.

And yes, I'm well aware when this poll was taken, and its time frame. From my understanding, this poll hasn't been repeated since then, so it would be hard to quote something that hasn't been created yet.

Have you ever noticed this is how usual discussion go...

Jul 20, 2018, 11:26 AM

With you?

Ineligible User: "I am making a crazy claim."

Someone else: "Dude, that's not true. Here's why."

Ineligible User: "Ah ha! So you are making this crazy claim."

Other person: "No, I never said that. I'm pointing out how your claim was wrong."

Ineligible User: "You are making this absurd claim and that's silly."

Other person: "I never said that!"

I never said that I disputed anything in that poll.

Let's review again and state it simple: You said that they ONLY people concerned with Russia are on this board and in DC. This is a dumb, dumb, dumb claim.

The poll asks people what they saw as the most important issue. Twenty two percent said immigration. This doesn't mean that these people don't see Russia as important. It means they view other issues as MORE important.

Thus, your statement that the only people who care are on this board and DC is wrong, dumb, and illogical.

I'm sorry to be so blunt but it's taken a whole long thread for me to explain this to you. Do you see now.

Let's review:
-I do not dispute any data in that poll.
-I am pointing out how wrong your assumptions are from interpreting the data of the poll.

Clear?

I notice you are intentionally obtuse about things you

Jul 20, 2018, 12:26 PM

disagree with.

And I'll be right up font with you..I kinda skipped your invented conversation. It looked pointless so I just kind of move on to this:

"The poll asks people what they saw as the most important issue. Twenty two percent said immigration. This doesn't mean that these people don't see Russia as important. It means they view other issues as MORE important."

Yeah..other issues are a LOT more important. Like worrying about abortion and welfare, more than Russia. How much time a day do you spend worrying about abortion and welfare? I'd bet that people ON welfare don't spend that much time worrying about it.

So only 227 people care about immigration?***

Jul 20, 2018, 3:27 PM [ in reply to actually, it was less than 1% ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell me***

Jul 20, 2018, 3:36 PM

And only in America

Jul 19, 2018, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like only the folks in P&R (and Washington) are really ]

CAN people put $2000 rims on a $500 car.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like only the folks in P&R (and Washington) are really***

Jul 19, 2018, 2:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 2:12 PM

Poll results: "Twenty-two percent of Americans say immigration is the most important problem."

Ineligible User: "Ah ha! Nobody cares about Russia! Conclusion!"

Also looks at data and says, "Ah ha! All those people who cited it as a top problem want to keep them out! Conclusion!"

"Of course, partisan groups almost certainly have differing reasons for viewing immigration as the top problem currently. Republicans are likely thinking of the underlying problem of illegal immigration per se and its impact on the nation's economy and crime situation, while Democrats may be thinking more about the negative impact of the Trump administration's policies and actions in cracking down on immigration."

If you download the pdf like I did

Jul 19, 2018, 3:50 PM

And do a search for "Russia"...you'll find an open ended question that says:

Situation with Russia

Its listed as 1% in Feb, March and April of 2018.

It has an asterisk listed in July, which means <1% of the people polled viewed it as an issue.

It's listed as a lower priority than:

Children’s behavior/Way they are raised
Drugs
Wars/War (nonspecific)/Fear of war
Terrorism
International issues, problems
Abortion
Welfare
Situation with North Korea
Elections/Election reform
Foreign policy/Foreign aid/Focus overseas

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions from that result.

Re: If you download the pdf like I did

Jul 19, 2018, 5:46 PM

Well, we're addressing your drawing of conclusions. You said (and bold emphasis is mine):

"Looks like only the folks in P&R (and Washington) are really concerned about Russia."

One percent of the American population is 3.25 million.

You operate on these fallacious assumptions:
-That no or few Americans care about Russia. They just don't list is as most important. It's still an issue. And millions see it as that.
-That only people here and Washington care. Dumb assumption.
-This poll was conducted fresh off the immigration conflict that happened in the last month and not right after the Russian scandal two days ago. Let's see that poll a month from now.

Either way, thanks for playing.

lol..now you are questioning the polling.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:17 AM

This just keeps getting better

"Children’s behavior/Way they are raised" was listed as more of a concern. Millions more people listed that as an issue compared to Russia.

No, I'm not, and you are willfully ignoring what I'm saying.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:55 AM

I'm pointing out how wrong you are with your analysis of the data.

Ok, I'll try it again.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:00 AM

According to this poll, at least 6 times more people saw "Lack of respect for each other" as a problem moreso than anything to do with Russia.

Do you disagree?

I am not disputing any number in this poll.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:06 AM

I only dispute your sweeping generalization in your subject line based on your interpretation of the data.

So do you disagree also that

Jul 20, 2018, 11:11 AM

the Russian "issue" wasn't a large concern, at least for people who completed this poll?

Nope, I don't disagree.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:22 AM

And again: This poll was conducted during the heat of immigration debate and before Trump's Putin fiasco.

Do you now agree that your original assumption was wrong? Including your assumption on why people had immigration as their #1?

good***

Jul 20, 2018, 12:36 PM

What I learned from that poll.

Jul 19, 2018, 4:20 PM

Nonsmoking beer drinkers have the least margin of error and pot heads are few, far between and error in polling them is as high as they are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For results based on the sample of –133—smokers, the maximum margin of sampling error is ±10 percentage points.

For results based on the sample of –900—non-smokers, the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

For results based on the sample of –678—adults who drink alcoholic beverages, the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People love to hate. Politicians live off of find groups of

Jul 19, 2018, 4:48 PM

people for us to hate. Now it's immigrants.

It used to be the Irish, then it was hippies, then the Chinese, then the Russians, now the immigrants.

I don't know anyone who hates immigrants.

Jul 19, 2018, 5:38 PM

I thinks it's the ones who are here illegally most have a problem with.

Re: I don't know anyone who hates immigrants.

Jul 19, 2018, 7:24 PM

I view people like Ineligible User like view coots:

See you in November.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 7:49 PM

Are you trying to say that because it's low on the poll that it is therefore not an issue?

What do you think this poll would have shown as the top problem in August 2001?

Amazingly, you can look that up and I don't have to guess.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:25 AM

https://news.gallup.com/poll/4924/bush-job-approval-highest-gallup-history.aspx

Re: Amazingly, you can look that up and I don't have to guess.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:05 AM

That's not even close to what I said, but thanks for the apparently useless link.

That link shows some of the top concerns for people

Jul 20, 2018, 11:13 AM

prior to Sept 2001. You asked what I thought it would be. I didn't know..so rather than make something up as many seem to do, I looked it up. Bush's leadership was one of the major concerns.

I don't know whether its surprising or not that I need to explain this to you.

Replies: 36
| visibility 891
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic