»
Topic: Looks like Kobe Pryor just got his 4th star from ESPN...
Replies: 16   Last Post: May 22, 2019 9:29 AM by: CUPeake19
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 16  

Looks like Kobe Pryor just got his 4th star from ESPN...

[11]
Posted: May 21, 2019 2:12 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/237662/kobe-pryor

Maybe ESPN doesn't completely hate us.

Re: Looks like Kobe Pryor just got his 4th star from ESPN...

[1]
Posted: May 21, 2019 2:26 PM

He was a backup RB from what I understand. At 5-11 205 lbs power cleaning 375 and a well above average shuttle time I expect him to get a good boost once he's the main back. 40 needs work but the shuttle basically ended that worry for me as he shows he has the explosiveness and stop & go ability (.01 seconds slower than Bowman who runs a 4.47 40.

[2]
Posted: May 21, 2019 2:29 PM

Good catch. His speed is probably the only thing holding his stars back, but speed isn't everything.

I'll never forget that game in Columbia when Emory Smith broke a big run, carrying a defensive back, I believe it was Cousins, about 15-20 yards on his back. Classic.

[4]
Posted: May 21, 2019 2:45 PM

Well, my memory was a little off, lol. Drug him about 5 yards and it was Cousins. I remember him dragging him with the tops of his feet on the ground. I was in the end zone behind the play at the time. Looked liked 15 yds. ;)

Here it is, at the 4:34 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Nwjps7l4g

[1]
Posted: May 21, 2019 3:40 PM

We give a lot of free rides to the coots. This is one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7943dkjTco

2019 white level member

Maybe that's why they have cabooses

Posted: May 21, 2019 3:48 PM

Outside of the roach...fond memories of rides. ;)

Posted: May 21, 2019 4:28 PM

Pryor will not be ES 2.0. Emory was 240 lbs and never ran a sub 4.6 forty in his life.
The run in the highlight is a great moment. Glad both chose Clemson.

2019 orange level member

Posted: May 21, 2019 9:24 PM

Tommy West got real excited about that one!

Posted: May 21, 2019 5:31 PM

Were you at school during that time period? Do you remember them playing it on the screens in Littlejohn for that hype night (forget official name now) that they do near start of basketball season?

Re: I think Parks should jump after The Opening showing

Posted: May 21, 2019 2:46 PM

elite numbers

https://247sports.com/Article/Top-Performers-The-Opening-Nashville-Regional-2019-132181885/

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I think Parks should jump after The Opening showing

[1]
Posted: May 21, 2019 5:39 PM

Beat out the top ranked OT, but they might wait until the national to see how he stands.

[3]
Posted: May 21, 2019 4:33 PM

thanks god, he was hurting our overall star average and it really had me questioning our coaching staff's decision here.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

You should never chalk up to conspiracy what you can reliably attribute to stupidity. Because stupidity is a much more powerful force in the course of human events.

Posted: May 21, 2019 6:54 PM

Wait..you’re telling me that Espn gave another star to a Clemson recruit? And I was almost convinced by some people on this board that espn doesn’t boost acc/Clemson recruits in order to promote the SEC narrative. Those conspiracy theorists have some ‘splainin to do.

Posted: May 21, 2019 9:15 PM

Don't forget that Kirk Herbstreit's kids are CLEMSON bound, so I'm sure ESPN will give CLEMSON just a little more cred now.

Posted: May 22, 2019 8:19 AM

That's a good point. Also the ACCN launching this year so maybe esACCpn just trying to pump up ACC teams recruiting rankings now??

Posted: May 22, 2019 9:23 AM

Looks like he would be a dynamite High School Mike Backer. In our scheme in would probably be a Fullback and Mike when he played Defense.

Posted: May 22, 2019 9:29 AM

With Tony Mathis gone to WVU, Kobe will now be the featured back at Cedartown. Kid will get the opportunity to show out this yr. I think with a big yr he moves up 150-247 range. Kid has a Nick Chubb work ethic, which is who he likes to model his game after.

Replies: 16  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 lower level season tickets together in the North stands, section UL, row V, $1100 each.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3136 people have read this post