Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like Jerrion Ealy is a composite 5-star now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Looks like Jerrion Ealy is a composite 5-star now

Jan 16, 2019, 12:45 PM

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2019-Football/Targets/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He would be a great addition to a loaded offense***

Jan 16, 2019, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like Jerrion Ealy is a composite 5-star now

Jan 16, 2019, 12:55 PM

I wonder how the Kyler Murray situation will affect Ealy.

I'm sure he is invested in how it plays out.

Will he see it as college being a great chance to reach his potential in both areas?

Or will he see the stress of Kyler having to decide where he can make the most money as a reason to take the money now and enjoy playing baseball?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He isn't 'stressed' seeing what KM is "going through"

Jan 16, 2019, 12:58 PM

Heck... Murray isn't stressed about it. Kid is having the time of his life.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: He isn't 'stressed' seeing what KM is "going through"

Jan 16, 2019, 1:04 PM

I believe you are wrong about this.

Entering the NFL draft could void his contract with the A's.

This would mean he has to return his 4+ million dollar signing bonus.

If he does this and then falls in the draft, he could lose a ton of money.

I am not so sure that he is a lock to be drafted in the first round as a QB. If he falls past the desperate teams, then he may fall a lot since he would be very different as a back-up than most team's starter. They may shy away from this.

If he goes NFL he is taking a bet on himself as a QB to get drafted high.

If he chooses baseball then he is taking a bet that he can make it through the minors to get a big salary in the MLB.

Right now, he is stressed. No matter his choice he is taking a big gamble either way. Having a choice is always more stressful than being told what your next step may be. It's a good situation to have, but it is stressful.

Jan 16, 2019, 1:17 PM

From what I've read, the act of entering the NFL draft won't necessarily void his MLB contract. Of course if a team were to draft him I would have to assume they would have already talked to him to be sure he would be willing to sign a contract to play football, and that could indeed void his MLB contract unless the A's are just feeling very generous.

Jan 16, 2019, 1:25 PM

Declaring for the draft has not voided his contract with the A's.

I'm pretty sure I heard that staying in the process and being drafted voids the deal he made with the A's.

The A's don't appear to want to work with him playing both moving forward. Maybe they will have a change of heart. Who knows.

I have seen several baseball people say that the A's taking him that early was a reach. I bet they would trade Ealy for Murray today.

Jan 18, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Jerrion Ealy is a composite 5-star now ]

With Murray, he knows somebody is going to pay him millions of dollars. It is just a matter of who. In a way it will be a gamble either way, because he could end up with less than $4 million, but I see no chance that he does not end up with 7 figures in his pocket.

Ealy on the other hand, could give a new meaning to All In, in my opinion. If he is drafted highly and wants to play football, then I hope that Clemson can direct him on some insurance options so that the gamble is not as substantial.

Only people stressed in the Murray situation is the A's front office and his agent's tax guy***

Jan 18, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Jerrion Ealy is a composite 5-star now ]

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 12:56 PM

Really hoping he comes to Clemson .....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I think baseball vs NFL RB is a much different decision

Jan 16, 2019, 12:58 PM

than baseball vs NFL QB. RBs get payed less, have shorter careers, and take much more of a beating. That makes baseball a much more appealing option even if he really loves football.

Re: you have to consider the age of these kids though....

Jan 16, 2019, 1:03 PM

At 18-19, I would opt for the easiest quickest path to money. NFL will get you that quicker. Could be less overall, but impactful right away.

Baseball does have guaranteed money. I am curious as to what Oakland was offering Murray, to attempt to sway him.

Of course, he could just "love football more" as they mention with Murray also.

Either way. I like our chances, and Lee has already told him that he has a spot on the field.

Re: you have to consider the age of these kids though....

Jan 16, 2019, 1:10 PM

NFL is not a quicker option for him.

Lots of 1st round picks in baseball get to the big leagues within 3 years.

The first time Ealy sets foot in a class he has a minimum 3 years before he can even attempt to be drafted in football or baseball again.

Also he mentioned during the Under Armour AA game that baseball is his favorite sport.

NFL is a quicker route for Murray which is why he has a tougher decision. Also Murray has the baseball money in his pocket.

I could see Ealy signing in February and we still don't know if he will ever show up until sometime after the baseball draft in June.

Payed? WTH am i writing?***

Jan 16, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to I think baseball vs NFL RB is a much different decision ]

Long term future is in baseball (based on today)...

Jan 16, 2019, 12:59 PM

...things could change. But he is arguably the best non pitcher this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jan 16, 2019, 1:05 PM

TIGER

Jan 16, 2019, 1:11 PM

Adding Ealy to this class would move us up to #3 in the 24/7 composite team rankings behind Bama and UGA. We are currently 6th, but he would move us ahead of LSU, OU and A&M provided they don't add anyone else.

It was only a matter of time before it happened.***

Jan 18, 2019, 12:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic