Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,441

Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight

Aug 3, 2020, 7:55 PM

With a Pearman-seque fact set. I stand against racism in any form, but this is ridiculous. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244688892.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a steaming pile of ####. People looking really

Aug 3, 2020, 8:11 PM

really hard for something to be triggered by or offended by will find it every time. This is absolutely insane. Why do folks play along with this nonsense? Is the truth too painful, too provocative?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

There you go making sense again.

Aug 3, 2020, 10:00 PM

As always.

Re: Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight

Aug 3, 2020, 8:12 PM

First, "I ain't did nothing!" Enough said there. Second and more important, and this is just MY opinion, I think saying the phrase "The N Word" sounds like a 6 year old saying "he said the F word". I get it, I do. I dont chose to use that word with the R or the A, but if you are saying "Dont say this", then you say the word, who gives a crap. And dont hand me that "Your white and dont have the right to say it" BS. IMO if you use it in any context, your opinion and feelings on the topic are moot to me as I feel its ignorance to use it at ALL. This stuff is WAY out of hand, and athletes are taking the SJW stuff to the extreme. Inmates are truly trying to run the asylum and it needs to stop. BTW, let them fire Patterson, and go back 3-4 wins per season

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 8:16 PM

Can someone please explain why a black player can use the "N" word in any context and not be reprimanded?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 8:18 PM

Sounds like Gary did so and now he's the one in trouble. SMH.

Aug 3, 2020, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight ]

because the supposed Oppressed have Privilege over the supposed Oppressors who supposedly have Privilege but aren't allowed to say or do or wear certain things because of supposed Oppression and/or supposed Privilege. It's quite simple really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 3, 2020, 8:57 PM

How did any of those players quoted in the article pass english?

Aug 4, 2020, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight ]

Amazing how some of those "oppressed" players are going to become millionaires the minute they sign a contract in this "systemically racist" country we live in.

If people are tired of hearing the word, then maybe they should eliminate using it 50 times in a 3 minute rap song.

Because there is a double standard based on skin color.

Aug 3, 2020, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight ]

You know, to help heal racial division.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 3, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight ]

Black people can use it because they made it a term of endearment. They took the power away from it. They changed its...context...

so can white people now start using it as a term of

Aug 4, 2020, 7:31 AM

endearment to? That way the meaning of the word just changes completely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because

Aug 4, 2020, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Gary Patterson is in the spotlight ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These players make Manti Teo look sane. Teo's imaginary

Aug 3, 2020, 11:21 PM

girlfriend was more real than the racism and disrespect yapping these insufferable players keep spewing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2020, 11:54 PM

I have zero respect for anyone who can’t understand context or intention. These players are babies looking to outraged.

Aug 4, 2020, 6:46 AM

Yes, they are babies. Want proof? Look at the quote by the teams center. He says they are discussing ways to move forward while keeping in mind the mental health of the football team. I nearly choked on my Cheerios when I read that.

At least many of Coach P's black players defended him

Aug 4, 2020, 8:54 AM

It sounds like many players see this for what it is...an attack on an apparently good man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At least many of Coach P's black players defended him

Aug 4, 2020, 9:12 AM

so did dabos.. didn't stop the media and social justice pansies from attempting to destroy dabo and our football program.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

So this player is all offended, because Patterson used the

Aug 4, 2020, 9:02 AM

word in the context of reprimanding the player for using it. But it's ok for the player to say it in the locker room. Typical screwed up logic. I have said for years, if blacks are so offended by the use of the word by whites, they should be just as offended when other blacks use it. I am strongly opposed to using the word by anyone, blacks included. And that also includes the slang version of it that is so common in hip hop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,441
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic