Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone "Dissed" 'Cuse When They Joined (pending) The ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Everyone "Dissed" 'Cuse When They Joined (pending) The ACC

Dec 29, 2012, 6:35 PM

They're looking pretty good to me ...... (what I am seeing at the lovely Pinstripe Bowl)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another yankee school. Great.***

Dec 29, 2012, 6:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

There are no Southern Schools left ....

Dec 29, 2012, 6:58 PM

Except at the FCS level ...

ECU? (oh no!, a N Carolina school!)

ODU? (Old Dominion U in Norfolk Va)

The Florida Schools (ie UCF), might as well be a Yankee School

Navy? They are a Mason-Dixon School + its Navy

So it is what it is .... unless we 'wanna join the SEC (granted we are not a major TV market overall, BUT we are top ten College Football market ... )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GEORGIA SOUTHERN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 31, 2012, 2:28 PM

one can only dream :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McFly, the war is over!****

Dec 29, 2012, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Another yankee school. Great.*** ]

Whats it got to do with a ### war?***

Dec 31, 2012, 2:06 PM

it will be interesting to see if they quickly get worse in the ACC. Miami,

Dec 29, 2012, 6:43 PM

VA Tech, FSU, are all nothing like they used to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

VT is having their 1st bad year in forever.***

Dec 29, 2012, 6:50 PM

Re: I like to believe we have had a hand in that

Dec 29, 2012, 6:57 PM

beating them 3 in a row but Logan Thomas and letting the home invader kicker back on the team also played a hand in their demise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, their QB had a bad year.

Dec 29, 2012, 6:59 PM

I'd also say that winning 10+ games for 15 or so years in a row had something to do with a 7 win season being a big disappointment for them.

Re: it will be interesting to see if they quickly get worse in the ACC. Miami,

Dec 29, 2012, 6:51 PM [ in reply to it will be interesting to see if they quickly get worse in the ACC. Miami, ]

VT and FSU- thank Logan and EJ for that. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone "Dissed" 'Cuse When They Joined (pending) The ACC

Dec 29, 2012, 7:04 PM

Ohwiseone,

So you are willing to just let go decades of #### poor football, terrible fan support, terrible support from the administration, and terrible facilities

FOR ONE NEW ERA BOWL WIN?

Is that what your implying?

No I think he is implying that people like....

Dec 29, 2012, 7:07 PM

don't know much about Syracuse football.

Re: No I think he is implying that people like....

Dec 29, 2012, 7:10 PM

I know a good bit about Syracuse football. I know their football brand sucks, I know their fans suck, I know they play in the same stadium they play basketball in, I know they do not put money into getting better

And I think they have a hell of a coach who deserves better

Thats what I know about Syracuse football (which at one time did in fact have great tradition and its sad to see what it has become)

Re: No I think he is implying that people like....

Dec 31, 2012, 2:06 PM

You don't know #### about Syracuse Football???Our football brand is better than Clemson's...Were a top 15 football program all time and have more hall of famers than Clemson can dream of???Where does Clemson rank? You must be a rutgirls fan who thinks college football started in 2005???Wow...

They beat WVU ...

Dec 29, 2012, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Everyone "Dissed" 'Cuse When They Joined (pending) The ACC ]

we did not beat WVU, so therefore I am impressed

Dec 31, 2012, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Everyone "Dissed" 'Cuse When They Joined (pending) The ACC ]

What are you talking about? Did you just start following college football?Syracuse has more history and tradition that Clemson...Look at the last time we played 41-0 cuse...We made 1 horrible hire in 2004 which set the program way back to levels never seen before..Now that we have a good coach we'll be a consistent top 25 team again...

Looks comparable between the two I'd give the edge to

Dec 31, 2012, 2:20 PM

Clemson.... one national championship each...yours in 59, ours in 81....we have a few more bowl wins...several more conference championships...think Clemson has a slight edge in history/tradition....average almost twice in home attendance of Syracuse...depends on who you pull for

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks comparable between the two I'd give the edge to

Dec 31, 2012, 2:25 PM

Sorry to come off as a jerk I know Clemson is good and has great history in Football but the other poster didn't have a clue as to what he was talkin about?? Syracuse had been down from 2004 to 2009 but they defintely have football history..Anyone who can't admit that doesn't know football or is lying to themselves

hope ebo dont start leaning their way***

Dec 29, 2012, 7:12 PM

Re: hope ebo dont start leaning their way***

Dec 29, 2012, 7:16 PM

Unlikely a top tier recruit wants to play at a school because of the items I listed above.

Dec 30, 2012, 11:43 AM

Makes our effort against WV look all the more disgraceful.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cuse has been good at football before...

Dec 30, 2012, 11:48 AM

and can again. They have vastly improved in the three years of Doug Marrone being head coach. I believe they were 2-10 or 1-11 the year before Maronne took over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and i think pitt can make some noise,too, if they can keep a

Dec 30, 2012, 1:07 PM

coaching staff for longer than 1 year. pa.(the state) does have some talented kids coming out of the hs ranks,and a pretty impressive list of qb's in the past.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cuse has been good at football before...

Dec 31, 2012, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Cuse has been good at football before... ]

Exactly right...Like I said in prior post we made 1 horrible hire in Greg Robinsion who had a record of 10-37 i think over 4 years...Most of his recruits were not D1 talent so it will take Marrone & company a little bit to recover but Marrone is already plus 15 in wins with record of 25-25 and 2 bowl wins and some huge upsets against #8WVU and #9L'ville not to mention SEC Mizzou

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic