Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking closer at Lamar/Lewisville.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Looking closer at Lamar/Lewisville.

Dec 6, 2016, 10:28 AM

More than half of his TD passes were against Charlotte, Marshall, and Virginia. Those teams had a combined record of 9-27.

Also, Louisville defeated 4 teams that finished eligible for a bowl.

Clemson defeated 10.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

great stat to use: there are 40 bowl games.....

Dec 6, 2016, 10:32 AM

25% of them (10) feature teams that Clemson/Deshaun Watson beat.

pass the Miller, Spiller !

Dec 6, 2016, 10:35 AM

Burp ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all about the FSU game

Dec 6, 2016, 10:35 AM

The media has had a love affair with FSU since the late 80s. That's why they're pretty much always preseason top 10 whether they have good reason to be or not. Like Notre Dame, they're just a favorite. Had Lamar not ran all over FSU like he did, he wouldn't be the front runner in the Heisman race. He completely demolished what we now know to be a mediocre FSU team, and that alone was all the media needed to crown him the king.

He is a really good quarterback, no doubt. But great? I don't think so. And definitely not Heisman caliber. Maybe next year, but not this year. He simply couldn't win when he needed to win and get his team over the hump.

But, he embarrassed FSU when they were in the top 10, and that's all that ESPN etc needs, unfortunately.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking closer at Lamar/Lewisville. think of them like

Dec 6, 2016, 10:37 AM

this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiYcMpZqOU

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff. Hopefully Heisman voters see your post and vote

Dec 6, 2016, 10:55 AM

accordingly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Is Fitz a Heisman voter?

Dec 6, 2016, 11:01 AM

Oh boy.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Looking closer at Lamar/Lewisville.

Dec 6, 2016, 11:55 AM

Clearly, Jackson is the superior runner, while Watson is the superior passer. Jackson turned it over 13 times, Watson 16 times. Jackson beat FSU. Watson beat Aw-burn, Lewisville, FSU, and VaTech. Watson won the ACC title and is in the Playoff. Obviously, Jackson achieved neither. Jackson got off to a brilliant start and faded. Watson got off to a good start and got hotter. Watson won his state championship game in spectacular fashion- biggest beat down by an ACC school against an SEC school. Jackson blew it in his state championship game against a mediocre Kentucky team. Watson exudes calm, quiet confidence. Honestly, I have not heard Jackson enough to form an opinion. Pretty close, but I think DW4 should get it because of his consistent clutch performances.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and of those 4 bowl eligible teams, 3 of them were 6-6.

Dec 6, 2016, 11:57 AM

BOOM.

:D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

I hope the Heisman voters take that into account.***

Dec 6, 2016, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Looking closer at Lamar/Lewisville.

Dec 6, 2016, 1:39 PM

Also Dabo takes Deshaun out of the game when Clemson has a big lead, unlike Louisville

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic