»
Topic: Looking back at our onsides kickoff
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 12, 2017 8:45 PM by: Tiger Contractor
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Looking back at our onsides kickoff

[1]
Posted: Jan 12, 2017 11:18 AM

Rules state if the kickoff is recovered with the player on the ground the clock does NOT start.
IF Bama had recovered that onsides kickoff they would have had one more play at OUR 45 yard line for a hail mary.
My suggestion was to either kick it out of bounds around their 20 or so in which case they get the ball on their 40 yard line.
OR
Kick a squib kick (ball bouncing) around their 30 yard line. Presumable the ball is bouncing and its picked up in the air an the clock starts and runs out. But the laterals come in to play in this case (see Oregon band).

BUT it all worked out but it made me nervous when we did the onsides kick

When it happened I did not know:
If it went 10 yards
If our guys touch it too soon
If we recovered it

Nervous until I saw the slow mo replay. Sweatin bullets

Re: Looking back at our onsides kickoff

[2]
Posted: Jan 12, 2017 11:22 AM

what is really amazing are people still trying to figure out bad things that "could" have happened. here is a news flash. WE WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. can you people maybe stop worrying about things till at least spring practice and enjoy this. geeeeeeeeeeesh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Jan 12, 2017 11:25 AM

That was definitely a ballsy call. No doubt the team worked on that play thinking we may need it if things got desperate, just like Alabama last year. Who could've scripted it better though? With .01 left on the clock, Watson and the boys got one last curtain call with the V formation.

null

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 11:40 AM

That was my thought as well. It was only fitting that Deshuan got to go back onto the field and take one last snap as Clemson's QB. It couldn't have been scripted any better than that. Go Tigers. 2016 National Champions.

military_donation.jpg

But yet so perfect and poetically justified

[1]
Posted: Jan 12, 2017 11:42 AM

after Saban onsided us last year. What a perfect, Hollywood ending.

Re: But yet so perfect and poetically justified

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 11:57 AM

thought that was a gutsy call--- and you're right so perfect and poetically justified!

go tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2019 white level member

Re: But yet so perfect and poetically justified

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 8:45 PM

Poetic you are correct

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: 4 Charlotte Tickets; North Stands, SEC TDP, Row B, 2nd row inside portal; 45-50 yard line. All seats...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1067 people have read this post