Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Welcome From Northern Orangeland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,888

Welcome From Northern Orangeland

Nov 9, 2015, 12:08 PM

Well it is apparent our coach is quickly working his way into unemployment...we as fans will still press on and try to have fun anyways...at least we might see the future national champion.

I wanted to send out a welcome to any Tiger fans venturing north. If you have any questions ask them here. If you need tix they'll be plentiful and cheap on Saturday.

My group's tailgate menu for Saturday:

Cheese, meats, and crackers
Cherry Hot Pepper poppers
Wisconsin spiced beer basted brats
Hofmann Coneys and dogs
Cheeseburgers
Turkey wraps
Italian Sausage, peppers n onions
Chicken Parmigiana
Heart attack on a plate (was funny 15 years ago writing that, not so much now :eek:, anyway it's ziti dish with every cheese know to man, sausage and ground beef I believe)
Pulled pork sandwiches
Some salad like stuff to be named later
Some desert to be figure out later

As a gesture of goodwill...if you would like join the tailgate on Saturday send me a note.

http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2015/01/syracuse-tailgate-and-visitors-guide-15.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welcome From Northern Orangeland

Nov 9, 2015, 12:19 PM

Just tell me what time I need to be there!!!! Sounds like a great menu

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks tm.***

Nov 9, 2015, 12:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're all going to Dabo's pizza party next month.

Nov 9, 2015, 12:23 PM

I don't think Dabo would mind if you come. Give us a whistle before you leave home though, just in case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks foro the info

Nov 9, 2015, 12:28 PM

I have been to Syracuse on business before and my first roommate (at Clemson) was from Painted Post, NY not to far from there. Me and the family are still deciding how many road games left we can make it to with the ACCCG and a bowl (or 2) on the horizon!

Thanks again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2015, 12:32 PM

Mark, welcome back to the T-Net board. I'm the guy you sent the Maryland parking passes to, two years ago. I never got to thank you for that kind gesture, so thanks, they were put to good use.

We enjoyed our trip to Syracuse two years ago and really enjoyed the hospitality from the Cuse fans. I don't like tailgating in a parking garage, but it worked out and kept us dry. We can't make the trip this year, it looks like we might have a little extra post season activity, so the AACCG is the first road trip, then we'll go from there.

Thanks for keeping friendly rivalries alive....GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2015, 2:11 PM

Anyone coming to the tailgate...send me a T-Mail

I'll send you directions and the particulars...we are 2 blocks west of the Dome. I can give you some pointers on parking.

D@MN i wish i was going to Syracuse this weekend?....

Nov 9, 2015, 8:46 PM

That sounds delicious!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm making the trip up

Nov 9, 2015, 9:05 PM

Any recommendation on parking that isn't going to cost me my left arm? TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm making the trip up

Nov 10, 2015, 9:15 AM

> Any recommendation on parking that isn't going to
> cost me my left arm? TIA

There is a nearby garage parking for $25. If you arrive early you can generally find cash lot parking for around $20 along Adams, Harrison streets. If you want to set up a tailgate...sadly the best option is probably going to Skytop ($12?) and taking a shuttle to the game.

Another option is to park downtown and party in Armory Square pregame...a few places have shuttle buses. If you are in good shape: the walk is about a mile uphill...the walk after downhill (Adams) will be dark outside...so I recommend you use your GPS app on your phone or print a map.

Dang ... Wish I was going now. Looks good!***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Dang ... Wish I was going now. Looks good!***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:20 AM

Is there a game or just tailgating?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang ... Wish I was going now. Looks good!***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:28 AM

> Is there a game or just tailgating?

Updated Menu

Starting at 1130 will be:
-----------------------------
Cheese, meats, and crackers
Hot Cherry Pepper poppers
Turkey wraps
Coneys/Dogs
Wisconsin spiced beer brats
Cheeseburgers
Tossed Salad
Dessert and jello shots

For 12 noon also added will be:
----------------------------------------
Tray of herbed roasted potatoes
Sausage, peppers n onions on a roll
Pulled pork sandwiches
Chicken Parmigiana on a roll
Pulled pork sandwiches

At least our stomachs will be full...obviously I'm hoping the game plays close to the final gun but the realist in me after seeing the team play live the last 2 weeks is it will be over by the middle of the 2nd Q.

Looking For Things To Do In The Area

Nov 10, 2015, 9:30 AM

I'm driving up from Philly Saturday and I will likely have my wife, 18 month old son, and a dog. My wife is not a football fan (artsy type), so she will probably drop me off at the game. Is there anything in the area to keep my family occupied for 5 hours?

Re: Looking For Things To Do In The Area

Nov 10, 2015, 9:42 AM

> I'm driving up from Philly Saturday and I will likely
> have my wife, 18 month old son, and a dog. My wife is
> not a football fan (artsy type), so she will probably
> drop me off at the game. Is there anything in the
> area to keep my family occupied for 5 hours?

Destiny...have her drop you off and tell her to go to Destiny.

Billy Beez is designed for younger kids

http://www.destinyusa.com/entertainment

Having the dog is probably a problem though...so I would suggest the Zoo or going to the Apple Orchard

http://beakandskiff.com/schedule.html

You are about 2 weeks to late to pick off the tree but there is still stuff to do.

Finally read through this... http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2015/01/syracuse-tailgate-and-visitors-guide-15.html

Nov 10, 2015, 9:50 AM

Geez...as if I wasn't hungry already, that makes me want to drive up to the game, just for the food. Sounds like a great tail-gaiting menu. Yum. :)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,888
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic