Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Five Questions for the Spring: Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Five Questions for the Spring: Offense

Feb 13, 2017, 1:13 PM

Five Questions for the Spring: Offense

When the Clemson football team took the field last spring, most of the questions were geared toward the defense and replacing all of the defensive starters that seemingly left in droves. For the defending National Champions, the script is flipped in 2017. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Five Questions for the Spring: Offense

Feb 13, 2017, 2:04 PM

DW4 was once a very quiet and a non verbal leader when he was a young starter at QB. But we're not talking about DW4 are we!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Defending National Champs" has a nice ring to it***

Feb 13, 2017, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: "Defending National Champs" has a nice ring to it***

Feb 13, 2017, 8:33 PM

just thinking the same.. "defending National Champions"

Re: "Defending National Champs" has a nice ring to it***

Feb 13, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to "Defending National Champs" has a nice ring to it*** ]

A nice ring comes with winning a National C'ship. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look for Tucker Israel or Kelly Bryant to step up and lead

Feb 13, 2017, 5:10 PM

This offense when they need a 1st down, big drive or just to put the game away by dominating the line of scrimmage.

Tucker's ability to be a gun slinger and throw with touch in tough situations will lead this offense when we need a big drive and for those teams that sell out to stop the pass Kelly Bryant will come in and give defenses more speed than they can handle between him and Feaster. To much speed and speed kills.

Go Tigers!!

I love Deon Cain and Hunter Renfrow to help also and along the OLine Crowder, Hyatt or Pollard could come forward as the leader that eats nails and kills chickens with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Tucker Israel (a surprise?)or Kelly Bryant(Wild Cat)

Feb 13, 2017, 9:22 PM

I think it will be Cooper with Kelly Bryant being a Wild Cat QB a few times a game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look for Tucker Israel or Kelly Bryant to step up and lead

Feb 13, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Look for Tucker Israel or Kelly Bryant to step up and lead ]

If Tucker doesn't see the field this year, he will transfer. I talked to him after the Syracuse game. He only played one possession in the blow out. He could start for most schools, but not getting the respect he deserves. He broke every Florida record there is. And a lot of good QBs have come from the sunshine state. ALOT. He shattered Tebows records. 99% sure he'll leave if he doesn't see the field.

I expect him to transfer, he would star at Coastal or

Feb 13, 2017, 10:39 PM

Charleston Southern. He is just too short to compete with our other qbs, however if he did RENFROW them, I would be pleased!

Feb 13, 2017, 6:27 PM

I like Fuller @ RB!
I love the OL being mostly intact. A former DL would have the mean/nasty streak you need in your C.
I look for Chalk to step up and be the starting TE. Kid is really good/fast/uses his body well.
I don't think there is a better WR group coming back top to bottom in the country!

If the new QB starter is accurate and makes the correct pre-snap reads I see no reason the Tigers are not a solid contender for the ACC championship again!
Venables must be beside himself to have 7 starters back after going the last few years basically starting over across the board. I mention that because; this defense may just be strong enough to hold most if not all our early season opponents down enough to get the win! Auburn is a bit scary. Louisville @ papa johns is scary; but they are losing some key guys as well. Yes, still have LJ but how good was he late in the season? New starters vs the Tigers early could lead to where they are over relying on him as their 2nd leading rusher behind LJ is gone. And top two receiving threats are gone!
I think the D carries us until everybody on offense gel's and become the explosive offense we have come accustomed to!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 6:33 PM

Why no mention of McCloud? He is a pretty good player imo. There is a few freshmen who will help also

Feb 13, 2017, 9:41 PM

Ray ray is the biggest disappointment we have ever recruited. Has never done one thing productive. Can't catch a punt, to light, no break out speed, showboat, fumbler, easily is brought down, etc. Should have never been a 5 star.

I have seen flashes, maybe he will mature this Spring?***

Feb 13, 2017, 10:44 PM

Whatttt???? Biggest EVER? No wonder you're sitting at 45%

Feb 14, 2017, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Five Questions for the Spring: Offense ]

Two words - Mike Bellamy.

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

Message was edited by: mikeyT®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatttt???? Biggest EVER? No wonder you're sitting at 45%

Feb 14, 2017, 3:32 PM

No Bellamy was just a straight thug with major skills. He could EASILY have been a star. Ray ray is a rich overrated kid with no skills. But not a thug

Feb 13, 2017, 6:53 PM

I fully expect Feaster to show out this next year. I bet he has learned that he has to be a blocker, and not just a little bit, and with his speed, he will be a phenom. JMO, but look out, and with Etienne coming as well, we are in for some special offensive performances on the ground these next few years, no matter who the QB is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Danny (Play the winfield scott music) have a stable

Feb 13, 2017, 6:58 PM

of backs one season (T. Flagler, et al)?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cain, Renfrow, TB's, OL & new QB will have to run show

Feb 13, 2017, 7:56 PM

Expect to be surprised. Fuller is rock solid and should be ready to lead Offense as part-time player. QB will be a leader but not THE leader. I look for a Feaster, Cain or Etienne to emerge as post-Watson go-to guys. Renfrow is also rock solid. Will Ray Ray go from enigma to star? Looking and hoping for Milan Richard and TE's to step up as pass catchers.

But Wilkins and his "oversize" personality will lead the Defense and team and hopefully he will continue to keep ego in check and be an "us" guy not a "me" guy in return to DT. Dex Lawrence will be who he is arguably the best player on the team and field in every game. This will be BV's and Defense's team. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2017, 11:56 PM

I think it's time for Feaster to turn on the jet's. He' going to be competing for the starting job against 2-3 good backs. Feaster got the number, now go be legendary.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic