Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look at the front page today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Look at the front page today

Mar 13, 2015, 11:00 AM

That should give you a clue as to why we have a long-term problem for Clemson basketball.

Eight months ago, the administration hinted about big plans for Littlejohn as well as every other athletic facility on campus. Littlejohn though was supposed to be the biggest transformation.

Here we are today, and we see that the football training facility gets additional funding and support while Littlejohn's project scope is trimmed yet again.

Folks, THIS is the problem.

None of the decisions made in the past few weeks reflect a commitment to building a top-level basketball program. While I am pleased that the administration has confidence in football and is willing to ensure its success, it is obvious that they do not have the same commitment to basketball.

If you are serious about wanting a top basketball program, then make the steps necessary to ensure that it happens. Get a coach with a proven track record in a BIG conference, fully commit to building/re-building the best arena and don't trim the budget, and demonstrate to fans, recruits, and boosters that the status quo is not acceptable.

I like Brad Brownell and think he's a class act and a good coach... just not at the ACC level. The talent and style of play on his teams (minus KJ McDaniels) has not been up to par. Do I believe he's a bad coach? Actually, no. Do I believe he has overachieved? In some ways, actually yes.

So why am I advocating a change? Because frankly, I don't see us getting any better anytime soon. The recruiting has been pedestrian, and with a renovated Littlejohn 20 months away, now would be the time to make a change. We demand excellence for our football program. We should demand the same for the one sport that our conference is best known for.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think

Mar 13, 2015, 11:05 AM

leaving the exterior walls and foundation as is, is not a big deal. The fact that we are completely gutting the inside is. The court will be turned in a new direction that allows the entire facility to be used for various basketball needs as well as new locker rooms and seating.

It is not an entirely new building but the inside will be completely brand new. I don't consider that trimming the plan, I think it makes sense. I definitely consider it a major construction project aimed at helping our program grow from where it is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Are they going to lower the rims too?***

Mar 13, 2015, 11:09 AM

null

Wider rims - somewhere between side of a barn and an ocean.***

Mar 13, 2015, 12:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually think

Mar 13, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I actually think ]

The problem is the outside is still going to be ugly with the rusted beams. Not a good first impression. I think if we were determined to be good a basketball we would have started from scratch. We could have built a brand new one with the amount money we have spent the last decade renovating LJ.

Are they going to...

Mar 13, 2015, 11:26 AM

revamp the entrance or have they give up on that as well?
Go Tigers!!

Re: Are they going to...

Mar 13, 2015, 11:32 AM

Outside is going to be about the same as before which is why I don't get why we are spending money on LJ itself. Why don't we just build the practice gyms and players facilities if we aren't going to make LJ any better. I bet within 10 years we will be starting another major renovation on LJ to fix stuff we screwed up again.

Hate to say it but...

Mar 13, 2015, 11:39 AM

you might very well be right. From the sketches I'd seen, I thought the work on the front entrance would be great. Just don't understand not doing that.
Makes me wonder if they really will take everything down to the exterior skin and rework the inside of LJ as now planned.
Go Tigers!!

Re: Look at the front page today

Mar 13, 2015, 11:37 AM

It's sad to say but this is just another patch job of LJ. I don't understand how the plan at cost cutting related to a SECOND patch job isn't causing more frustration. I'll bet in 10 years we will hear yet again that a THIRD patch job of whatever the "new" arena' name will be, is needed. Costing another 80 million. This is NOTHING that was talked about early in the process and yes! it is going to kill all of the "upgrades" to the interior of the building when people see the old rusted exterior still there, it's been ugly since 1968 and it's should be changed! Somebody with some authority needs to stop this second rate waste of millions!!! For once, the AD and BOT needs to put a priority on our basketball program and not just use this "new" arena as an example of cost cutting at it's worst!

Re: Look at the front page today

Mar 13, 2015, 11:57 AM

And to be completely honest sometimes you cant have it all...if having our football program where it is and where its looking like its headed ill take mediocre basketball...and anyone that says otherwise is being ignorant. Yes I would like to compete like we did in the Barnes and OP days but if it mean going back and taking money from football and having years like we did back then then H3LL NO!! I would much rather have a great football team than anything else. And baseball will get back on track once we get some new blood in here.

So the ppl that want it all and complain about basketball just think I mean when we lost to SCAR di anyone even talk trash? I know none of my friends do that went to USC..couple comments on facebook but nothing to even get heated about. I mean fact is the is football country and that comes first...as it should and if you think otherwise you should go buy some UNC, or CUSE gear. I don't like it but its bearable when you know we are spending to keep the football program going where it is and I am ok with finishing where we do in basketball in hopes we have a few good years every so often.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic