Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look at Rivals' Draft projects regardless of Class for DE's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Look at Rivals' Draft projects regardless of Class for DE's

Nov 13, 2019, 11:14 AM

Was surprised to see XT rated so high ,with the year he's had. We know what he'll be ,just surprised . What made me spit my coffee was who they compared him to LOL

Recruiting: It was believed South Carolina held a significant advantage in Thomas’ recruitment, but then Clemson made it 50-50 and then the Tigers started pulling ahead and Thomas made his commitment in the spring before his senior season. Many others were also involved but this always seemed like a South Carolina-Clemson battle.

Performance: In seven games this season, Thomas has 18 tackles (4.5 for loss) with two sacks and six quarterback hurries. He’s also recovered a fumble.

Comparison: Myles Murphy

Farrell’s take: I was a huge fan of Thomas out of high school and think he'll be an amazing NFL player while Murphy has some of the same intangibles. The only difference is whether Murphy is as physical as Thomas. But when it comes to power and burst off the line of scrimmage, both have what it takes to be great and Murphy will follow Thomas to Clemson.

https://n.rivals.com/news/top-five-nfl-prospects-at-de-regardless-of-class

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look at Rivals' Draft projects regardless of Class for DE's

Nov 13, 2019, 11:34 AM

I think thats fair to say, but that also the trouble of looking at just the stats. Thomas is in the backfield on most plays, whether he gets a hit or not. I think that goes unnoticed a lot.

Nov 13, 2019, 12:03 PM

Also of note, the comparison player for Chase Young is Jordan Burch. Hopefully we can get him as well!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 12:16 PM

Hopefully Burch becomes a Clemson Tiger. Adding Flowe and Burch to this class would be just beautiful.

Speaking of Chase Young, I hope my Dolphins pick him and Isiah Simm9both in the first round this year. Add in a WR like Tee or maybe get ETN, that would be an awes8draft for Miami. They have 3 first round picks this year and adding Young and Simmons both to Christian Wilkins last year, the defense would ha e some great pieces in place. They have to make a run for Trevor Lawrence next year. Give the starting job to Rosen next season and tank for Trevor.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic