Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,118

Jan 10, 2019, 1:02 PM

So the weak ACC went .500 or better in their bowl games with us winning 2 and the BC game getting cancelled.

When will the douches at ESPN quit calling the ACC a mediocre conference when the almighty SEC’s two best team got their arses handed to them?

Message was edited by: BeeTeeTiger

Message was edited by: BeeTeeTiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually the ACC was 6-5 and the SEC was 0.500***

Jan 10, 2019, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look, I would like to have some pride in our conference

Jan 10, 2019, 1:13 PM

but the rest of the ACC is pretty much a joke right now. Our second best team would be Syracuse??? Miami might actually show up next year, and if Fl. State could get out of their own dysfunctional way they could be decent but there is not one single team besides us that could even sniff the top 10.

Re: Look, I would like to have some pride in our conference

Jan 10, 2019, 1:20 PM

How is our conference so weak when we beat the other 2 undefeated teams like we did the schools in our conference?

Not trying to be argumentative, but I don’t see where your response has any levity.

Maybe we’re just that much better than everyone else in the country and the ACC is just as good as that other conference.

In most of those games we dominated over the other

Jan 10, 2019, 1:31 PM

ACC teams, we called off the dogs in the 3rd qtr and every at that the team Clemson was against Alabama was light years ahead of the team they were in say mid October so I honestly believe that has a little too do with it. Take us and Alabama out of the picture and put the next 5 top ACC teams against the next 5 in the SEC and I'M HOME the ACC would be lucky to get 2 wins. Like I said, just my opinion would I take any ACC team against Georgia. Wouldn't give any of them much of a chance against LSU or Florida either except maybe Cause if they played well.

Re: In most of those games we dominated over the other

Jan 10, 2019, 2:02 PM

Over the last 5 years (2013 - 2018), the ACC holds a winning record of 28 - 26 over the SEC. So the rest of the ACC need not forget that during that time, the Tigers are 12 - 3 while the rest of the ACC is 16 - 23. Its obvious Clemson is currently keeping the ACC respectful.

Message was edited by: saddis56

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Look, I would like to have some pride in our conference ]

Because the ACC is top heavier (1 team to rule all others) than any of the other Power 5. If we take little brother #2 ACC Syracuse and sic them on the #2 in any other conference I don't think they get it done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Look, I would like to have some pride in our conference ]

I know Syracuse does not carry the name that you want but with the exception of a road loss to Pitt the week after losing a close game to Clemson, Syracuse lost to Clemson and Notre Dame.

If they had played Pitt at home, they likely win that game and would only have 2 losses to top 4 teams.

VA Tech's starting QB had a season ending injury before the midway point in the season.

If Miami can produce an average offense they will be top 15 quickly.

If FSU can produce an average offensive line they will be top 15 quickly.

The perception this season was awful but changed a little during bowl season. The ACC is not far away from what it was just a couple of years ago when it was being discussed as possibly the seconds strongest conference in the country.

Syracuse, maybe but you mention Miami and FL. State

Jan 10, 2019, 1:37 PM

and I agree maybe they could be top 15 IF they get things corrected but this year, both were a joke. I just don't see any team stepping up to be that top level # 2 and #3 teams in the conference.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,118
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic