Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Brad Scott: Program has never been in better shape
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Football Update: Brad Scott: Program has never been in better shape

Oct 12, 2012, 9:56 AM

Brad Scott: Program has never been in better shape

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

woulda been nice if he had mentioned winning in there

Oct 12, 2012, 9:59 AM

Which, of course, we're doing too. But it's hard to say we're at the best place we've been in a while when we've lost to South Carolina three years in a row.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really hard to say

Oct 12, 2012, 10:11 AM

We are in the best place we have been in quite sometime and its not that hard to say that. Unfortunately, USUC just happens to be in the best place theyve been in ever as well. Both programs are on the rise and have programs that look on pace to post back to back 10 win seasons. Both programs could play in their respective conference championships (yes I realize we still need help). For us if we make it, it would be 3rd time in last 4 yrs. For them it would be 2nd time in 3 yrs.

Re: Not really hard to say

Oct 12, 2012, 1:05 PM

We are still under water vs the gamecocks in recruiting because of our very small class in 2008.
The dividends of that small class or in our red-shirt sophomores,
sophomores and fresman. We are now out recruiting Spurrier and if we keep it up we will break this streak... I do not know if we will this year... but I sure hope so.... I think this year's O is the best we have ever had, if the D continues to improve we can play with anybody.

Oct 13, 2012, 9:25 AM

In 2008 we had the #2 ranked recruiting class in America.

In 2009 we had 12 signees. Tajh was the star of that class.

Re: 2009

Oct 13, 2012, 9:03 PM

And Tajh is still the bright light shining from that class

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is the last time we beat a legit team? I can't recall.***

Oct 13, 2012, 9:07 PM [ in reply to woulda been nice if he had mentioned winning in there ]

you guys beat a good uga team last week

Oct 13, 2012, 9:20 PM

Clemson beat future, BCS game at large, VT twice last year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Brad Scott: what does he do at Clemson

Oct 12, 2012, 10:12 AM

I like him and I know he has lots of recruiting contacts. What do they have him working on these days though. His new job duties are a bit of a mystery to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2012, 10:30 AM

He is high school relations I believe. So he gets to utilize all of his recruiting contacts without taking visits. Honestly I couldn't think of a better position for him.

null

Oct 12, 2012, 11:32 AM

Thanks. That helps explain things. Given what Jeff does they probably work very well together

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Brad Scott: Program has never been in better shape

Oct 12, 2012, 11:04 AM

At the end of the day football is about winning but this is also college. The coaches are trying to win games while also trying to mold these young men, turn them into good fathers, husbands, brothers, sons, uncles, friends, or whatever. You have to look at the big picture sometimes too. I think we have a great combination of guys with brains and character as well as talent and ability.

3 coaches combine to make $4 million, we need to be

Oct 13, 2012, 9:10 PM

winning the big games, but we are not.

Long term we are in better shape than the beacon of

Oct 12, 2012, 12:29 PM

public education down the road. Their coveted sec will keep them from ever being a consistent player. UF or UGA will always be better in the long term, which pretty much keeps them out of contention for anything. Clemson, in addition to all of the nice things mentioned by Scott, also will be competing for championships for the next few years at least.

Re: Long term we are in better shape than the beacon of

Oct 13, 2012, 8:59 AM

Better shape.What teams have you been watching?
Their football team actually had a better record(11-2) last season than ours(10-4),plus a three game winning streak ,all by double digits.Granted we won the ACC Championship,but overall they actually finished the season ranked higher than us.
Their basketball team have won the last two meetings between us.Sure we made the Big dance,but again we were one and done.At least they got back to back NIT Championships this decade.
And let's not forget their back to back CWS Championships(plus a second place finish last year) and a winning record against us the past two seasons as well.Did we even make Omaha in those three seasons? I don't recall!
Yes,they may not be a consistent player in the SEC,but right now I'd say they own us!
Oh,and when we win a championship in any other sport beside football,let me know.

Re: Long term we are in better shape than the beacon of

Oct 13, 2012, 12:13 PM

I will have to give USC crediit. THEY OWN US in the area of having NCCA investigators on campus. THE fact that they could do so much with so little damage speaks volumes!!

I wouldn't go that far. Maybe in his 11 seasons. No...

Oct 13, 2012, 9:02 AM

mention of on field performance in that statement???

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are a LONG way from the 80s.***

Oct 13, 2012, 9:11 PM

APRs & AP final poll ranks similar to Bowden's latter years.***

Oct 13, 2012, 11:13 AM

Oct 13, 2012, 12:15 PM

Has he seen our defense.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Oct 13, 2012, 9:10 PM

I really don't think he was just talking about yards, first downs, and complete passes.I think he was refering to the total program, and the track it's on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he's wrong.***

Oct 13, 2012, 9:12 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic