Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lol lol only in America
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Lol lol only in America

Sep 28, 2017, 10:08 PM

: )

https://instagram.com/p/BZcXbozH187/

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol lol only in America

Sep 29, 2017, 12:41 AM

I'm new here, but I respect and admire the veterans that fought for this country, most volunteered, going in early. If you need to take a knee, please do it on the interstate, you are setting a bad example for my son. Don't mess with his dreams.

Sep 29, 2017, 12:59 AM

The players kneeling respect he military in fact most military support the players .

All of our players are for sure with it. Take that and shove it where the sun don’t shine

Sep 29, 2017, 1:00 AM

I’ve not heard one player come out and say they don’t respect the military. People trying to change what the peaceful protest is getting real old

Sep 29, 2017, 1:01 AM

And as far as free speech is concerned and peaceful protest, hate speech should or rallies not be tolerated.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

Not to be argumentative at all, but I would say that your statement that most of the military supports the players and kneeling is likely way off. Some? Absolutely, we call those our 10%ers. However I can absolutely tell you that none of my Marines I'm still in contact with are in favor of this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 1:34 AM

I agree, if this country had a mandatory 2 or 4 year service like some countries, we would not be having this conversation. Free speech only goes so far.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:59 AM

> I agree, if this country had a mandatory 2 or 4 year
> service like some countries, we would not be having
> this conversation. Free speech only goes so far.

Really? Conscription and limits on free speech. Does that sound like freedom and the principles the country was founded on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 2:21 AM

Back years ago, I thought, somebody asked, not what my country can do for me, but what can I do for my country. Maybe you don't live by that dream, yours is what can I get from you.

freedom? try not baking a gay wedding cake and see what happens.

Sep 29, 2017, 3:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

the Left has learned the magic words of labeling what they don't like as "hate" or making them "feel unsafe." and then using that to try and prohibit anything they don't agree with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 29, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

It wouldn't be conscription if EVERYONE participated knowing from the day you're born it's a RESPONSIBILITY to insure our freedom. There are too many people in this country who have no "skin in the game." Retired and active duty military and taxpayers do.

Sep 29, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

It wouldn't be conscription if EVERYONE participated knowing from the day you're born it's a RESPONSIBILITY to insure our freedom. There are too many people in this country who have no "skin in the game." Retired and active duty military and taxpayers do.

Yes "free speech" does have limits. You can't incite violence or yell "Fire!!" In a crowded theater for instance.

There is a rule in the NFL rule book also that requires players to stand for the anthem. It hasn't been enforced. Any organization can "limit free speech" by evoking specific requirements which are agreed to voluntarily by those who join. Penalties including fines, suspensions and up to dismissal may be enforced (source: Washington Post)

Sep 29, 2017, 12:51 PM

"There is a rule in the NFL rule book also that requires players to stand for the anthem. It hasn't been enforced. Any organization can "limit free speech" by evoking specific requirements which are agreed to voluntarily by those who join. Penalties including fines, suspensions and up to dismissal may be enforced (source: Washington Post)"

#FAKENEWS

The 2017 NFL Operations manual says NOTHING about players standing at attention, kneeling, sitting, doing back flips, etc., during the playing of the anthem, ONLY that they must be on the field.

This BS was going around FB, it's fake, and it's amazing how many people lapped it up without even bothering to verify it. On Tuesday I heard it regurgitated on Fox News no fewer than 3 times. Amazing. Well, not surprising Fox News passed on BS information, but whatever.

http://www.snopes.com/must-nfl-players-stand/

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2017/09/facebook_post_citing_nfl_playe.html

Link to the 2017 Rule Book (NFL Operations Manual)

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/

Message was edited by: RFloyd90®

i have heard that about the nba***

Sep 29, 2017, 1:09 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Double lol

Sep 29, 2017, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

Go read Fields of Fire, it'd still be the same people fighting. If you have the money or are just that against serving, you'll find a doctor to sign off on your foot ouchies and get you out of it

Sep 29, 2017, 4:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

If only we could ask the black marines/army/navy on the front lines and back lines of WW2 how they feel about the subject

You know, they came back to a country that wasn’t still heavily racist or anything like that ..

Sep 29, 2017, 8:19 AM

How about we ask Asian Americans that were persecuted during and after WW2?

Somehow they've built a bridge and gotten over it.

Law enforcement and Asian Americans don't have much of a problem, perhaps it's because Asian Americans treat LE with the same respect that they would expect to receive?

If you set out every day to be offended you will not be disappointed.
Same thing with persecution, the bad apples of any race will cast a dark shadow over their own kind.
It's up to the good people OF ANY RACE to disparage that perception.
Certainly the vast majority of blacks do not support this whole BLM BS, yet the sensationalist news media continue to feed disparity into this subject constantly for ad copy and income.

This same group fought for civil rights and to remove segregation.
I'm all for that, yet this same group intentionally segregates themselves.
BET, The Black Miss USA Pageant, The Congressional Black Caucus, etc...
So which is it, do they want to be viable and equal members of society?
Or do they want to play the poor persecuted minority that society enables and holds to a lessor standard?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably explains why Asian Americans are not targeted.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:00 AM

They do not cause disproportionate crime.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

#### of a post. +1.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

wait, wut? Did you just attempt to draw a parallel between mistreatment of Asian Americans to 240+ years of mistreatment of blacks in this country?

Sep 29, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

I did ask them because I commanded them in my platoon in Viet Nam. Nine of my 26 Marines were black and although one or two caused a few problems, just as several of my white Marines, they fought hard, did their jobs and were great men who respected our flag and country. Probably my best Marine was a young PFC from Orangeburg named James Keith ........ Simply outstanding.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:40 AM

I should have mentions that PFC Keith was African-American.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

Where is the data showing that most of the military is okay with it? Where is the data showing all of our players are okay with it? Not saying you're wrong, just want to see you back up your assertions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 1:40 AM

I know my uncle was not happy about it after 2 tours, Vietnam. No respect when go home.

Sep 29, 2017, 2:48 AM

Students now days have never talked to their uncles or grandparents about war. They just hear it off news. They need to go to nursing home to learn the facts. There are women that lost husband's, daughters & sons working for the war.

Sep 29, 2017, 7:03 AM

I doubt you just made that up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 8:08 AM

Nope- it a fact. Everyone under 20 years old has been prohibited from speaking to their ex-military uncles and widowed aunts. I think it's a low.

#TheMoreYouKnow

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 4:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

What’s 10% vs 20 vs 30 vs 40. No one knows the real number, but by politically correct logical American terms , if one Highly ranked and respected official//Sargent/seal/marine says it’s ok , that speaks volumes. Doesn’t even have to be a Sargent rAnk to have respect for opinion .

As far as are players are concerned, don’t be stupid. You can be if you want to, I’m just telling you how it is. I’m mixed, I have above par anecdotal evidence on the general opinions of the subject . I assure you they are all the same

Would not surprise me one bit to see one of our fellow 18 pledges lock arms with a certain 19 hopeful flip.

Sep 29, 2017, 6:24 AM

You guys still don't get it. THis has nothing do with oppression or police brutality or social injustices. It is simply a protest against the President. PRESIDENT Trump NEVER called all the NFL players SOBs. As usual, his words were taken out of context and used against him. Protest all you want to. It's the "cool thing" to do these days against the duly elect President. It's what liberals do and it's getting old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 7:55 AM

That's an interesting claim, especially since this protest began 4 months before Trump was elected, and 6 months before he was inaugurated.

Sep 29, 2017, 8:12 AM

You're speaking of the millionaire Kap, I'm talking about the rest that are doing it for no other reason than to protest the president. Funny how that works, huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2017, 9:50 AM

You are indeed correct. Kaepernick started this off as a protest against the flag and the false narrative regarding police violence against blacks. Then he doubled down by wearing the tee shirt with Fidel Castro on it and the police/pig socks.

The truth is that the ratio of blacks involved in police shootings is about the same per capita as those of whites, except when a white person is involved, it does not make the national news and sensationalized by the media. So basically either these protests are based on the same false narrative that started in Ferguson or something else, which I believe is a continuation of the effort to discredit the presidential election and Trump.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:53 AM

Yup, pretty much the same temper tantrum that started on election night.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

"The truth is that the ratio of blacks involved in police shootings is about the same per capita as those of whites"

Link to that?

This analysis of officer involved shootings by the Guardian (I know, since it's not Fox News/Breitbart/Infowars right wingers are going to scream "FAKE NEWS! but whatever) would seem to indicate, in 2016 at least, police shot roughly 2X as many blacks as they did whites on a per capita basis.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

Sep 29, 2017, 10:26 AM

Did you click the "Total" tab? 574 white people were killed, compared to 266 black people.

Per capita the Native Americans have much more of a grip than anyone else.

That being said, the real issue here should be the big number to the left, 1,093. The breakdowns shouldn't be the issue because there should not be 3 people killed by police per day. Obviously the number will never be 0 just due to the simple fact we do have criminals, etc. But it's not out of the realm of possibility for that to be cut in half.

Also, and this doesn't really matter I guess, but the number of African Americans killed in 2016 was a decrease of 41 from 2015, while white Americans killed only decreased by 10.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:30 AM

"total" means nothing. Per capita is the important number.... the rate of occurrence as a percentage of population.

Do you even math, man? LOL

Sep 29, 2017, 10:43 AM

Yes I do math, guy, and know what per capita means.

Why is per capita the important number? Because you say so? Because the news does?

I love how that is what you took out of my post when I mentioned that all people being killed by cops should be decreased. You know, true unity as AMERICANS.

But you keep spouting off your gibberish and making reasons for hate and division.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:59 AM

Why does it matter? Because it's the rate of occurrence that matters, which indicates the likelihood of an event occurring. That's why the hell it matters.

The fact that total number of occurrences has decreased is great news. It does NOT indicate that a problem does not still exist. To imply such is ignorant and naïve.

Sep 29, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

Your unwillingness to admit there is a problem is EXACTLY why there is such hate and division.

A man tries to call attention to a problem and folks come up with a BS reason to condemn him in order to avoid talking about the real problem.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

I probably should have left off "per capita", as technically that would not be correct. The reports and articles that I have read take into consideration the crime rate among blacks as compared to whites. In terms of raw numbers about twice as many whites are killed by cops per year as blacks. Of course, the vast majority of those killed were justified, and if that is the case, the race should not make any difference.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:41 AM

The other issue is the publicized cases where there were no charges brought after an unarmed man was shot or otherwise killed, or an officer loses his job when the investigation concludes it wasn't a good shooting but he gets very little in the way of punishment. It creates a perception that LEO's don't operate by the same laws and sentencing guidelines when found guilty that civilians are subject to.

Sep 29, 2017, 4:01 PM

Correct! Any unjustified killing of someone by a cop ought to be, black or white, ought to be scrutinized and handled in the courts as a criminal offense. On the other hand, due to the increased publicity, there are a lot of law enforcement agencies and individual officers that are merely avoiding calls in certain areas of large cities. I guess the cops charged in the Baltimore death of a young black man is probably the best example of where the cops eventually just decided to ignore call from certain districts.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

"You're speaking of the millionaire Kap, I'm talking about the rest that are doing it for no other reason than to protest the president. Funny how that works, huh."

Funny thing is Kaepernick started his protest and other than a few mentions, it was largely ignored. For weeks, until Trump blew it up during one of his rallies. And continued to use it as red meat for his base..... and here we are. A guy with a protest that was largely being ignored, until Cheeto Hitler made him a major news story.... Kaep should thank The Orange One, were it not for him no one would be talking about this protest right now.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:12 AM

If you think it was largely ignored then you're a moron that has been duped by the left.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:24 AM

Bless your ignorant little heart. Kaep started his protest on Aug 14th. It didn't get very much attention AT ALL from the media, ESPECIALLY not compared to the coverage it's getting now, until Trump made it a point to rail against it on Aug 26th. Son, those are called facts. And I'm no ######### liberal, I voted for every Republican candidate for almost 30 years, until we nominated this ignorant lying con man. I happily pulled the lever for the Libertarian candidate, and would do so again.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:40 AM

Bless your dumb little brain. Kaep started his protest on August 14th, but wasn't in uniform for the first two games. During the game with Green Bay he was in uniform and that's when the story picked up.

Trump made it a point to "rail against it" after being called "openly racist" by Kaep. That being said, his protest started to become a little misguided after he wore a t-shirt with Fidel Castro on it, as well as socks that had pigs in police costumes. If you want respect there are certain ways to get it, but the way Kaep handled the whole situation certainly wasn't correct.

Also, I love the stories about Kaep saying he would now stand for the national anthem as "his message got out." In other words, he lost his job and wants to have another one.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:54 AM

What the F does him being in uniform have to do with his protest? He was with his team, on the sidelines.

His statement to the media on Aug 26th: "After the game Kaepernick tells reporters: "I'm going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed. To me, this is something that has to change. When there's significant change and I feel that flag represents what it's supposed to represent, and this country is representing people the way that it's supposed to, I'll stand."

"This stand wasn’t for me. This is because I’m seeing things happen to people that don’t have a voice, people that don’t have a platform to talk and have their voices heard, and effect change. So I’m in the position where I can do that and I’m going to do that for people that can’t."

"It's something that can unify this team. It's something that can unify this country. If we have these real conversations that are uncomfortable for a lot of people. If we have these conversations, there's a better understanding of where both sides are coming from."

"I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. That’s not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. That’s something that’s not happening. I’ve seen videos, I’ve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they fought have for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right."

Maybe you can provide a link to his statement about Trump.

Also, a few days later (Sept 1), after his discussions with Boyer, a former Green Beret, on changing his protest so as to not show disrespect to the military or flag (not that it stopped the Trumpanzee from concocting that narrative) "Kaepernick explains after the game he spoke with former Green Beret and brief Seahawks' long-snapper Nate Boyer and after their discussion decided to shift from sitting to taking a knee during the anthem.

Kaepernick explains, "We were talking to [Boyer] about how can we get the message back on track and not take away from the military, not take away from fighting for our country, but keep the focus on what the issues really are. And as we talked about it, we came up with taking a knee. Because there are issues that still need to be addressed and it was also a way to show more respect to the men and women who fight for this country."

Kaepernick later announces his plan to donate $1 million to charities that focus on racial issues"

Wrong!!! Actual transcript of Trump's statement:

Sep 29, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

"Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a ##### off the field right now, out, he’s fired!’ You know, some owner is going to do that. He’s gonna say, ‘That guy disrespects our flag, he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’re friends of mine, many of them. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person, for a week. They’ll be the most popular person in the country."

Re: Wrong!!! Actual transcript of Trump's statement:

Sep 29, 2017, 9:47 AM

Sooo...it seems like he didn't call all the NFL players sons of #######, which is what the poster you responded to said.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:32 AM

who the hell else would he have been referring to if not to the players? The janitors? ####.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:44 AM

The players kneeling, which are not ALL the players.

Do you even read, man?

Sep 29, 2017, 11:03 AM

OK, he didn't call ALL the players SOB's. You think it's still acceptable for him to call the ones engaging in peaceful, silent protest a bunch of SOB's? This same guy who referred to "some of" the Nazis and KKK at Charlottesville as "very fine people?"

You think it's acceptable for him to call American citizens exercising their 1st Amendment rights a bunch of SOB's? How 'bout you take a copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and put them on the floor, and #### all over them.

Sep 29, 2017, 11:56 AM

I'm not pissing on their 1st Amendment rights, they have the freedom of speech.

However, and the part that people so often don't understand is, I have that very same right! Furthermore, it allows me to disagree with them! Finally, you can say whatever the hell you want to, but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences to said statements/protests!

It's really amazing, huh?

Sep 29, 2017, 12:04 PM

Absolutely you have the same right. Boycott, don't watch, don't buy their gear. More power to ya.

Their employer doesn't currently have a problem with it, and it looks like (with a lot of help from Cheeto Hitler) their message has been heard and is now being discussed. Oddly, they were helped by the person who likely violated federal law in order to demand their firing for expressing their 1A rights.

The hilarious thing is you, and a lot of folks, have the misguided notion that their protest was somehow disrespectful to the flag and even more ridiculously to the military, but that's par for the course today.... some people have comprehension problems.

It is what it is.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

So if one person agrees with your viewpoint - that completely invalidates the other 99% who disagree? Sounds like liberal logic to me. The only volume it speaks is about the individual.

Please quit hiding behind veterans.

Sep 29, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

The thought of denying someone their right to peaceful protest is much more offensive to me than what you choose to do during the national anthem. You're more than welcome to send a care package, donate to the Fisher House, or write your congressman to fix the VA if you want to show how much you support Veterans.

https://medium.com/@VetsForKaep/an-open-letter-of-support-for-colin-kaepernick-from-american-military-veterans-cda9bffb764c

Re: Please quit hiding behind veterans.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:10 PM

Thank you for your service, and thank you for your post. :salute:

Also, an ironic point to add, the above photo illustrates a common practice that is in itself a violation of the US Flag Code, and this "disrespectful" to the flag.

Section 176, US Flag Code
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

"Them there privileged players are disrespecting muh flag!!!"

Actually sir, for your statement to be even close to accurate, you'd need to add they're disrespecting your disrespect of the flag.

:)

Re: Please quit hiding behind veterans.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:18 PM

And a lot of 'Publicans want this clown to run for Congress.

Section 176 Respect for Flag
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Sep 29, 2017, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

> The players kneeling respect he military in fact most
> military support the players .

Ummm no, most military don't support the players or this form of protest. Perhaps take a jaunt on over to the USAA facebook page or community forums (USAA caters to military community and supports the NFL) and you will see the vast majority do not support the kneeling during the National Anthem.

There is a time and place to protest and raise social awareness - during honors to the nation is not one of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen tabbyplague® and thanks for your service!!***

Sep 29, 2017, 8:21 AM

Sep 29, 2017, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

It gets really bad when our so called roll models effect our sons & daughters, asked why they are kneeling, they did it on tv last week. Believe there will be no pro sports in my house no more.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:26 AM

Maybe you should teach your kids on WHY they're protesting. Teach your kids on police brutality because it can happen to any of us, black, white, brown, purple it doesn't matter.. instead of pushing false narratives down your kids throat that these players are disrespecting the flag and Military teach them the REAL reason why they're protesting.

Honestly if you still think this protest is disrespectful to the flag, that says a lot about who you are and what you stand for and the real color's are starting to show.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:50 AM

Maybe he can raise his children however he would like to, because you know, freedoms and all.

Players can protest if they would like to, and that poster can have his own opinion about the situation, because freedom.

Honestly, there are millions of Americans who think this protest is disrespectful to the flag, this country, the military, etc. and guess what, that's alright because freedom.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:54 AM

Just like there are millions of veterans who have no problem with a peaceful protest against police brutality. Idk about you two, but I wouldn't lie to my kids to fit my narrative. I'll tell them the truth about what's going on in America.

Hate is taught, don't forget that.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:05 AM

And you can raise your kids how you see fit.

That being said, how in the hell would him not having pro sports on in his home due to the peaceful protest, which doesn't really do much for any of the issues by the way, teach his child to hate African Americans? If you honestly believe that then that's a much bigger issue in my opinion.

As far as "what's going on in America," you or I do not know a quarter of what actually goes on because we have to get our news from media outlets that are incredibly slanted to one side or the other.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:25 AM

I'm done with this man. Never ending argument with you guys. It's a peaceful protest against police brutality, it's not hurting anybody. They're not looting and rioting in the streets they're being peaceful and people STILL DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT. That right there proves a lot to me, to anyone that's ignoring what they're protesting and trying to make it about the flag your wrong in so many ways. Period.

I'm not gonna touch the race stuff you brought up. You can have that.

Sep 29, 2017, 10:47 AM

Yup, I think you missed the points completely, or just don't want to hear another side you don't agree with. That's the actual problem.

Sep 29, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

Millions of veterans support this huh? Umm, ok. As one of my old Drill Instructors was famous for saying, "It's your story, tell it how you like."

Sep 29, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

Don't waste your time. Just because he saw or heard one military member (likely one of those we referred to a chit-bags) say they support the kneeling, so that means in his mind that MOST of the military supports this nonsense.

Respect your opinion even if you are wrong.***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol lol only in America ]

Sep 29, 2017, 7:50 AM

Those of us who are tired of the disrespectful "kneelers" still have a choice. We can stop supporting them and their self-serving ways. I choose to boycott everything NFL, NBA, and any sponsors of those ANTI-AMERICAN groups. As rich as they are, and as unhappy as they are, why do they even want to remain in a country where they feel that they are not treated fairly?

BTW: I am still hoping Lebron James champions AFFIRMATIVE ACTION in the NBA since he is demanding "EQUALITY". Man up Lebron - Plead for the NBA to have as many WHITE players as BLACK players in every game. 3 first half, 2 second half or vice-versa - or - 5 first half, 0 second half. We can work that out after you man up "King" Black Supremacist. We can promote the same idea for the NFL. 6 first half, 5 second half or vice-versa. WHITE people should boycott every NBA and NFL team that does not promote "EQUALITY" of the races.

Wah - wah - wah.

i dont really care for the kneeling

Sep 29, 2017, 8:45 AM

but at least its kneeling and not sitting. Some players sit on the bench and that I don't agree with at all. Eric Reid who started protesting with Kaep when this all began indicated to Kaep that its better to take a knee than to sit. Kaep after that started kneeling. Reid and Kaep sought the advice of a former Vet which prompted them to start kneeling.

I personally will always stand no matter what but I have no problem with them kneeling.

STANDING > KNEELING > SITTING

Re: i dont really care for the kneeling

Sep 29, 2017, 9:29 AM

Nate Boyer a former NFL player and veteran was the one to persuade Colin to take a knee instead of sitting. Boyer said soilders kneel before the flag at the funerals of other soilders, it's not disrespectful at all and I just wish people would understand that.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:18 AM

Wait. How did we get from guys kneeling for the anthem to disrespect for the military? I disagree with the gesture, but I also do not conflate patriotism with prearranged performance art at gatherings. Do you really think other countries require shows of patriotism at sporting events? In England, say, do they require a raising of the Union Jack and God Save the Queen at soccer matches? I believe our republic is strong enough to deal with non- violent protests. I may dissagree with the method, but maybe, just maybe, we should consider the substance of the protest and not the offense to a symbol, which is inanimate and by its nature suffers no offense. In you we brought up in the South, and at some point kept your eyes open, you know there is substance to their grievances. This claptrap is being spoon fed by Russians and white nationalist. who are more than happy to keep us all in divisive tribal resentments. Wake up folks. There, I'm happy to drop politics on this board if y'all are.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:31 AM

Well said. Thank you.

I bet this guy sits on his ### with a beer in hand

Sep 29, 2017, 10:47 AM

when the NFL does the anthem.

Murica! Not sure if that's legit or he's trying to nail

Sep 29, 2017, 10:57 AM

as many stereotypes as possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The American Flag doesn't stand for the military.

Sep 29, 2017, 5:33 PM

It stands for the country. Since when did the flag become synonymous with the military?

I find it interesting how the White House has moved the conversation away from what the protesters are actually protesting and a fake issue involving the flag.

And for that matter, the National Anthem is not synonymous with the flag either.

Kind of odd that Trump dodged the draft....

Sep 30, 2017, 8:02 AM

and trash talked POW's, but he wants to question these guys. It's an all act though. He knows what his base will fall for.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic