Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas Tech story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Texas Tech story

Nov 13, 2018, 8:56 PM

Well.......sorta. So I was in Lubbock today and I was having lunch at a local mom & pop restaurant. The table next to me was 6 local men, I’d guess the age range was 60-70. They’re sitting 6-8 ft from me and the place wasn’t very busy, so I can hear their conversation easily. Here’s the point. I listened to these fully grown men, have a 15 minute conversation about “the masked rider” riding a horse into the stadium. I just thought it was incredibly strange. Sounded like a conversation you might hear 8 yr olds engaged in. I guess they’re not football fans, they just like horses and costumes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas Tech story

Nov 13, 2018, 10:12 PM

TU for surviving Lubbock and not aggravating the old timers with jokes about masked men and horses!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Living in Texas The Kids at High School Always Say

Nov 13, 2018, 10:22 PM

Texas Tech.....Guns Up....Grades Down. You pretty much only go to Lubbock to party and if you don't stay drunk and party there is no way you will not go crazy in Lubbock. A self fulfilling prophecy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Living in Texas The Kids at High School Always Say

Nov 13, 2018, 11:07 PM

During my working days I used to go to Lubbock quite often. Would usually arrive on a late night flight. The car rental agency was always closed at the hour upon my arrival and they would leave the keys and info re location, color and other info on where the car was located. One night I arrived during a freezing rain. The car could be unlocked only by inserting the key in the door. There was so much ice on the car I could not insert the key. I had to walk back to the terminal to get some sort of tool so I could chip off the ice. I had no umbrella or raincoat so was getting soaked and freezing. When finally able to insert the key and get in the car, I had to start up and wait about 30 - 45 minutes to deice the windshield, There was an ice scraper in the glove compartment so used it to scrape the windows. The windows would refreeze as fast as I scraped off the ice. Needless to say, the Welcome Wagon was not there to assist me.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Living in Texas The Kids at High School Always Say

Nov 13, 2018, 11:59 PM

I'm not even going to tell about how I had to walk to school with the sole of my shoe flopping and the cardboard I had stuck in my shoe wearing out due to the heavy rain and snow mixed. Oh wait...

Re: Texas Tech story

Nov 13, 2018, 10:30 PM

Sounds pretty scary.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic