Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Coaches Cannot Be Fired.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Clemson Coaches Cannot Be Fired.

Mar 1, 2014, 10:48 AM

You can't fire Dabo with the ridiculous $20 mil plus buyout.

You can't fire Jack, he wins too much.

You can't fire Brad, he beats the Coots.

You can't fire the women's basketball coach, or the rowing coach, because who cares?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Coaches Cannot Be Fired.

Mar 1, 2014, 10:56 AM

Who do you want to fire?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except we fired our last women's

Mar 1, 2014, 11:28 AM

hoops coach and this one is in her first year, so yes we can fire coaches

Apr 16, 2014, 3:04 PM

There are people who care the rowing coach never gets fired and the women basketball team stinks. If football is the only sport that matters at Clemson, then the school should just stop pretending and come clean and admit they really don't care about women's sports. It's a shame for the athletes that attend Clemson that don't play football because they are treated like second class citizens and demoralized.

Is that you Lukeb81???

Apr 16, 2014, 3:09 PM

New screen name?

Tell'em Coot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you referring to USuCk?

Apr 16, 2014, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Coaches Cannot Be Fired. ]

Bc now that your women's Bball team is winning everyone is jumping on board? Coots are so desperate for winning teams they would gladly all tell you they love women's cricket if y'all had a team and were good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you referring to USuCk?

May 18, 2014, 7:26 PM

Clemson PLEASE get the women's sport programs together, it's 2014 not 1974. Can't believe things are worse now for women's sports at Clemson then they were 40 years ago. It's pathetic.

Just because those athletic events are not convenient

May 18, 2014, 7:29 PM

for you doesn't mean people do not care or are not entertained by them.

I cannot afford to attend all women's sporting events but I do enjoy viewing pictures of women in Clemson uniforms, regardless of specific sport.

So there.

Bring on teh softball & field hockey!

This is a joke right?

May 18, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Are you referring to USuCk? ]

We have a top ten football program and arguably the best baseball program in the land. You may not like it, but thems is facts.

Re: This is a joke right?

May 19, 2014, 6:50 AM

Just stop it. I know you said "arguably" but you aren't the defending national champions, you aren't ranked number 1, and while you are the last you are not the first team to win two national titles in baseball, you're not even the first to win back to back in baseball - in fact, of teams that have ever won a national championship in baseball more have won two or more than have won one. And you got there because you spent an almost unprecedented sum of money for a non-revenue sport because you were sick and tired of Clemson kicking your teeth in at everything. Remember when Carolina Stadium was approved old Spurrier wasn't getting it done against us either. You certainly weren't going to get rid of him. So $30 million on baseball was a Hail Mary to be relevant at something. It worked. But it stemmed entirely from your little brother syndrome and this person you are replying to was dead on. He didn't need to make up women's cricket because you guys already pretend to give a sh*t about equestrian around here in Columbia and it isn't even a real ncaa sport. If Clemson fans were cut from the same cloth as Carolina fans you'd hear us go on about air rifles and bass fishing.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fail

May 19, 2014, 9:59 AM

Outside of FSU, name one program that has been consistently as good as SC since 2000? SC has won 40 games for 15 straight seasons. We have 17 straight seasons of a winning record in the SEC (tops in the SEC - 2nd longest streak is Vandy at 5). We've had 4 national championship appearances and won two of them in this same period.

No we are not number one RIGHT NOW, but were for several weeks this season and we are most likely a top 8 national seed. Get your head out of the sand.

Re: Fail

May 19, 2014, 10:28 AM

You need to stop, he already game, set, matched you. All you are doing now is illustrating the point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fail

May 19, 2014, 10:57 AM

Pretty sure it is the opposite.

Little brother syndrome is strong in this one.***

May 19, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Fail ]

Re: Little brother syndrome is strong in this one.***

May 19, 2014, 10:58 AM

When in doubt, say rival fan has little brother syndrome. Well played.

Hate to break the news to you

May 18, 2014, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Coaches Cannot Be Fired. ]

But women's sports are and athletes are treated like second class citizens (from an athletic perspective) just about everywhere. Heck even at Tennessee where the women's b-ball team sells thousands of tickets to every game are second class when compared to football. That is also the case in pretty mch every high school in the land. Clemson is no different than anyplace else. I say the as both a female and an athlete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to break the news to you

May 18, 2014, 8:26 PM

good post.. IMHO all the sports other than football and men`s baskb do not get what those 2 get because those 2 generate the $$$ that pay for all the others..I don`t think any athlete should be treated any way but properly but $$ drive the entire athletic dept...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2014, 7:31 PM

Can we fire you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRE WWS!!!***

May 18, 2014, 8:29 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: FIRE WWS!!!***

May 18, 2014, 11:19 PM

I've been to schools all over the country where they respect womens athletics and games are well attended and supported. Volleyball, lacrosse, rowing and softball all have supporters at big D1 schools. Clemson athletic department sets the tone for the way the womens teams are treated by hiring crummy coaches and quietly not supporting (or caring) about what happens or goes on.

Uhhh, you sure did read a lot into "FIRE WWS!!!"***

May 19, 2014, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Uhhh, you sure did read a lot into "FIRE WWS!!!"***

May 19, 2014, 10:21 PM

Wow you are so clever. Thanks for keeping the conversation going. You must be a real show stopper at a party.

FIRE WWS!!!

May 19, 2014, 7:08 AM [ in reply to FIRE WWS!!!*** ]

Kramer: What did you want to see me about, Mr. Leland?
Mr. Leland: Kramer, I've been reviewing your work. Quite frankly, it stinks.
Kramer: Well,I've been having trouble at home and, uh, I'll work harder. Nights, weekends, whatever it takes.
Mr. Leland: No, no, I don't think that's going to do it. These reports you handed in, it's almost as if you have no business training at all. I don't know what this is supposed to be.
Kramer: Well, I'm just trying to get ahead.
Mr. Leland: I'm sorry, there's just no way that we can keep you on.
Kramer: But I don't even really work here.
Mr. Leland: That's what makes this so difficult....
--"Seinfeld" (NBC)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Seinfeld and Kramer

May 19, 2014, 9:00 AM

One of my favorites! POINT!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic