Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Little League Game Management
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Little League Game Management

Nov 13, 2016, 10:10 PM

Does our HC or OC know that if you have an 11 point lead with under 4 minutes left in the game there is a 95% plus chance of winning the game. I listened to their comments to the press and neither one is man enough to say, "hey, we really screwed up down there on the goal line". Calling a pass play in that situation is totally insane and it's the kind of thing that will get you beat even if you are better than your opponent!!! Oh, that's right, it did get us beat. I'm hoping somebody out there can explain to me why it would make any logical football sense not to run it twice , keep the cloak moving and either score a td or have a chip shot field goal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Little League Game Management

Nov 13, 2016, 10:14 PM

If it works he is a genius and if it does not work then he is an idiot. Can't do both. Have to choose one. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

Nov 13, 2016, 10:23 PM

There was only one thing we could have done to let them back in the game at that point. Turn it over. ( By the way, we had already thrown one int in the the end zone on the first drive). By calling a pass play of any description, we increased the odds of that happening immensely.

Nov 13, 2016, 10:33 PM

Yes, but by running when the D was 99% sure we would run we would have most likely been stopped.

Nov 14, 2016, 12:04 AM

It wouldn't have mattered if they stopped us. If we get three right there it's probably (95%) lights out.

Thats easy to criticize now...

Nov 13, 2016, 10:35 PM

Im kind of with you on that but you do have to consider that Gallman had already fumbled down there and we were passing very well. Its not the best play call in the moment bc it has the most risk but it was a pretty safe route. Watson just made a throw that wasnt there and its on him, not Elliot, Scott or Dabo. They cant be blamed for poor decision making....it may have been Watson's biggest lapse this season and thats saying something.

You mean the "fumble" that was a TD?

Nov 13, 2016, 10:44 PM

SMDH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

yes the one where we were fortunate he

Nov 19, 2016, 9:43 PM

Crossed the plane first. He still fumbled

Nov 13, 2016, 11:04 PM

I 100% agree with you. I suspect they were just calling a play rather than thinking about a global winning strategy. The head coach needs to take control and set that global winning strategy. I love Dabo, but he should have not permitted a pass when a minimum of 3 pts. is probably going to win the game.

You won't hear them say anything like that because they

Nov 13, 2016, 11:38 PM

don't get it. They really don't understand clock management, as evident by the Auburn game this year and games in years past at the end of halves.

Nov 14, 2016, 12:13 AM

Yep throwing the ball up by 8 with 5 mins to go was stupid.
Just plain stupid any way you want to spin it.
Up by 11 with 3 or so minutes and we win

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic