Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to sports radio here in Winston-Salem today and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 51

Listening to sports radio here in Winston-Salem today and

Dec 17, 2018, 4:39 PM

the host is talking about Clemson vs. Notre Dame. Says he just doesn't understand the point spread and that he's not sure that Clemson has been tested this year. He asked who are Clemson's best wins this year? Texas A&M, Pitt, Syracuse, NC State? Noted that the Domers strength of schedule is stronger than ours.

He asked is Pitt or Syracuse as good as Notre Dame? And failed to mention that Notre Dame barely beat Pitt - was lucky to win actually in the last minute or so.

Also predicted that Bama would "roll" Oklahoma.

I agree that anything can happen and Notre Dame "could" win, but don't think that's likely. I see them as a Big 10 team - big, but not as athletic or as fast as the Tigers. I think if we play well and don't turn it over that we cover the spread and win by two TDs at least.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a good reason why I tend to avoid all the

Dec 17, 2018, 4:43 PM

bowl hoopla this time of year: too many self-appointed gurus attempting to impart their contrived "wisdom" upon the masses.

Makes for a much more enjoyable holiday season while whetting the appetite for the actual game!

GO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m very leery of what NDame may present to our team since really solid across the board.

Dec 17, 2018, 4:45 PM

Kick the dang ball & let’s see, i say!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND struggled to beat a 5-7 USC (real one) team their last

Dec 17, 2018, 6:06 PM

game of the year. ND gave up 400 yards of offense to Wake and Vandy. ND had to score a late 4th quarter TD to beat Pitt 19-14. The same Pitt team Clemson throttled 42-10.

Their best win (Michigan) didn't look so good after Ohio State pounded them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of those stats matter imo

Dec 17, 2018, 7:04 PM

When it’s a playoff game and you have a chance to go to the national championship, players tend to have a little more sense of urgency. Add to the fact that they have 4 weeks to prepare for us makes things different as well. I do think we’ll win but don’t judge what they did in their past games on what will happen in this game.

Re: I’m very leery of what NDame may present to our team since really solid across the board.

Dec 17, 2018, 6:49 PM [ in reply to I’m very leery of what NDame may present to our team since really solid across the board. ]

That's the best way that I know shut the talkers down, spot the ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to sports radio here in Winston-Salem today and

Dec 17, 2018, 4:46 PM

Our secondary & special teams are my main concern on 12/29/18.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:48 PM

i'm shocked they are even talking about football. Usually in December in North Carolina you only get hoops coverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 6:57 PM

We're more likely to get the first playoff round shutout than Bama is.

If not a shutout, tigers by at least 21.

Write it down.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic