Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Insider information...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Insider information...

Apr 14, 2014, 8:06 PM

I know I will probably get blasted for this because like any good Communications minor I refuse to release my source on this information, but for those who are willing I'll inform y'all on what I have just heard from a person close to Chad Kelly. Chad Kelly states that he was not in his car when it was run into one of the Athletic Department vehicles, but rather one of his friends was driving the car. Also, while Chad Kelly was released from his scholarship and effectively removed from the team, he was given the option to remain at Clemson and return to the team after this year if he so choose. You don't have to believe anything I say, I'm just trying to give y'all the little bit of information I received from a credible source.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not trying to be a jerk about this

Apr 14, 2014, 8:13 PM

I'm sorry if I come off that way, but I highly doubt someone else was driving his car. With everything that has been happening, it seems like a fishy time to happen. But thats just my 2 cents

Re: I am not trying to be a jerk about this

Apr 14, 2014, 8:15 PM

No, I completely agree with you. If I wasn't there for the phone conversation with Kelly I would be right there with you but I'm just reporting on what I heard through speaker phone.

Re: Insider information...

Apr 14, 2014, 8:20 PM

he has friends??? Wonders never cease

Apr 14, 2014, 8:21 PM

No doubt his character is questionable.

Liar***

Apr 14, 2014, 8:21 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Liar***

Apr 14, 2014, 8:27 PM

Think what you want man, I'm a christian man and see no reason to lie but when I posted this I expected a level of unfounded slander.

Sorry I don't believe your insider information***

Apr 14, 2014, 8:31 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Sorry I don't believe your insider information***

Apr 14, 2014, 9:08 PM

And I completely respect that because I have chosen not to release information about my source. I have just been fortunate, through classes in the communication department, to develop relationships with people more in the know than I am.

This

Apr 14, 2014, 8:32 PM

happens a lot. I've watched plenty of COPS episodes and you'd be surprised at the amount of times they get the wrong guy. The cops actually just catch the first random guy running and charge him.

Re: This

Apr 14, 2014, 8:35 PM

That is true but I'm not completely sure that Kelly wasn't trying to cover his tail. He stated that he wasn't in the vehicle but based on his past exploits it's difficult to not have some doubt in him.

Apr 14, 2014, 8:33 PM

Let's say your telling the truth.

That doesn't mean CK is telling the truth about what happened. If he was driving the car and they are investigating he might lie about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is that you, Chad???

Apr 14, 2014, 9:11 PM

People on TNet aren't really proud of you right now....

Re: is that you, Chad???

Apr 14, 2014, 9:13 PM

I wish I was so I could get my head on straight and lead us to a National Championship but unfortunately I'm not. I did get a good laugh out of this however.

Apr 14, 2014, 9:12 PM

https://twitter.com/aliarogers/status/455864603990568961

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2014, 9:18 PM

I saw that too and I tend to lean more on the Ali Rogers side for honesty but Chad Kelly did post earlier how "someone was lying."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24526711/report-clemson-qb-chad-kelly-dismissed

Re: maybe he meant lying about the police...

Apr 14, 2014, 9:20 PM

or "dismissed" from the team instead of "suspended indefinitely"

and we know how that usually turns out...

Re: maybe he meant lying about the police...

Apr 14, 2014, 9:24 PM

It could be a number of things. Frankly we're caught in a war of He Said, She Said because none of us were there, and I think we all would tend to believe Rogers to be more honest than Kelly based on past events, especially this Saturday at the Spring Game.

I don't think Dabo's words, "Wish him the best" in the

Apr 14, 2014, 9:25 PM

future suggests that he was offered a chance to return after a year. Sounds completely final to me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ali Rogers Agreed

Apr 14, 2014, 9:37 PM

In her twitter she said Chad was riding with someone who hit her car. That happened, according to her, on Thursday. Thus I don't think that is the reason he was dismissed ( not saying it wasnt one of the reason just not the only one).

I doubt he could come back to the team but they didn't likely tell him he had to leave school during the semester.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ali Rogers Agreed

Apr 14, 2014, 10:01 PM

I'd hate to over-analyze Coach Swinney's position but based off passed experiences it could be simply that he's leaving the door open but expecting Chad to move on, like we all are.

Apr 14, 2014, 10:04 PM

lol, chad is history

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2014, 10:19 PM
IMG_3265.jpg(207.9 K)

Chad doesn't have a car in Clemson.

Most football players have mopeds.

Tuesday, two days before incident with Ali.

Pic attached.

Perhaps but

Apr 14, 2014, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Ali Rogers Agreed ]

That isn't the way that Dabo typically plays these things. He tends to be a straight shooter. I didn't see anything saying Chad might be welcome back. Some people saw a small glimmer when Mike Bellamy left but I just don't see it here. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Chad get his act together and succeed but I just don't see that happening at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see why anyone doubts your version. It's consistent

Apr 14, 2014, 10:27 PM

with everything else I've seen.
Ali Rogers says he was in a car that hit her car and he was a jerk about it. (totally believable)
Dabo dismissed him from the team, but Dabo can't expel him from school. Dabo also gives players a chance to make amends and straighten up. If he stays in school at Clemson and flies right, I would expect the football team to take him back.

What's so unbelievable about any of that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic