Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Letters to Haley Reveal a lot of hatred directed at SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Letters to Haley Reveal a lot of hatred directed at SC

Jul 6, 2016, 10:23 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/20160706/160709650/thousands-sent-emails-to-gov-nikki-haley-to-bring-down-confederate-flag-documents-show

Open the PDFs at the bottom for an interesting read.

Not trying to debate the flag again.

Just found the tone of many from out of state disturbing. Many didn't limit their comments to the flag - many talked about our evil, stupid, etc they think SC is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were any of the PDFs Clemson related?

Jul 6, 2016, 10:31 PM

Otherwise take it to the jounge.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you +1***

Jul 7, 2016, 3:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

You ain't the boss of me!***

Jul 7, 2016, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Were any of the PDFs Clemson related? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Letters to Haley Reveal a lot of hatred directed at SC

Jul 6, 2016, 10:33 PM

She/SC did the right thing by taking it down. Honestly, one of the few things I recall being proud of my state for doing in my 46 years. I love SC...but we have found ourselves on the wrong side of history too many times.

It's funny that the flag on the state house grounds

Jul 7, 2016, 7:53 AM

is the cause of all our ills. But Charleston is always listed as one of the most popular cities in the world. That's where it all started. I guess reservations at a nice restaurant in a historical coastal town and a weeks stay at one of the nearby beaches is another topic for another day.

lol.. suggested this before - so pray tell me

Jul 7, 2016, 9:12 AM

just how it is that racism is Southern bred

and yet there are

deep pockets of African-American poverty,

failed educational systems,

overwhelmed public health-care systems,

outstripped child services,

teaming unemployment,

and local economies based solely on

rampant drug use/sale or government subsidies

IN EVERY CITY NORTH OF THE MASON_DIXON OR WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI.

I doubt Ben Tillman had anything at all to do with the

LA race-riots, Rodney King, or OJ Simpson.

Jul 7, 2016, 3:23 PM

Today it's the flag tomorrow it's something else. People like jessie jackson and al sharpton keep racism going. That's how the steal from there own race. And you bleeding heart liberals fall for their BS everytime.

And then we wonder why our country is in such chaos!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2016, 4:25 PM

I like how you so expertly boiled such a complex issue down to a sound bite...name dropped a couple of dudes you know get the trailer parks in a tizzy...used the word 'their' to create separation and a common enemy...and then blamed 'them' for the obvious 'chaos' around us and our pending demise. Well done! You are either a Trump voter, a Baptist Preacher, or a tea party politician...heck, maybe all of the above?

Jul 7, 2016, 5:11 PM

Any one else see the irony in this post?

Yes***

Jul 7, 2016, 10:56 PM

Jul 7, 2016, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Letters to Haley Reveal a lot of hatred directed at SC ]

The mistake the South made was to allow the KKK to adopt the Confederate battle flag as it's symbol.

That's when the flag changed from being a symbol of regional pride to a symbol of racial hatred.

Southerners, truly proud of their heritage should have stepped up and taken the flag back from them. That didn't happen, they allowed it to be desecrated and adopted by a brain dead, hate filled, mindless group of thugs.

One of the emails sent to Haley: "“I am a Caucasian daughter of a Klansman!” a woman from Louisiana wrote. “I KNOW what that flag means to white supremacists and to be honest, so do you. Stop the charade. Take it down NOW.”

It needed to be taken down, not for what it stood for 150 years ago but for what it has been allowed to be a symbol of in modern times... the noxious idea that whites are superior to all ther races. Stupid and self-delusional.

God Bless ALL of America.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2016, 11:58 AM

Felix, I find your take on the flag interesting but your last paragraph, specifically the part about white superiority and self delusion to be off. Whites value their distinctness but not necessarily from feelings of superiority. Most of the rest of the world respects that. Why can't blacks? And while I'm at it, I ask the same of Jews, Mohammedans, and Progressive Liberals of all stripes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 4:55 PM

I understand what your saying but I disagree only in this sense. I very easily understand "cultural pride". I'm proud of the values that the unique culture and heritage of SC holds and taught me. I'm proud to be an American for the same reason. I am not, however, proud to be Caucasian. I see no point in it. It isn't something that I participated in nor is it something that I chose to adopt for myself. To me it's a distinction without a value, much like being proud that one has brown eyes or is 6 feet tall.

Clearly some Americans of Italian, Irish, English descent, etc, tend to be proud of the distinctiveness associated with their ancestry as a cultural identity. However, I have never known anyone who was proud of being a Caucasian solely because they were Caucasian. That is, other than within a comparative context to other races. One could just as easily say that people with blonde hair are better or substantially different from people with brown hair. It is a distinction without a real difference. And I certainly have never met or heard of anyone who when comparing their race to others did so in an inferior way. The comparison, in my view, is baseless and without any merit. Race is more of a coincidence rather than a value described by character or deed. For example, the English didn't dominate the world for 3 centuries because they were Caucasian. Race had nothing to do with it. Wealth, ingenuity and great ship building materials made it happen.

Now, having said all of that, I respect your opinion on race. But the core of what I was addressing was the abrogation of the Confederate Battle Flag by white supremacist groups like the KKK. In the vast majority of eyes that flag, rightly or wrongly reflected racial hatred primarily and fundamentally.

Ohioans should never set foot in racist SC again!!!

Jul 7, 2016, 5:36 PM

please spread the word to everyone! Stay away! We are horrible people and our beaches suck!

Since when have the citizens of the State of South

Jul 8, 2016, 9:37 AM

Carolina cared what citizens of other states think? We have not cared since colonial days. Certainly didn't care on December 20, 1860, or during the state and federal elections of 1875. I really don't care now. If people who are ignorant about US history and the true intent of our Founding Fathers in drafting the US Constitution, then they can stay the H*** out of our great State!

remarkably, there NEVER seems to be a shortage

Jul 9, 2016, 5:25 PM

of morons and imbeciles in the world.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: remarkably, there NEVER seems to be a shortage

Jul 9, 2016, 11:26 PM

Tis true. Can't swing a dead cat around anywhere without hittin a few.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic