Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Letter to Slurrier: Godd read for house coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Letter to Slurrier: Godd read for house coots

Dec 9, 2013, 8:25 PM

Dear Coach Slurrier (or Coach Coors, whichever you prefer),

I wanted to gradulate you (I’m sure you still speak ‘gator,’ right?) on another fine season and a 10-2 record. It really is amazing what you’ve done with the program where great coaches go to die. And you own Dabo like you did Ray Goff. But, I mean, his name is Dabo. Mostly, I wanted to commend you on a feat that I am not sure has been accomplished in the long history of the SEC since we went to divisions (Admittedly, I haven’t really looked it up): You have amazingly gone three straight seasons with defeating the SEC East Champs while sitting at home the first weekend in December. I’m sure this is something you and the Gamecock faithful can be proud of. In fact, it sounds like a possible ring or stadium banner idea. Of course, I concur with you in recent years that we should really think about schedules and maybe another way to determine the division champions in our esteemed conference.

Whoever gets the easiest draw vs the West really has the advantage and seems to win the division. Wait, you played the two teams from the West (6-6 Miss St. and 3-9 Arkansas) with the two worst records? And Mizzou had to play Jonathan Tackle Football and Ole Miss? And UGA had to play LSU and Auburn? Oh, sorry, I was thinking you had a point there.

As you’ve mentioned before, really we should only count division games. Wait, you mean y’all tied UGA at 4-2 in the division while Mizzou went 5-1? Rats, I thought you had a point there, Coach.

You were right that it’s hard to raise a program up in the SEC and get to that SEC championship game. I mean, it was amazing how quickly South Carolina did it from 1992 to 2010, only 18 years after joining the league. And it only took you 5 years since you got there in 2005. Wait, it took Mizzou 2 years? I must be confused.

Maybe the division title should go to the team that tries the hardest?

In any event, you’ve raised the level of consistency in Columbia to new heights, and for that you should be extolled. What is truly remarkable is how you guys have consistently lost an inexplicable game in the last three years that eventually cost you the division title.

2011 – That home loss to a 7-5 Auburn team, who squeaked by Utah State on a miracle finish. By the way, isn’t Auburn the one team that owned you while you were in Gainesville?

2012 – A 33-point beat down to your alma mater, Florida, in a game in which Florida had 183 yards offense. No, I’m serious. That’s how many yards they had. And won. By nearly 5 touchdowns. Did I mention it was your alma mater?

2013 – A loss at Tennessee, whose only other SEC victory came against 0-8 Kentucky. Didn’t you used to whip Tennessee every year? Coach, I don’t want you to get down about this. I don’t want you to think about how that loss to that bad Tennessee team has cost your team a chance at being 11-1, playing for the SEC title, and a shot at a BCS National Championship Game birth. Coach Fulmer called me and told me to tell you to just forget it, and he sends his condolences.

We’ve had a disappointing, sometimes exhilarating and crazy season in Athens this year, Coach. But finally, I wanted to laud you for joining a distinguished group. In 2013, the Cardiac Dawgs only beat four teams by double digits: North Texas, Appalachian State, Kentucky, and the Mighty South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks. Now that deserves a banner in Williams-Brice.

Coach, whatever you do, I don’t want you to get down about this. I’m sure that some time in the near future again you’ll encounter a season in which Florida and Tennessee are dumpster fires and not bowl eligible, and you play the worst two teams in the West while UGA plays the #1 and #3 teams in the West while starting 78 freshmen on defense and ends up having 24 players tear their ACLs. And in that same season, I’m sure again you’ll have the best QB in your school’s history and the best defensive player in the country and your school’s history. I’m sure another opportunity like that is just around the corner.

Sincerely,

The Bulldog Nation

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Letter to Slurrier: Godd read for house coots

Dec 9, 2013, 8:43 PM

Seriously? Give it up they beat us. Tiger fans look like fools still talking trash. When we can beat them we can talk!

null

Its a letter from UGA, stupid coot

Dec 9, 2013, 8:48 PM

get over yurself

Re: Its a letter from UGA, stupid coot

Dec 9, 2013, 8:51 PM

Yes, I realize that.

null

This is a Clemson board. Any coot on this board is a loser

Dec 9, 2013, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Letter to Slurrier: Godd read for house coots ]

a deserves to read this sort of stuff.

Re: This is a Clemson board. Any coot on this board is a loser

Dec 9, 2013, 8:57 PM

Fair enough. Been following this board for years. I would just like to see us back up all the talk next year. Just frustrated to still see trash talk when it has been awhile since we beat them. Next year I hope that happens.

null

That's a lot of words.

Dec 9, 2013, 8:48 PM

Congrats!

Dec 9, 2013, 8:57 PM

Still funny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Underrated post of the day... well written and beautifully delivered.

Dec 9, 2013, 9:19 PM

You forgot 2009... you know, when they an uninterested #1 Alabama in route to their 1st SEC Champ game appearance ever. Blow out loss in that one against the same team we took into OT after KP was speared and ineffective thereafter (and that's being generous). Anyways, after claiming their first sec east crown, they finished up the year 9-5. Has their ever been a worse overall record for an sec east champ? Doubt it.

Dec 10, 2013, 7:53 AM

Kudos on the truth told in a sarcastic way. Truth sometimes comes with a sting of irony.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knew there were clever Georgia fans

Dec 10, 2013, 7:56 AM

First " This is South Carolina Football", now this?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic